New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

57 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Aston-Villa-Logo-1880-1881-700x394.png

This would have worked for me either in Villa claret or blue. The new lion seems a little bit of a throwback to the original, with slightly less detail, but that is OK.

I know the history of it but no. Looks like a Yorkie Terrier that’s been left out in the rain. Awful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, est1874 said:

It's not that difficult to grasp that text - be it letters or numbers - should always look correctly aligned on a badge.

Whether it's because it's geometrically aligned or not isn't actually important, what matters is whether it looks right.

The 1874 doesn't look right and I'm not the only person to pick up on it.

That clear it up?

Looks right to me. And most other people it would seem. 

Just seems strange that you’re annoyed that they’re not lined up. And when it was pointed out that they obviously are lined up, you now think that they shouldn’t be lined up just so that they LOOK lined up specifically for you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

To be fair, Google did this with their logo. It’s designed to be more aesthetically pleasing vs geometrically accurate. 

Oh you've taken a break from making thinly-veiled personal jabs to offer something useful, that's good.

It actually is quite a helpful video, because it exactly illustrates my point vs the people who broke out the Photoshop circles to prove that the 1874 was geometrically correct. As helpful as it is to show that something is accurate within concentric circles, if it doesn't look right without those circles, then it should be adjusted even if that means it ends up being geometrically inaccurate. If it doesn't look right to the naked eye, move it.

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Looks right to me. And most other people it would seem. 

Just seems strange that you’re annoyed that they’re not lined up. And when it was pointed out that they obviously are lined up, you now think that they shouldn’t be lined up just so that they LOOK lined up specifically for you

Maybe it's just not what they're looking at / focusing on yet? Which is fine, but it's an unfortunate thing for a lot of people to realize - months or years after the club have slapped this everywhere - that small details don't look right.

It's hardly the only issue with the badge, but from a design perspective it's one of the first things that pops out to me as easily fixable / adjustable.

And it only seems "strange" to you because you're intent on not grasping my point and carrying on an argument with me about it. For some reason you can't just accept that the 1874 looks entirely wonky to my eyes. If it looks fine to you, why is it so important to pick over my reasoning? I'm really sorry that I initially thought it was geometrically wrong - is that what you want to hear? It still looks off to me and to others like @His Name Is Death, and I feel the 4 could be easily adjusted as a result to bring a better overall optical balance to the text portions.

44 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Oh you've taken a break from making thinly-veiled personal jabs to offer something useful, that's good.

It actually is quite a helpful video, because it exactly illustrates my point vs the people who broke out the Photoshop circles to prove that the 1874 was geometrically correct. As helpful as it is to show that something is accurate within concentric circles, if it doesn't look right without those circles, then it should be adjusted even if that means it ends up being geometrically inaccurate. If it doesn't look right to the naked eye, move it.

Let’s make sure stay on topic about the badge. Don’t want you getting any warning points for attacking other posters. 

I agree with you though. The writing on the logo does look a bit wonky to my eyes too. But it’s nothing something I find upsetting because I know round logos are going to inevitably have issue with the way the font is spaced/sized. It’s interesting comparing it to the original logo, which had the benefit of having the FC on it to balance it a bit more.image.jpeg.486ed5eca19b26ba581d15bba0718cf6.jpeg

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

They had the general design decades before us the first time round

These are the types of facts I will continue to ignore, in furtherance of my agenda/debate with them. lol

We defo had the Lion first though.

16 hours ago, est1874 said:

Maybe it's just not what they're looking at / focusing on yet? Which is fine, but it's an unfortunate thing for a lot of people to realize - months or years after the club have slapped this everywhere - that small details don't look right.

It's hardly the only issue with the badge, but from a design perspective it's one of the first things that pops out to me as easily fixable / adjustable.

And it only seems "strange" to you because you're intent on not grasping my point and carrying on an argument with me about it. For some reason you can't just accept that the 1874 looks entirely wonky to my eyes. If it looks fine to you, why is it so important to pick over my reasoning? I'm really sorry that I initially thought it was geometrically wrong - is that what you want to hear? It still looks off to me and to others like @His Name Is Death, and I feel the 4 could be easily adjusted as a result to bring a better overall optical balance to the text portions.

Why do your eyes count and not everybody else’s?

It seems to look fine to me and everyone else. There’s two of you who says it looks wonky. 
And it’s been shown that they aren’t wonky  at all  

Are you expecting the designers to cater to your eyes specifically?

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Why do your eyes count and not everybody else’s?

It seems to look fine to me and everyone else. There’s two of you who says it looks wonky. 
And it’s been shown that they aren’t wonky  at all  

Are you expecting the designers to cater to your eyes specifically?

Congrats, I can't be bothered with this pointless argument anymore. I don't think it looks right, you do. That's literally the crux of all this nonsense back and forth. I suggest we leave it there.

20 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Think when you see them like this it's hard to argue the current isn't shite. IMO

FB_IMG_1668189153235.jpg

I love the new one. Just looks right. Especially the full name. I've been beating that drum for a while now, so very pleased to see that.

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Congrats, I can't be bothered with this pointless argument anymore. I don't think it looks right, you do. That's literally the crux of all this nonsense back and forth. I suggest we leave it there.

Well that’s not the crux is it. The crux is it’s been proven it isn’t wonky but you seem to think the designers should have catered for your eye. 

that’s fine. I just find it weird

On 11/11/2022 at 17:53, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Think when you see them like this it's hard to argue the current isn't shite. IMO

FB_IMG_1668189153235.jpg

**** Chelsea. We had it first. That is a vast improvement and I’m over the moon with it.

40 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

It seems so simple to put that star elsewhere. Even between Aston and Villa. It looks so random the way it is. 

I think that’d look a little bit People’s Democratic Republic of the Revolutionary Aston Villa Workers’ Club 

• Haha 3