New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Fair enough, and appreciate the geometric accuracy of what you've done above, but in situations like this, designers will usually adjust it optically so it 'looks' right to the eye. After all it's not much use having something that is technically correct but appears wrong to anyone who looks closely (be they our own fans, neutrals, etc).

I'm sure the designers have tried an nudge here and there to make it 'look right' but often it makes it look worse. I think it might be the 7 that's throwing the eyes out, the slant of it against the slant of the 4, so possibly they could have straightened that up a bit, but again there's no guarantee it doesn't look worse if they tried it. I speak from experience of someone who has spent hours of nudging elements around trying to get them to 'look right', there's no exact science to it which is why designers often fall back to the geometrically correct option.

Then of course, we all perceive things differently, what looks right to you may not look right to me, and so on, in such situations I'd image the designer will involve other designers within the company and they'll settle on what the majority perceives to be right.

• Like 1

It was a utterly pointless poll as it is on season ticket holders who are overwhelming middle aged blokes who remember the early 80s. I have no idea why they limited the electorate to this size, as surely  the badge/crest is far broader in regards to branding on social media and international which is a much younger base.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It was a utterly pointless poll as it is on season ticket holders who are overwhelming middle aged blokes who remember the early 80s. I have no idea why they limited the electorate to this size, as surely  the badge/crest is far broader in regards to branding on social media and international which is a much younger base.

Maybe because they wanted round all along. Just saying. More like whispering it though, it's not a popular suggestion.

18 hours ago, est1874 said:

He is the CEO. It's his operation, the redesign is his initiative.

If Twitter rebranded (which they probably will do) according to a user poll, and low-key suggested to users via the accompanying narrative that one option might be preferred over the other, would you call me out for suggesting that Musk wanted the big black lightning bolt to replace the cute little bird?

You have an extremely unhealthy loathing of Purslow. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't agree with this statement tbh. If you are a ST Holder, frequent games or have been down the ground anytime recently, then you'll realise that actually we have a very diverse crowd these days full of ST holders under 40. You'd have to be near on 50 years old to remember 82 or that period and many of the ST holders I would gather came after that era. 

I don't know where this idea has come from that it's only middle aged blokes down the Villa but it's total nonsense. 

As for social media and branding blah blah blah.... who really gives a shit. Aston Villa is Aston Villa and ST holders are as good a judges as anyone to be asked their thoughts on the process and decision. If I wasn't an ST holder I'd still be happy for those that were to make the decision for the general fanbase. I think opening up the poll to club members etc would have been a good idea but where do you stop.... By allowing every random on the internet to have a say.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Farlz said:

The club can continue to live in the past like always then.

It's a badge. It's round. We haven't had a round badge for ages.  So long ago it's like new. 

Surely another shield badge would be living in the continuoum. Do you not like change? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

Terrible we look like a knockoff Chelsea

Disappointing

Chelsea will always ALWAYS look like a knockoff Villa. 

In 1874 we had a rampant lion facing right.  Chelsea didn't even start using a lion till the 1950s, a good 75 years after we had been. 

How dare you say we look like a knockoff Chelsea. How dare you. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

they did. not everyone was eligible to vote. 

Oh I see.  So like 90% of everyone who wasn't entitled to vote would have gone the other way and swung it. It was only the weird ones who were able to vote who had 77% who preferred it. 

Get over yourself. An overwhelming majority wanted a round badge, the result would have been similar regardless of who was entitled to vote. 

It's  refreshing change, we haven't had a round badge for decades. 

I was entitled to vote and personally preferred the round badge but wasn't really too bothered so I thought I would leave it up to others to vote. 

You lot who are against the round badge are all coming across a bit Trumpish at the moment. 

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Chelsea will always ALWAYS look like a knockoff Villa. 

In 1874 we had a rampant lion facing right.  Chelsea didn't even start using a lion till the 1950s, a good 75 years after we had been. 

How dare you say we look like a knockoff Chelsea. How dare you. 

Calm down Greta

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, ChristchurchVillan said:

I like it but cant unsee the lion facing the other way. I suppode ill get used to it.

Aston Villa club crest 1874 - 1886.

image.png.361d67bcc4f9c4b9e6ca97b2fb29a49c.png

We're back baby. 

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

For all the debate, it’s pretty clear that the new badge/crest is an improvement on our current version. I think most of us will grow to like the new one over time. 

6AC7861E-8F69-4BE4-AA5A-4DE72D99EB48.png.a7cf1ae6f0d37eed84046cb77001c720.png

I didn't really want the round badge and i'm not over keen but it's won and thats it.  I'll wear it with pride and i'm sure, given time i will grow to love it....

but, the body of lion on the new one is just too thin in relation to it's head.

from the old one it looks like it's been on one hell of a diet and lost loads of weight

he needs to get down to McDonalds and KFC for a few weeks to put a bit of timber on and beef up bit.

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

It wasn't restricted to season ticket holders.

It was open to season ticket holders and members - that's 60,000 people - I think that's a pretty representative number.

• Like 1