New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

BBC and other sites have posted out new badge on their pages.

Current arguments ongoing between Chelsea fans and Villa fans as they are claiming we've copied them.

Aside from us actually haveing the badge first, their lion actually looks less like a lion, and more like a Dragon with an identity crisis!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Aside from us actually haveing the badge first, their lion actually looks less like a lion, and more like a Dragon with an identity crisis and trying to make some cash from pole dancing

FTFY

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Current arguments ongoing between Chelsea fans and Villa fans as they are claiming we've copied them.

Aside from us actually haveing the badge first, their lion actually looks less like a lion, and more like a Dragon with an identity crisis!

BBC went out their way to post the lowest quality pixellated version they could find.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, villa82 said:

I hate the old badge, without our name, and all that yellow. Drawn by a child. The new one is claret and blue, lovely.

I also like that the lion face the other way. 

The lion itself is good, but maybe the lion from the 2000-2001 shield looked better, not as slim as the new one.

87964FF3-163A-49D7-B4D5-A92F37C5C2C2.gif

This is my favourite ever badge. It has a special  place for me as thats the badge when i started following the club

• Like 1

Chelsea fans are hilarious. If our new badge is a copy of anything it's our own badge that we had for about 20 years prior to the foundation of the Premier League.

The aspect I find irritating is the credence given to the Chelsea fans' views, eg the Daily Mail article today.

1 hour ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Chelsea fans are hilarious. If our new badge is a copy of anything it's our own badge that we had for about 20 years prior to the foundation of the Premier League.

The aspect I find irritating is the credence given to the Chelsea fans' views, eg the Daily Mail article today.

It’s the Daily Mail dude, don’t let it bother you  🤷🏻‍♂️ 
We’re Aston Villa, we don’t copy anyone, we founded the football league, and we were lions then and we’re lions now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

It was a utterly pointless poll as it is on season ticket holders who are overwhelming middle aged blokes who remember the early 80s. I have no idea why they limited the electorate to this size, as surely  the badge/crest is far broader in regards to branding on social media and international which is a much younger base.

It wasn’t just season ticket holders

10 hours ago, est1874 said:

Fair enough, and appreciate the geometric accuracy of what you've done above, but in situations like this, designers will usually adjust it optically so it 'looks' right to the eye. After all it's not much use having something that is technically correct but appears wrong to anyone who looks closely (be they our own fans, neutrals, etc).

So you were originally annoyed that the numbers were off centre and/or different heights. 

But now you’re annoyed that they’re not off centre or different heights but they should be because they look a bit wonky to your eye?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So you were originally annoyed that the numbers were off centre and/or different heights. 

But now you’re annoyed that they’re not off centre or different heights but they should be because they look a bit wonky to your eye?

Some people always have to be mad about something. Can’t just appreciate what’s be given to them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, imavillan said:

but, the body of lion on the new one is just too thin in relation to it's head.

It's wearing last year's Kappa kit.

I'm sorry but I am having a hard time taking all this too seriously.

11 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

It seems fine to me, you often get these tricks of the eye

Thanks for all the effort in all this. A voice of reason in the cacophony of emotion ;) 

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They had the general design decades before us the first time round

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

Oh I see.  So like 90% of everyone who wasn't entitled to vote would have gone the other way and swung it. It was only the weird ones who were able to vote who had 77% who preferred it. 

Get over yourself. An overwhelming majority wanted a round badge, the result would have been similar regardless of who was entitled to vote. 

It's  refreshing change, we haven't had a round badge for decades. 

I was entitled to vote and personally preferred the round badge but wasn't really too bothered so I thought I would leave it up to others to vote. 

You lot who are against the round badge are all coming across a bit Trumpish at the moment. 

excuse me? i've said many times that the round badge was always going to win. it was obvious. i was just pointing out that there were a lot of people wanted the shield/gas lamp in isolation, and that it was frustrating being in that group because it was never going to win. clearly we were the much smaller majority. it might have been a little closer had there been a wider voting audience, but it's pretty cut and dry.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Iis it a fu**ed up rabbit with no ears or a chicken

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It's not that difficult to grasp that text - be it letters or numbers - should always look correctly aligned on a badge.

Whether it's because it's geometrically aligned or not isn't actually important, what matters is whether it looks right.

The 1874 doesn't look right and I'm not the only person to pick up on it.

That clear it up?

11 minutes ago, est1874 said:

It's not that difficult to grasp that text - be it letters or numbers - should always look correctly aligned on a badge.

Whether it's because it's geometrically aligned or not isn't actually important, what matters is whether it looks right.

The 1874 doesn't look right and I'm not the only person to pick up on it.

That clear it up?

To be fair, Google did this with their logo. It’s designed to be more aesthetically pleasing vs geometrically accurate. 

Edited by Aston_Villan4