$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

People really think Lerner was focused on FFP rules? Come on.

Yes they do, John. Is that okay or are you going to shout down other people's opinions until you shit yourself with rage!?

If you're selling a football club then any new owner might like to know whether the club is compliant to the new PL FFP rules. It would form part of the due diligence process.

It gives a buyer a better platform from which to work from. It means they don't have to shovel shit before they can invest in the playing squad. If the club is around break even following the injection of the new TV money then it's a nice point financially for a new owner to start from.

If you believe that you are very naive!! Anyone (even Lerner an Faulkner) who understand the game knows they could never fully apply FFP. Even if they did, it would only rule you out of European football for season. Not the end of the world. If your trying to build a team may even may be an advantage!!

Yes they do, John. Is that okay or are you going to shout down other people's opinions until you shit yourself with rage!?

If you're selling a football club then any new owner might like to know whether the club is compliant to the new PL FFP rules. It would form part of the due diligence process.

It gives a buyer a better platform from which to work from. It means they don't have to shovel shit before they can invest in the playing squad. If the club is around break even following the injection of the new TV money then it's a nice point financially for a new owner to start from.

If you believe that you are very naive!! Anyone (even Lerner an Faulkner) who understand the game knows they could never fully apply FFP. Even if they did, it would only rule you out of European football for season. Not the end of the world. If your trying to build a team may even may be an advantage!!

But you're confusing the PL and UEFA rules.

• Like 1

:lol:

I think you're getting confused.

Haha whose post seemed more angry with rage?

You keep believing that good old Randy was doing that then.

From Lambert's press conference:

"From day one, Randy's been hundred percent with me but football owes you nothing and we must respect his decision when it comes."

Lerner's statement doesn't shed any light on it and doesn't deny anything either. He may well be happy to not deny outright because it keeps this feel good factor going through our last few fixtures towards survival. There could also be new investment with him staying on as owner or there could be new owners altogether.

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 1

“I think if people read into the statement and are quite clever about it they’ll understand. If you’re not clever you’ll not pick it up. That’s the bottom line.”

Another interesting quote from Lambert about lerners statement.

There is probably a hidden code within Lerner's statement that us simpletons are incapable of deciphering.

Edited by Isa

“I think if people read into the statement and are quite clever about it they’ll understand. If you’re not clever you’ll not pick it up. That’s the bottom line.”

There is probably a hidden code with Lerner's statement that us simpletons are incapable of deciphering.

Yes i was thinking that.  I must not be that clever as its ambiguous and could mean a number of things to me.

There is probably a hidden code with Lerner's statement that us simpletons are incapable of deciphering.

Yes i was thinking that. I must not be that clever as its ambiguous and could mean a number of things to me.

Most managers use rhetoric to make their point. They dress simple answers in extra bumf to get through press confs without saying very much or giving stuff away. By saying 'yes, if you look for something in these quotes, you'll find something', he's then just repeating the same message backwards as they always do without considering that some people may take it the wrong way.

Really nothing to see here, move on.

Just been talking to a villa fan on site where I've been working. He aint been for a couple of year due to how the club has turned into a joke. Anyway his uncle is best mates with chief executive of norwich and according to this bloke at norwich, villa got sold months ago. Obviously the deal aint been done yet but it was agreed months ago apparantly. How true it is I don't know and I don't know wether this bloke at norwich would be ITK or not. Apparantly he's still good mates with lambert so I don't know.

Tough things don't make me laugh FFP is a joke if it doesn't include expulsion from Europe for the UEFA rules, and points deductions for the PL rules.

All they can do then is warn and fine.

Fines are a joke compared to the income from those competitions unless its like we will fine you 30m quid fat chance it will even be a tenth of that and where would a fine even go?

Nah Morley because then there is precedent from this round if it is challenged in court.

There's a lot more they can do than warn and fine.

For example they could restrict the number of players a club may name in it's squad for Euro games - say for example PSG aren't allowed the normal amount (is it 22) but instead are told they can only name (say) 18. If they get injuries, suspenders, loss of form etc, then they can't have the same chance of winning it, which is what all the money is for and about. Or they could impose a transfer ban, not allowing them to make any signings.

Fines are a joke to the mega rich, but I don't think it's fines or nothing. There's plenty in between. And also with fines, if (say) PSG did a massive breach and (say) Inter a minor breach, fining PSG 5 times the amount would be meaningless. But knocking one player off the squad they can play for Inter and 5 for PSG would have a more appropriate effect.

I'd like to give it time to see what happens before I slag it off.

If it brings down wages, ticket prices and the rest then it might end up, if not a massive overall improvement, at least a change for a bit better than we have now.