$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I don't think it was actually Lerner's jet but an hired one though I think The Trees confirmed elsewhere that Lerner or a member of his family had been onboard.

I guess it's quite leap to imagine that just because it's going to Milan that it might have something to do with Cortese. I guess Lerner could be zooming all over the world for all kinds of reasons. But nice to imagine it's all part of some good news for us..

I don't think it was actually Lerner's jet but an hired one though I think The Trees confirmed elsewhere that Lerner or a member of his family had been onboard.

I guess it's quite leap to imagine that just because it's going to Milan that it might have something to do with Cortese. I guess Lerner could be zooming all over the world for all kinds of reasons. But nice to imagine it's all part of some good news for us..

It wasn't the normal one. But this reg has been used by Lerner aircraft in the past. Although this is the first time this particular aircraft has visited BHX 

• Like 1

But then why is Lerner the one flying over?

Nobody said he was flying over, just that his plane was. His plane brought Solskjaer to the UK and back back in the day.

OK, why would Lerner send his plane to talk to a CEO for new owners?

Nobody said he was flying over, just that his plane was. His plane brought Solskjaer to the UK and back back in the day.

Perhaps it's a condition of sale. No top class CEO, no sale

Unlikely, but you never know

• Like 2

Perhaps it's a condition of sale. No top class CEO, no sale

Unlikely, but you never know

If new owners wanted a top CEO wouldn't it be better for them to approach them? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Where's Abdul got to lately? heard nothing regarding Khalid Al Baltan on here for a while... 

all the info saying it was close and not seen anything else since

Probably because it was BS

• Like 2

You never know there might still be something in the Baltan stuff. I'm sure Abdul isn't in a position where he can give a running commentary on what's going on or maybe he doesn't want to keep repeat himself.

What happend to it being Red Bull?

Edited by useless

What happend to it being Red Bull?

There was an enquiry, beyond that I don't know and never suggested otherwise ;)

• Like 1

It is, what, 72 hours since Lerner issued a statement saying that a takeover was nowhere near and there's basically no interest in the club at the current time, yet here we all are pretending that Lerner's jet is about to do a lap of Europe picking up Cortese and Mancini as it goes. And they say adults don't believe in fairy stories. 

Maybe Berlusconi is looking for a new team..

he's got great taste in hookers.he'll do for me  :D

Maybe Berlusconi is looking for a new team..

he's got great taste in hookers.he'll do for me  :D

Shit so now we start playing rugby - well we seem to be passing the ball back all the time so why not! :D

im suprised there is no interest in us, so much potential at this club its unbelievable

If I take my Villa glasses off,  we are not that great a proposition IMO.

We have no ambition and are one of the worst teams to actually watch in prem history at the moment.

We will need a root / branch rebuild of the team as we have a great reserve team which replaced the 1st.  We have maybe 2 or 3 players of any quality.

We will be relegated real soon which is the problem,  if deflation of asset value is around the next corner,  why not wait.  Nothing that has been said or done in the last few years make me think this will change.

Lerner is not a football man and does not understand the game at all.

im suprised there is no interest in us, so much potential at this club its unbelievable

If I take my Villa glasses off,  we are not that great a proposition IMO.

We have no ambition and are one of the worst teams to actually watch in prem history at the moment.

We will need a root / branch rebuild of the team as we have a great reserve team which replaced the 1st.  We have maybe 2 or 3 players of any quality.

We will be relegated real soon which is the problem,  if deflation of asset value is around the next corner,  why not wait.  Nothing that has been said or done in the last few years make me think this will change.

Lerner is not a football man and does not understand the game at all.

Where do you get the great reserve team from ?

Our reserves are hyped - but then fail to produce at first team level -

I think we do have a lot of potential here, just not for the amount of money that Randy is after. If he dropped his asking price, I think we'd see a few buyers emerge.