$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

We have the potential to sink.

Not that I think we will, because we've been here before and came back stronger. But unless Randy Lerner lowers his financial valuation of this club things could get perilously near to it.

Being completely bias, but also balanced, i think the only 2 teams in this country bigger than us, and thats Arse and Ure.

Draw a 100 mile radius of VP and you have potentially 4m supporters, there are no real rivals within this 100 mile radius.The potential for Villa is enormous.Whatever Citeeeh do, we are a bigger club, Chelsk and Spuds have the London effect, but are in direct opposition, Lplop rely on foreign supporters, and those who should be supporting us.Every time you meet a sad case in Worcester/Leamington/Cannock etc, HE/SHE should be a Villa fan, it has been because of the lack of ambition of our club that they are not.

UTV

• Like 1

Being completely bias, but also balanced, i think the only 2 teams in this country bigger than us, and thats Arse and Ure.

Draw a 100 mile radius of VP and you have potentially 4m supporters, there are no real rivals within this 100 mile radius.The potential for Villa is enormous.Whatever Citeeeh do, we are a bigger club, Chelsk and Spuds have the London effect, but are in direct opposition, Lplop rely on foreign supporters, and those who should be supporting us.Every time you meet a sad case in Worcester/Leamington/Cannock etc, HE/SHE should be a Villa fan, it has been because of the lack of ambition of our club that they are not.

UTV

Think youre understmating the london factor - QPR, Fulham, West Ham have more clout than us - the money people like london, so they want to own a london club

if we want to compete, we can't rely on new attendees at the ground when even the likes of Spurs have TV advertising on the kids channels trying to get kids all over the UK to sign up to their Tottenham Turfies gaming app and website. Or when Liverpool have their own TV channel and even Newcastle can sell their shirts and water bottles in Exeter. All of which doesn't even mention rights and franchises that tie in with China or USA or India or wherever.

It's tricky, but if we want to be a big player and sign big players, having somebody doing the right thing and encouraging local family attendance just isn't going to cut it. I'm not saying that's right, it's one path. One thing is guaranteed, if we are taken over by somebody that wants us to be top table, expect ticket prices to potentially take away the opportunity for grandad to take along the grandkids too often.

I think I'm saying, be careful what you wish for.

I'm sorry to say no I wouldnt to be honest and I know that means im heading for disappointment but thats the lot of a villa fan.  I basically want to see us competing to win things and of course if we are not i wont be happy

I have to say that's pretty bizarre, especially given that you often complain (rightly) about Lerner's running of the club.

Given what's gone on in the last few years I don't think how anyone can not be happy (at least in the medium term) with stability and sensible investment. We're not going to be taken over by some oil baron willing to spend hundreds of millions so I don't know why people set themselves up for the disappointment.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

I'm sorry to say no I wouldnt to be honest and I know that means im heading for disappointment but thats the lot of a villa fan.  I basically want to see us competing to win things and of course if we are not i wont be happy

I have to say that's pretty bizarre, especially given that you often complain (rightly) about Lerner's running of the club.

Given what's gone on in the last few years I don't think how anyone can not be happy (at least in the medium term) with stability and sensible investment. We're not going to be taken over by some oil baron willing to spend hundreds of millions so I don't know why people set themselves up for the disappointment.

I understand that Manits but if you are asking me what I want from new ownership and a takeover,  which i guess is what this thread is about,  then what I would be happy with is mega bucks investment and an owner to whom spending money on our club would not be an issue thats what i want from a 200M investment and takeover.  I wouldnt be "happy" per se with us just trundling along anymore as thats what we have been doing and to be honest that will lead to one inevitable conclusion for us.  I would have to accept it  but I wouldnt be happy with it no and that was your question would I be happy with it.

Edited by Richard
  • Like 1

I think we do have a lot of potential here, just not for the amount of money that Randy is after. If he dropped his asking price, I think we'd see a few buyers emerge.

if RL drops the price you will attract buyers who think they can run a seasoned Premier League club,

in football terms theirs a few "rich" new owner around the corner... AVFC NEED  billionaire to make a impact..untill that day (fingers crossed), were stuck with randy & hes stuck with us

im suprised there is no interest in us, so much potential at this club its unbelievable

I'm not we don't generate massive merchandising revenue like some and we get the same TV money as clubs that are perceived far smaller. The price of clubs is so high now and the risks are getting bigger.

As I've said I'm starting to think we won't get sold unless we're lucky enough to find someone mega rich to buy us. And when I say mega rich I mean someone who thinks 200 million is a drop in the ocean.

Hopefully Baltan and the gang have plenty and get something sorted out if they're still interested.

Edited by useless

As I've said I'm starting to think we won't get sold unless we're lucky enough to find someone mega rich to buy us. And when I say mega rich I mean someone who thinks 200 million is a drop in the ocean.

Hopefully Baltan and the gang have plenty and get something sorted out if they're still interested.

Yep and even then for them to splash the cash they will have to not see it as an investment because of FFP

• Like 1

if we want to compete, we can't rely on new attendees at the ground when even the likes of Spurs have TV advertising on the kids channels trying to get kids all over the UK to sign up to their Tottenham Turfies gaming app and website. Or when Liverpool have their own TV channel and even Newcastle can sell their shirts and water bottles in Exeter. All of which doesn't even mention rights and franchises that tie in with China or USA or India or wherever.

It's tricky, but if we want to be a big player and sign big players, having somebody doing the right thing and encouraging local family attendance just isn't going to cut it. I'm not saying that's right, it's one path. One thing is guaranteed, if we are taken over by somebody that wants us to be top table, expect ticket prices to potentially take away the opportunity for grandad to take along the grandkids too often.

I think I'm saying, be careful what you wish for.

Man city have some of the cheapest tickets in the league

I'd say we would be a prime candidate for any oligarch who was looking into buying a play-thing. The suggestion that he's already dropped his asking price worries me though, as it appears that there has been little interest. Sign of the times.

Edited by adz.villa

What a shame Ellis tore up the Trinity Road facade, it would surely be a selling point today. Incredible stupidity that he did that. It should've been classified as a world heritage site, FFS.

• Like 4

I'd be happy if I got five numbers on the lottery, but I'd be happier if I got six.

• Like 1

Thinking about these theories regarding us already being bought but no announcement until September; there could be some truth in this.

I recall Villa being held to ransom on transfers because other clubs knew of Lerner's intent to spend big, hence paying £8m for the likes of Reo-Coker. Perhaps Lerner has passed this information on to a new owner and the new guy has decided to throw in a couple of cheap signings in order to fill the squad whilst making us look like paupers at the same time. Then, Lerner suddenly pops up over here with the intent of getting more involved due to Faulkner's departure, and then we start doing some more serious deals for decent money without being asked to pay over the odds.

It's a very big "what if" but you never know.

• Like 1