$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

So many ITKs and so little information. Doesn't add up. The little info we have to go on is pointing to american owners so how we got to Red Bull idk.

If there is an announcement tomorrow its going to be about the new owners. What is happening to Lambert and Faulkner is important but secondary in this situation IMO.

• Like 2

Some guy on that other forum posted that Murat Yakin will be our next manager and everyone just believes it. Easy stuff this ITK business.

• Like 2

One thing is fact. There is definately a embargo on the media from Villa. They aren't even speculating at the moment. I personally think we are sold, just the details to be confirmed and signed I would say. Its rare for the media not to even speculate from all the rumors going on. Even the amateur journalists have had a little peep on here for a story in the past.

Why would the media agree to this?

Apparently if you break an embargo - you don't get news from that club again........so I read somewhere !

I could imagine a local paper agreeing to it under those terms but surely not the entire media.

• Like 1

Maybe if Red Bull were to buy and not change the name but invest heavly how would that go down with the other teams in their roster who have had to make sacrifices and probably for less investment.

Some guy on that other forum posted that Murat Yakin will be our next manager and everyone just believes it. Easy stuff this ITK business.

He would need to get his bleedin hair cut if he going to manage us - looks like a girl !

It's the case of people believing what they want to hear. Go on there and post something that goes against the grain, watch how much shit you get.

It's the Harris lot.

Keith? Calvin?

Rolf?

No, Eduardo.

(I made this up because I like the sound of the name Eduardo Harris and because I can't remember the real one. It's mentioned a few pages back. The Philadelphia 76ers' owners.)

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

One thing is fact. There is definately a embargo on the media from Villa. They aren't even speculating at the moment. I personally think we are sold, just the details to be confirmed and signed I would say. Its rare for the media not to even speculate from all the rumors going on. Even the amateur journalists have had a little peep on here for a story in the past.

Why would the media agree to this?

Apparently if you break an embargo - you don't get news from that club again........so I read somewhere !

I could imagine a local paper agreeing to it under those terms but surely not the entire media.

Yeah probably right- I don't claim to be an expert - but I read thats how it works somewhere {twitter !!!!}  

I expected a story of some khazakstan warlord trying to buy us to break this weekend 

Maybe if Red Bull were to buy and not change the name but invest heavly how would that go down with the other teams in their roster who have had to make sacrifices and probably for less investment.

Wouldn't matter because they own them.  It's also the reality of the situation too - they could throw as much money as they like at those three teams I mentioned, but no current world star is going to play in those leagues.

Sports marketing tends to work on two levels, local and global.  When Nike started getting heavily into football they identified key hotbeds in each country where they needed a team (Hertha Berlin, Inter, Arsenal, USA national team as a whole) and then global assets to leverage the brand like Brazil, Juventus and Manchester United.

Could be a similar approach with Red Bull.  They have local assets already, but nobody who is going to "move the needle".

• Like 2

Ellison is more likely to buy us than Red Bull. And change his first name to Doug.

I do like the jumping on rich folk when the name is put somewhere. I heard it was Dan Bilzerian.

dan_bilzerian_28.jpg