$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

By the way, if by some miracle it was Red Bull and not bullshit (which it is) then that would just kill my love for the club some more. There are some things more important than money and success, do you realise how hypocritical it is when everyone slates Man City on here for being money whores?

Do you want a kit in Red Bull colours? Do you want a Red Bull Arena as a stadium? Maybe even Red Bull Villa?

**** that. The game has truly gone if people are OK with this.

Not everyone.

Stadium thing wouldn't bother me, if they wanted to call it red bull whatever let them off, for me and everyone else it will be called villa park, the jersey for me they can cover it in as many logos as they like but don't change colour or crest , think the re-naming of club is pointless debate as fa won't let them,

Just want this over now so we can start debating transfer targets instead

Folks if we want to compete with the top 6-8 clubs unfortunately we have to sell the naming rights to Villa Park which ive no issue with.

Secondly our kit colours arent that far from Red Bull colours and i think they could be creative here and keep both fans and the company happy.

Thirdly they wont be allowed to change the name without fans consent, which was also tested by the Hull Tigers debacle.

As i mentioned before, not that it means much, but im staking my reputation on here that its Red Bull.

There could be a lot lot worse buyers, especially with a exciting new manager in charge.

We would wouldn't actually get that much for the naming rights - sure its big headline figure - like say £80m - but these

deals are usually over 10 years ......so £8m a year.........not going to catapault us into CL is it ?

8-10 million a year. That a quality player every season. Would have paid Barrys and Lukakas loan deals this season.

Yes it wont catapult us into CL but it will make us compete with top 6-8 teams which i

stated.

This. I wouldn't want the ground re branded but an extra 8 million pounds a season is a lot of money to a team like us and would help an awful lot in making us more competitive.

It would help - but its not game changing IMO

It wouldn't have us challenging for the top 4 but would definitely put us in contention for the Europa League places.

so everyone agrees that there want Ellison here?

It's hard to know who to want because:

1) We don't know who is interested 2) We don't know the plans for the club of those that are interested.

You can't just look at who is the richest and say that you want him. If it was purely done on wealth then QPR should be challenging the top four and Deportivo would be doing what Atletico have done this season.

Ellison clearly wants an NBA team. There's no shred of evidence, either past or current, that he wants to buy a PL club.

By the way, if by some miracle it was Red Bull and not bullshit (which it is) then that would just kill my love for the club some more. There are some things more important than money and success, do you realise how hypocritical it is when everyone slates Man City on here for being money whores?

Do you want a kit in Red Bull colours? Do you want a Red Bull Arena as a stadium? Maybe even Red Bull Villa?

**** that. The game has truly gone if people are OK with this.

Not everyone.

I'd be delighted if red bull took over(I doubt they will)

I don't slate man city at all, I actually think what they are doing is fantastic. Not only do they spend on the first team but they are investing massively in their academy and the local community which is something I would love villa to do.

It's the Harris lot.

Keith? Calvin?

Rolf?

Chopper, Jet, Bomber, Anita, Isle of, Orville? Who knows but probably just as plausible as some serious suggestions. 

so everyone agrees that there want Ellison here?

It's hard to know who to want because:

1) We don't know who is interested 2) We don't know the plans for the club of those that are interested.

You can't just look at who is the richest and say that you want him. If it was purely done on wealth then QPR should be challenging the top four and Deportivo would be doing what Atletico have done this season.

Ellison clearly wants an NBA team. There's no shred of evidence, either past or current, that he wants to buy a PL club.

Exactly

I read somewhere and then a contact I have cinfirmed it...that a Kazakhstan war lord has placed a huge bid on us and the don't want lambert, so lambert scupper end the deal. That will be the announcement tomorrow, 100 percent sure, unless something changes.

• Like 2

I read somewhere and then a contact I have cinfirmed it...that a Kazakhstan war lord has placed a huge bid on us and the don't want lambert, so lambert scupper end the deal. That will be the announcement tomorrow, 100 percent sure, unless something changes.

That wrong information.

• Like 2

Touche ! 

That wrong information.

LOL quality !

That wrong information.

Its more plausible than Ellison. Or you know something we don't?

That wrong information.

Looks like sarcasm is definitely not one of his strong points (nor is the ITK stuff I suspect!) :D

I have just seen the Guardian run down on Transfer rumours for all the prem clubs. Proper journo Stuart James had this to say about Villa:

"Aston Villa

Plan for the summer: Other than needing a new owner, new manager and at least half a dozen new players, everything's in place at Villa. In short, it's impossible to talk about transfers, both in and out, when the only deal that really matters to Randy Lerner, the Villa owner, is whether he can sell the club.

Transfer kitty: £0-£100m, depending on whether a takeover happens and who becomes the new owner.

Most mouth-watering rumour so far: That Larry Ellison, Oracle Corporation, co-founder and CEO, worth $41bn, is going to buy the club. SJ"

So there you go, the Ellison rumour rears it's head again. I still think it's mostly baseless speculation though.

That wrong information.

Its more plausible than Ellison. Or you know something we don't?

Could be legs in this one, just done some research and there's a well known war lord and arms dealer in the Kazakh region known only as Dr E. Vil, apparently he has made randy a take it or leave it offer of...........$1million

• Like 2