$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I dont know what its like in Birmingham. I read that most of the locals in Manchester are City supporters.. so the takeover their made alot of sense. Big stadium.. big fan base.. a great local derby etc.

The locals in Birmingham.. are they mainly Villa fans? are there alot of neutrals/bandwagon support to gain if we suddenly become a big player? Especially overseas.. id love to see if id suddenly see Villa jerseys in Sydney. (Dont get it often) Suddenly alot of City ones though!

I dont know what its like in Birmingham. I read that most of the locals in Manchester are City supporters.. so the takeover their made alot of sense. Big stadium.. big fan base.. a great local derby etc.

The locals in Birmingham.. are they mainly Villa fans? are there alot of neutrals/bandwagon support to gain if we suddenly become a big player? Especially overseas.. id love to see if id suddenly see Villa jerseys in Sydney. (Dont get it often) Suddenly alot of City ones though!

Inner city Birmingham is more Blues but everything around is mainly Villa

The manchester thing regarding most of manchester being city is bullshit. I'm not from brum but from what I gather we are easily the number one supported club in the city, then you have the whole of the midlands, especially the north,west and south which there is a lot of villa. The potential for us is unreal in terms of support. Just relying on regional support that would be more than enough. Wether we can branch out further is too be seen. We have decent nationwide and international support. Not as big as some but bigger than most.

The majority of the City are Villa - but it's not a City that particularly cares about football. The majority of people in Birmingham might support one of the midland clubs, but the majority of them wouldn't consider attending on match day.

The majority of the City are Villa - but it's not a City that particularly cares about football. The majority of people in Birmingham might support one of the midland clubs, but the majority of them wouldn't consider attending on match day.

very true. Very fairweather support if truth be told. Unlike say liverpool,newcastle,manchester. This is a thing the west midlands suffers from and has done for most of the time.

We were getting regular 40k attendances when we were in the top 6 under MON. As mentioned worst ever home form and we're still getting 36k average this year more or less.

I can never see us being huge globally unless we're in the champions league every season but in terms of filling the ground I don't see a problem.

It's not like Man. City or Arsenal even sell out every week.

It aint gonna happen. Stop torturing yourselves

No one's torturing themselves. We're just discussing a rumoured, potential takeover. Maybe you feel tortured when you talk about something that doesn't happen, but I imagine the majority of posters in here are taking it with a pinch of salt, discussing 'what could be', but are also aware that it might be BS.

And what exactly is the Liverpool model?

Buy the title, a whacking dollop of refereeing decisions . But then tell everyone how you won it with players that came through the youth team and shrewd cut price acquisitions 

and play wonderful attacking football

Club put out a statement from RL:

Following the point yesterday at Villa Park, there have been stories about my selling the Club. On a personal level, I had hoped the emphasis would have been on the amazing effort on the part of our manager and our players to regroup throughout a very difficult week. Injuries to Libor and Christian, compounded with the early loss of Jores and the difficult rehab of Charles have no doubt left Paul with far less to work with than is fair. Still, Paul Lambert has done nothing but work within the parameters I've set, put the Club first and continue to trust his players. As regards my personal role at the Club and the steady rumours of a sale, I will address these after the season. Paul Lambert, Paul Faulkner and I speak daily and remain committed to the immediate job of limiting distraction and confusion in order that Villa have the best chance possible of finishing on a strong note.
  • Like 3

Unless they're just taking advantage of the rumours to try help create a feel good factor amongst fans until we're safe.

I doubt it's that though, sounding like there really good be something abroad.