$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

WTF - I read that about 6 times looking for the denial ? - That actually makes matters worse (in terms of speculation and selling) - its such a bad statement - I wouldn't be surprised if he has to issue another. Either deny it or say nothing.

Smetrov, that is probably the clearest communique that Randy could have issued. He's selling up if we survive. He's taking the blame for recent events. He's disappointed that takeover news has overtaken his sole focus …. remaining in the Premiership so that he can get the hell out of here.

Put like that - Yes. But was the idea of statement to quell the speculation ? - the statement only intensifies it - and given that on 4.30 Sunday April 20 - it had died down  a bit - it just seems bizzarre

Clearest indication yet the club will confirm the sale once our premier league status is confirmed.

I hope so, and I hope it's done quickly, there's a lot of rebuilding to be done.

"Following the point yesterday at Villa Park, there have been stories about my selling the Club. On a personal level, I had hoped the emphasis would have been on the amazing effort on the part of our manager and our players to regroup throughout a very difficult week. Injuries to Libor and Christian, compounded with the early loss of Jores and the difficult rehab of Charles have no doubt left Paul with far less to work with than is fair. Still, Paul Lambert has done nothing but work within the parameters I've set, put the Club first and continue to trust his players. As regards my personal role at the Club and the steady rumours of a sale, I will address these after the season. Paul Lambert, Paul Faulkner and I speak daily and remain committed to the immediate job of limiting distraction and confusion in order that Villa have the best chance possible of finishing on a strong note."

- Randy Lerner, Aston Villa Chairman

Yep I agree that he is basically saying look guys, get behind Lambert and the team, lets stay in the Premier League and then I'll tell you about these new guys who have lots of moneys!

• Like 2

"Following the point yesterday at Villa Park, there have been stories about my selling the Club. On a personal level, I had hoped the emphasis would have been on the amazing effort on the part of our manager and our players to regroup throughout a very difficult week. Injuries to Libor and Christian, compounded with the early loss of Jores and the difficult rehab of Charles have no doubt left Paul with far less to work with than is fair. Still, Paul Lambert has done nothing but work within the parameters I've set, put the Club first and continue to trust his players. As regards my personal role at the Club and the steady rumours of a sale, I will address these after the season. Paul Lambert, Paul Faulkner and I speak daily and remain committed to the immediate job of limiting distraction and confusion in order that Villa have the best chance possible of finishing on a strong note."

Oh, right, so he's selling!!!  :flag:  :cheers:

Edited by briny_ear

Would be bloody typical that we get relegated now. Typical Villa that would be ffs.

That would mean that both Cardiff and Norwich go on amazing form, which i doubt. We're already safe imo.

The same way Sunderland wouldn’t get anything out of the City and Chelsea games?

A agree that one of those can do a great run it, but all three to do it. Again, i strongly doubt it.

Paul Lambert, Paul Faulkner and I speak daily and remain committed to the immediate job of limiting distraction and confusion in order that Villa have the best chance possible of finishing on a strong note."

'Fraid you're already stuffed on that one, Randy old chum