$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Rumours are spot on.

This is obviously.. a sale that he wants. If we DO get relegated.. he loses his money and freedom from the club.

Its quite clear he is telling us.. the fans... get behind the team.. so we can stay up.. i can piss off and you lot can have a sugar daddy.

Win Win. Hes taken the blame for our season (parameters he set). He clearly likes Paul Lambert to stick up for him.

This is absolutely brilliant news. Credit to tBAR forum.

• Like 4

We were getting regular 40k attendances when we were in the top 6 under MON. As mentioned worst ever home form and we're still getting 36k average this year more or less.

Clearly not much difference between winning shit football and losing shit football.

Really next time we all deserve a manager that will produce winning, attractive football. We have certainly paid the deposit over the past 8 years.

WTF - I read that about 6 times looking for the denial ? - That actually makes matters worse (in terms of speculation and selling) - its such a bad statement - I wouldn't be surprised if he has to issue another. Either deny it or say nothing.

"Following the point yesterday at Villa Park, there have been stories about my selling the Club. On a personal level, I had hoped the emphasis would have been on the amazing effort on the part of our manager and our players to regroup throughout a very difficult week. Injuries to Libor and Christian, compounded with the early loss of Jores and the difficult rehab of Charles have no doubt left Paul with far less to work with than is fair. Still, Paul Lambert has done nothing but work within the parameters I've set, put the Club first and continue to trust his players. As regards my personal role at the Club and the steady rumours of a sale, I will address these after the season. Paul Lambert, Paul Faulkner and I speak daily and remain committed to the immediate job of limiting distraction and confusion in order that Villa have the best chance possible of finishing on a strong note."

- Randy Lerner, Aston Villa Chairman

• Like 1