$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Is no one else worried more than excited?

Yes - but if he stays whats going to happen ? - There is a danger in doing nothing.

We could get someone that puts the club's existence at stake. As bad as Lerner has been recently, he's respected the clubs tradition.

I'm anxious as to who would be taking the reigns, but as Smetrov says there's a great danger in doing nothing.

I'm also not in the business of slagging Randy off completely. Yes has has been extremely naive and very frustrating, but we had three good years under him.

Edited by adz.villa
  • Like 2

Looks like it may happen  :D

Lerner wouldn't just sell to anyone, he'd sell to someone who would invest in us. Despite the criticism he has had, I think he's only had the club's best interest at heart. It was just a job too big for him.

Kind of agree - but money talks.....

If we did get taken over by rich owners, would people prefer if we did a City and splash the cash and got instant success? Or if we invested sensibly and got gradual success over a number of years?

I don't think the second option is actually possible in this league.

• Like 1

If we did get taken over by rich owners, would people prefer if we did a City and splash the cash and got instant success? Or if we invested sensibly and got gradual success over a number of years?

Give me filthy, immoral instant success. I'm sick of not winning.

• Like 4

A mixture of both somewhat. I wouldn't want us to go out and buy an entire new squad with a new manager, that would be a recipe for disaster. I'd like us to continue focusing on youth, signing quality talent but also top prospects like we began doing with Okore and Benteke.

• Like 2

As long as we aint crying ourselves to safety, i couldn't care less.

I just want to win a game!

I don't mind to be honest... but I want trophies. The heart and soul was ripped out of football years ago, so i'd go to any lengths to be successful now. 

• Like 1

Splash the cash, our squad is too poor, it's required. Keep Guzan, Vlaar, Okore, Bertrand, Delph, Benteke, Gabby and Weimann, sell the rest and build from there.

Like my previous post it would be invest and build gradually with year on year progress.

Slightly odd that there's no real ideas floating around about who the new buyers are..

Not all takeovers work out well. I know Randy has stopped spending, but I am anxious we'll end up with another Venky's. (at least ours are clearly aware there is such a thing as relegation though..)