$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

If we do go down I expect a Bullseye-esque "let's take a look at what you could've won" style announcement.

Doubt it. Let's be fair here, at the moment these takeover rumours are just that - rumours.
For you they are, yes.

And for you I'm willing to bet.

I do like a bit of Fleetwood Mac.

• Like 1

Ray Davis and Bob Simpson.

Yeah they'll do.

I'm not sure they'd be much of an improvement on Lerner.  Baseball owners tend not to be too wealthy, relatively speaking, and rather hands-off and distant, too.

Liverpool's owner is a baseball club owner and he seems to know what he is doing.

• Like 1

What about Guggenheim Partners who Levi mentioned in the Randy Lerner thread. They own the La Dodgers. I think they have ties with Time Warner who we recently struck some sort of deal sponsorship deal with.

• Like 1

Ray Davis and Bob Simpson.

Yeah they'll do.

I'm not sure they'd be much of an improvement on Lerner.  Baseball owners tend not to be too wealthy, relatively speaking, and rather hands-off and distant, too.

Liverpool's owner is a baseball club owner and he seems to know what he is doing.

The way The Mirror are reporting this though, it sounds as though they think the club will be sold to a singular owner as opposed to a group or consortium like Fenway.  If this baseball owner is part of a wider, wealthier group with the ambition and ideas to get Villa back on top then count me in.

• Like 2

I think one could be Thomas Ricketts. He runs the Chicago Cubs for his father Joe and was/is part of a consortium that bought Derby County - may have decided that he wants something bigger. Moves in the same financial circles as Randy Lerner.

If you can buy a baseball for £375 million and a football team for £200 million you must have money to spare

Not necessarily.  You might be relatively loaded and be able to take on such assets as investments but that doesn't mean you will have the resources and know how to turn the teams into winning outfits on the field.  

Ah, I'm just a bit worried that our Randy will make a horlicks of it all when he sells us on - I have little confidence in him selling us on to the type of people we are crying out for.  I hope I'm wrong!

When was the last time we renewed a players contract? It must have been in the summer when a bunch of players got new deals. As someone said in another thread, a reason for us not renewing Lambert's/ Albrighton's/ Gabby's contracts during the season, could be down to a possible takeover (or simply bad form and results!)

When was the last time we renewed a players contract? It must have been in the summer when a bunch of players got new deals. As someone said in another thread, a reason for us not renewing Lambert's/ Albrighton's/ Gabby's contracts during the season, could be down to a possible takeover (or simply bad form and results!)

We waited until last season was over before offering new deals so it could just be Lambert's MO.

Vlaar is another one, he only signed up for a three year deal meaning he'll leave at the end of next season.

This is what Levi said in the Randy Lerner thread I thought it was interesting because of the suggestion that our proposed new owners might want to base their model on Liverpool.

I would say we're talking about either Texas (maybe Cuban and McNair or Jim Crane*) or maybe the LA Dodgers ownership group (the controlling partner of Guggenheim Partners, Mark Walter, other partners in Guggenheim, Hollywood producer Peter Guber, baseball and basketball executive Stan Kasten**, and Magic Johnson) or the LA Lakers ownership group, judging by the channels that those teams jointly control with Time Warner Cable (soon to merge with Comcast who own NBC who show the PL in the US...) showing AVTV content for the past several months. The Dodgers ownership group is almost a carbon copy of the Red Sox group that's currently having success with Liverpool (save for being richer than the Red Sox).

• Like 1