$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I've not read the statement but I would seriously question any new buyers motives.

Imagine if you will a lovely claret and blue Rover car. HDE bought said car, only serviced it when he absolutely needed too just to prevent it from grinding to a halt altogether.

Randy comes along and buys said car. Spends a shit tonne of cash on it, full service and valet, new engine, etc etc and spends 3 years driving it like he stole it. He then works out he can't keep it on the road by throwing money he hasn't got at top parts and performance upgrades....so he literally just puts in fuel and nothing else.

I ask you ladies and gents....would you buy that car?

I've not read the statement but I would seriously question any new buyers motives.

Imagine if you will a lovely claret and blue Rover car. HDE bought said car, only serviced it when he absolutely needed too just to prevent it from grinding to a halt altogether.

Randy comes along and buys said car. Spends a shit tonne of cash on it, full service and valet, new engine, etc etc and spends 3 years driving it like he stole it. He then works out he can't keep it on the road by throwing money he hasn't got at top parts and performance upgrades....so he literally just puts in fuel and nothing else.

You make it sound like lerners made no mistakes and nothing is his fault.

I would say successful wealthy men could probably see how its gone wrong and feel pretty confident they could do better.

I actually read it as ruling out as well. Or at least "we don't have a buyer, but I'll tell you my position at the end of the season" which could indicate he may say the club is for sale, or that he's staying put.

However I get the feeling Lambert's days are numbered from reading that.

Maybe Randy is going for a new strategic vision? 

I wish people would stop hating on Randy. It was a gamble which didn't pay off. Everybody agreed with MON at the time and I can't remember anyone on here requesting Randy stops giving MON money !! It nearly came off with three consecutive seasons of toying with a Champions League place. He's had no choice to cut-back or make the club bankrupt/unsustainable. 

Yes the Mcleish appointment was very niave but he was advised by Sir Alex Ferguson, the same man who left Man United with David Moyes no less!

Same with Lambert really, he's done ok. If injuries hadn't done us over we'd be in the top half. 

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 2

I'm anxious as to who would be taking the reigns, but as Smetrov says there's a great danger in doing nothing.

I'm also not in the business of slagging Randy off completely. Yes has has been extremely naive and very frustrating, but we had three good years under him.

This is the same view I take.

Personally I don't know him of course but his apparent naivety has been the worst element of his ownership. His intentions have always been good but his football decisions have let him down, certainly since he decided MON was no longer the man he trusted to make these for him. Paul Faulkner for me just hasn't cut it in this department and that's seemingly gone unnoticed by Randy as he concentrated more on the value of his investment.

As an owner he was at times the envy of the league and I certainly won't forget the impact he made when taking over our club such as his investment in the training ground, the playing squad for a time and willingness to reinvigorate our history.

All I ask now is should he sell - which it appears he will on our survival - that he leaves it to another custodian that equally puts the club first but does so with a sound footballing philosophy that restores the pride to our flailing reputation.

UTV

Edited by Tubby

I actually read it as ruling out as well. Or at least "we don't have a buyer, but I'll tell you my position at the end of the season" which could indicate he may say the club is for sale, or that he's staying put.

However I get the feeling Lambert's days are numbered from reading that.

Maybe Randy is going for a new strategic vision?

I wish people would stop hating on Randy. It was a gamble which didn't pay off. Everybody agreed with MON at the time and I can't remember anyone on here requesting Randy stops giving MON money !! It nearly came off with three consecutive seasons of toying with a Champions League place. He's had no choice to cut-back or make the club bankrupt/unsustainable.

Yes the Mcleish appointment was very niave but he was advised by Sir Alex Ferguson, the same man who left Man United with David Moyes no less!

Same with Lambert really, he's done ok. If injuries hadn't done us over we'd be in the top half.

Mind blowing.

• Like 2

No I wouldn't. It's a Rover FFS 

• Like 2

You make it sound like lerners made no mistakes and nothing is his fault.

I would say successful wealthy men could probably see how its gone wrong and feel pretty confident they could do better.

Which part of "driven it like he stole it" did you misinterpret as " 1careful owner?!"

Lerner is 100% at fault for our current situation. Don't matter who is driving (Lambert) If its a shit car....its a shit car.

I'm anxious as to who would be taking the reigns, but as Smetrov says there's a great danger in doing nothing.

I'm also not in the business of slagging Randy off completely. Yes has has been extremely naive and very frustrating, but we had three good years under him.

This is the same view I take.

Personally I don't know him of course but his apparent naivety has been the worst element of his ownership. His intentions have always been good but his football decisions have let him down, certainly since he decided MON was no longer the man he trusted to make these for him. Paul Faulkner for me just hasn't cut it in this department and that's seemingly gone unnoticed by Randy as he concentrated more on the value of his investment.

As an owner he was at times the envy of the league and I certainly won't forget the impact he made when taking over our club such as his investment in the training ground, the playing squad for a time and willingness to reinvigorate our history.

All I ask now is should he sell - which it appears he will on our survival - that he leaves it to another custodian that equally puts the club first but does so with a sound footballing philosophy that restores the pride to our flailing reputation.

UTV

If another american owner - I hope he appoints a knowledgeable CEO - One which can spot and pluck a suitable manager for us. - The chalk and cheese approach of MON>Houllier>Mcleish  left us in a right mess. 

• Like 1

I think the Ellison rumour is false... so who can it be? I've heard a number of names in the last 29 pages. Can anyone summarise who they are and how rich they are?

I think the Ellison rumour is false... so who can it be? I've heard a number of names in the last 29 pages. Can anyone summarise who they are and how rich they are?

Here is a list of MLB owners and their net worth. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_principal_owners

Edit: Sorry, thats the price they were purchased for.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

Guggenheim Partners - 200 billion.