$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

his wife is in charge of catering at villa and told me doug Ellis gave EVERYmember of staff a thousand pounds when he left.so if you know anyone at villa they will know who my friend is and that the doug info backs up my case

• Like 1

I disagree dukes their certainly is a need for them to say the club is forsale even if that is all they have to say

But if I'm a rich investor looking to buy a PL club, wouldn't I prefer to do it away from the public eye ? It just doesn't seem like Lerners style to me. Look how he reacted when news of his own takeover hit the press.

There aren't many billionaires who court the press and do things like make a major investment in the public eye, even if only to avoid getting gazumped.

From Randy's point of view if he states that he is looking to sell, he stands very little chance of getting the supposed £200M that he wants, I can't see there being a bidding war.

No one is saying it will be Ellison, just entertaining the idea that it might be and from what we know it may as well be him as anyone else. I think some people are scared to imagine something good happening to the club in case it doesn't happen and they get disappointed.

Edited by useless

Do people honestly still think its Ellison? May name & shame every person on twitter, VT who is that gullible, he has no interest in buying a football club! 

People are just having a discussion ffs. Does it really bother you that much that you feel the need to call people out?

• Like 1

I said when this first came out it I was 99% sure it wasn't Ellison as I know for a fact he isn't interested in 'soccer' it doesn't 100% mean it isn't him, it was years ago I asked him and I am not ITK to know who is going to buy us so you may want to get off that very high horse there avfcgoodie.

I didn't say he has to mention who just that they are selling.

I never mentioned "mentioning names" either, but the second Lerner announces he's looking to sell media interest will increase as everyone will want the scoop on who the next owner will be.

So for me it's better if he does that through a broker or other third party as was suggested by the press earlier in the year when news of a prospective takeover first broke.

188 guests - Come and join us.

I'm always here lurking, and refreshing newsnow, even resorted to googling "Aston Villa takeover" every now and then in hopes of finding some random piece of foreign information to break, lol

The guests must include Randy and the new owner. Randy come and tell us what you know.  ;)

• Like 1

Odds on a statement tonight?.....

FFS just get on with it!

Lambert already said don't expect it before or imminently after the game. Monday or Tuesday.

188 guests - Come and join us.

I'm always here lurking, and refreshing newsnow, even resorted to googling "Aston Villa takeover" every now and then in hopes of finding some random piece of foreign information to break, lol

Considering you have over 4000 posts you are not a very good lurker!

Edited by Nigel

FFS just get on with it!

Lambert already said don't expect it before or imminently after the game. Monday or Tuesday.

Still I live in hope.... Don't want to stop searching for news just in case.......

FFS just get on with it!

"get on with it"? The season finished 3 hours ago. The impatience with people these days is hilarious.

Yea got on with it, he's known for weeks if not months? So what's the wait. Should of just came out with it after the hull game.