$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Myself & my dad had a meeting about buying the club, sadly no investors...yet.

In my opinion the silence is deafening, don't think anything is close or remotely close, even thread of rumour seems to have dried up.

Silence is always deafening and the club is always silent until things are pretty much wrapped up, with regards to just about anything. 

Best really to just forget about Villa until the pre-season starts and we've actually got something to talk about because waiting around worrying about things will just drive you mad. 

• Like 2

Best really to just forget about Villa because things will just drive you mad. 

Fixed that for you!

Supporting Villa these last few years does you way more harm than good.

It's like drinking but instead of getting drunk and having fun you just have a constant hangover. Everyday.

• Like 2

Best really to just forget about Villa because things will just drive you mad. 

Fixed that for you!

Supporting Villa these last few years does you way more harm than good.

It's like drinking but instead of getting drunk and having fun you just have a constant hangover. Everyday.

And you've married that BUTTERS woman you tried to shag but gave up cos it just wasn't happening

The USA doing well in the WC may have trumped up some interest in the states?

Do you want an owner who just developed a fleeting interest in football based on a couple of games by the US?

Would that be worse than what we have now?

The USA doing well in the WC may have trumped up some interest in the states?

Do you want an owner who just developed a fleeting interest in football based on a couple of games by the US?

I'm pretty certain Fenway Sports Group knew spunk all about English football before they became interested. I'd like an owner who is keen on English football for whatever his reasons are, hopefully one of them is that he's been seduced by the allure of just being a part of it.

It's not inconceivable that somebody could get together some financiers with enough cash and stupidity to buy the club, but it would be massively leveraged, and why on earth would they bother?  We've made big losses every year, and even if we're on an even keel now, we don't have a squad good enough to compete for even midtable.  It's not like you're buying Man U which is an established world wide brand with huge turnover and growth potential.

Good luck to Mr Hodgson, but I can't see what he's hoping to achieve.

Very true, the fundamental problem with selling the club is finding someone who wants to pay, say £200m, for the right to lose more money. Funnily enough BoA are finding that a little tough seemingly. The only buyers I can see for the club are either a rich man who wants a plaything or someone who wants a marketing vehicle. Very few clubs in the PL give any sort or sensible return on capital or profits which is want an investor will look for.

I retireate again that having done business with Howard and also knowing him on a personal level, he is a top bloke and is genuine in his love for Villa.  He would not be doing this just for show.  Then again he won't be buying Villa, probably not even a small bit of Villa.  I imagine it would be more of an advisor/director role.  Personally I would be happy to have someone with his love for Villa and contacts, involved at Villa.

I can see why people think what they do about him based on what they read on twitter.  Then again these people do not know him. It is up to you to make up your minds up about him based on what you see on the internet.  Pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me.

And that's the point. I don't think anyone doubts his love of the club but seemingly anything he ever posts about the club however interesting or possibly true always ends up being about him. The best example being his extended whinge about being apparently chucked out of the directors box.

You don't have to have any money to express an interest in buying the club so you can always have initial meetings. HH will have a little visibility with the City merely through his father, as he does not currently run a business that any sort of national presence, so that will get him to the table. Having said that I find it very surprising that he is blabbing about meetings on social media which I would have thought would have totally undermined his credibility with BoA. OK he won't have signed any sort of NDA at the moment but it all goes to being seen as a serious bidder.

Good luck to him if he does get some sort of consortium together, I would be very surprised if he manages that. I would really worry if he ended up holding any sort of managerial position with the club if they succeeded in buying it. One of the biggest criticism of the Lerner era is the lack of involvement of football people which is very far removed from being an enthusiastic fan which covers pretty much everyone on VT.

• Like 1

I retireate again that having done business with Howard and also knowing him on a personal level, he is a top bloke and is genuine in his love for Villa. He would not be doing this just for show. Then again he won't be buying Villa, probably not even a small bit of Villa. I imagine it would be more of an advisor/director role. Personally I would be happy to have someone with his love for Villa and contacts, involved at Villa.

I can see why people think what they do about him based on what they read on twitter. Then again these people do not know him. It is up to you to make up your minds up about him based on what you see on the internet. Pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me.

And that's the point. I don't think anyone doubts his love of the club but seemingly anything he ever posts about the club however interesting or possibly true always ends up being about him. The best example being his extended whinge about being apparently chucked out of the directors box.

You don't have to have any money to express an interest in buying the club so you can always have initial meetings. HH will have a little visibility with the City merely through his father, as he does not currently run a business that any sort of national presence, so that will get him to the table. Having said that I find it very surprising that he is blabbing about meetings on social media which I would have thought would have totally undermined his credibility with BoA. OK he won't have signed any sort of NDA at the moment but it all goes to being seen as a serious bidder.

Good luck to him if he does get some sort of consortium together, I would be very surprised if he manages that. I would really worry if he ended up holding any sort of managerial position with the club if they succeeded in buying it. One of the biggest criticism of the Lerner era is the lack of involvement of football people which is very far removed from being an enthusiastic fan which covers pretty much everyone on VT.

Can't really argue you with on most of your points there.

On the issue of finding someone to spend £200m on us. I would be shocked if RL even got £150m for us. That document that Howard tweeted shows that our EBIDTA for the last year was £17m.

HH is a flash dan but plenty of people with money are. It doesn't improve my opinion of him but it doesn't offend me either.

If he is able to get this off the ground I'll be very surprised.

However first and foremost he really does give a F... and he wants to see us improve as a FOOTBALL team.

Right now that is more than enough for me.

• Like 1

So USA now out of the WC, those American bidders can now come out the woodwork and bring Klinnsman along as well. (Well we can hope something like that happens).

Jeez, Give us a minute to mourn!  We'll bring our unearned wealth along, soon enough.  (I'm not in the know about anything except my breakfast this morning... egg casserole, oatmeal, coffee, if your curious)

• Like 1