$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

It's not inconceivable that somebody could get together some financiers with enough cash and stupidity to buy the club, but it would be massively leveraged, and why on earth would they bother?  We've made big losses every year, and even if we're on an even keel now, we don't have a squad good enough to compete for even midtable.  It's not like you're buying Man U which is an established world wide brand with huge turnover and growth potential.

Good luck to Mr Hodgson, but I can't see what he's hoping to achieve.

It's not inconceivable that somebody could get together some financiers with enough cash and stupidity to buy the club, but it would be massively leveraged, and why on earth would they bother?  We've made big losses every year, and even if we're on an even keel now, we don't have a squad good enough to compete for even midtable.  It's not like you're buying Man U which is an established world wide brand with huge turnover and growth potential.

Good luck to Mr Hodgson, but I can't see what he's hoping to achieve.

Its what I would call a stalking horse takeover  - the chances of it ever owning the club are close to zero  - but should a big backer suddenley want in, then this would be of use IMO

The image is from Howard Hodgson. This tweet of his explains:

@HodgsonHoward: Having meeting today 2 discuss #avfc with corporate finance house + other investors. Just prelim at this stage but something has 2 be done

Quite surprised he has put that out on the open for all to see.

FYI the people he is meeting with would be quite good to run the club well. Not sure on how much money they would have though.

Are you able to tell us more mate?

If there really isn't any interest currently then something like this could be the short term answer. It's got to be better than being stuck with Lerner.

Of course it will all depend on who is involved and any purchase price. By the sounds of it, its unlikely they'll be able to push us on that far but would give more time to find the another buyer.

I could be wrong but I guess this is the intention, which has its bad points as this will mean there wouldn't be that much money for transfers as they will be looking to sell on at a profit.

It could all well be an ego thing and nothing will come from it at all.

Which is worse left with Lerner with no interest, or with whatever people's opinions of him and whatever limitations there would be, someone who has the best intentions for the club?

According to somebody on TBAR Hodgson was asked if he wanted to be a part of the consortium about a month ago. If true I wonder what that tells us about the consortium in the first place. Apparently they've been getting proof on funds. I had wondered whether we would somehow end up with some sort of stop gap owners.

But in his radio 4 interview Keith Harris warned of tyre kickers.

According to somebody on TBAR Hodgson was asked if he wanted to be a part of the consortium about a month ago. If true I wonder what that tells us about the consortium in the first place. Apparently they've been getting proof on funds. I had wondered whether we would somehow end up with some sort of stop gap owners.

But in his radio 4 interview Keith Harris warned of tyre kickers.

Since HH is putting everything in the public domain anyway.  KH himself said the only serious interest was a UK consortium.  This was not the one HH is involved in.  I don't think this went anywhere.  Apparently it was a local businessmen with backers.

According to PF KH is not the main man on this sale and it is BoA pulling the strings. So there could be other suitors that KH is not aware of.  The consortium that HH is meeting has people involved that could raise the funds required to buy Villa but it would be a few different investors and probably some sort of investment fund involved.  In terms of the running of the club, apart from HH, there would be other people with very good football nous involved.  I am talking people involved in football day to day.  Whether it is on the player side, club side or investing in football in general.

• Like 1

I retireate again that having done business with Howard and also knowing him on a personal level, he is a top bloke and is genuine in his love for Villa.  He would not be doing this just for show.  Then again he won't be buying Villa, probably not even a small bit of Villa.  I imagine it would be more of an advisor/director role.  Personally I would be happy to have someone with his love for Villa and contacts, involved at Villa.

I can see why people think what they do about him based on what they read on twitter.  Then again these people do not know him. It is up to you to make up your minds up about him based on what you see on the internet.  Pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me.

Not to take this off topic... I think HH is a cool guy too. I've spoken to him a few times and he comes across really well. He might sound like he has an ego, but I don't think that is the case at all, and if he did become part of a takeover, at least he wouldn't need a tattoo and an idiot 'help at hand' on forums to prove he is a fan.

To keep this on topic... Takeover soon, I hope.

Edited by dodgyknees

Not to take this off topic... I think HH is a cool guy too. I've spoken to him a few times and he comes across really well. 

Have you heard anything from your journalist friend.

I retireate again that having done business with Howard and also knowing him on a personal level, he is a top bloke and is genuine in his love for Villa.  He would not be doing this just for show.  Then again he won't be buying Villa, probably not even a small bit of Villa.  I imagine it would be more of an advisor/director role.  Personally I would be happy to have someone with his love for Villa and contacts, involved at Villa.

I can see why people think what they do about him based on what they read on twitter.  Then again these people do not know him. It is up to you to make up your minds up about him based on what you see on the internet.  Pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me.

To be fair he is the one that puts what he puts out on the internet, so it is understandable people would be negative towards the situation.

Not to take this off topic... I think HH is a cool guy too. I've spoken to him a few times and he comes across really well. 

Have you heard anything from your journalist friend.

Seeing him next wednesday  :thumb:

To be fair he is the one that puts what he puts out on the internet, so it is understandable people would be negative towards the situation.

Yeah but he puts a picture of his boat, his children or him on holiday.  What's wrong with that?  Everyone does that no? Fair enough not everyone  has a boat but he does.  People normally post pics of their holidays, their new house, their new car, pictures of their food.  Everything!

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 1

Yeah but he puts a picture of his boat, his children or him on holiday.  What's wrong with that?  Everyone does that no? Fair enough not everyone  has a boat but he does.  People normally post pics of their holidays, their new house, their new car, pictures of their food.  Everything!

I wasn't on about photos but either way this shouldn't be turned into something about him. I'm more interested in whomever it is you believe is willing to come up with the money and whether they'd be able to sustain that in regards to transfers etc.

Omariqy, do you know what people he is meeting with? If so do they have the sort of funds that can move us forwarded. Not looking for a sugar daddy but someone/s who can make us competitive in the league.

Edited by villianusa