$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

HH nailed his colours firmly to the 'Sale imminent' camp - His story about concrete information re the sale fallen through is a conveinient get out for him.

The saving grace is a a private sale it could go through pretty quickly - But the squad as it stands isn't an established or safe premier league squad, so a good buyer would want it done earlier, so that the squad can be beefed up thus protecting his asset - otherwise potential buyers could be £200m for a club with a good chance of being relegated.

Maybe if we had a good season next season (bear with me) people would be more willing to buy and pay as a premiership club, as it stands at the moment we are a prem club by the skin of our teeth

• Like 1

It'll take nothing short of a miracle to preserve our ever-present Premier League status.

I'd say it's very likely that we'll preserve our place in Premier League.

If you believe it's really going to take a "miracle" for us to stay up then you'll be a wealthy man once you put all that money at 4/1 on us to be relegated.

Exactly! There is too much doom mongering and I'm sure people don't really believe what they write. If I was even 60% convinced we were going to get relegated then I'd be piling on down the bookies.

• Like 1

Liverpool havent spent???

I suppose we do not count Carroll (35 mill), Downing (18 mill ho ho ho) and Suarez (23 mill).

Funded mostly by the sale of Torres for 50 mill but they have still spent

I suppose we do not count Carroll (35 mill), Downing (18 mill ho ho ho) and Suarez (23 mill).

I know this racks me off no end - someone said they spent £12m less than Man City last summer - they also have a few bomb squad (big fees but not getting a game ) players.....

the 50m wasted on Downing and Carrol - would blow most clubs transfer for budget for a couple of seasons ....yet the myth continues...

HH nailed his colours firmly to the 'Sale imminent' camp - His story about concrete information re the sale fallen through is a conveinient get out for him.

The saving grace is a a private sale it could go through pretty quickly - But the squad as it stands isn't an established or safe premier league squad, so a good buyer would want it done earlier, so that the squad can be beefed up thus protecting his asset - otherwise potential buyers could be £200m for a club with a good chance of being relegated.

Maybe if we had a good season next season (bear with me) people would be more willing to buy and pay as a premiership club, as it stands at the moment we are a prem club by the skin of our teeth

I think the sale imminent view was very much opinion.  This is fact.  There is more to it then just what he has written but it is the current position with respect to a takeover. 

I know this racks me off no end - someone said they spent £12m less than Man City last summer - they also have a few bomb squad (big fees but not getting a game ) players.....

the 50m wasted on Downing and Carrol - would blow most clubs transfer for budget for a couple of seasons ....yet the myth continues...

Good thought I was going mad and the only one who could see through the Emperor's (Liverpool) clothes.

The myth around Liverplop is unreal.  LAst season was comparable to Villa 89-90 under Taylor.  Had a great run took us to top after a great win against Spurs.  Both bottled it in the end.

They won the same as us last season.

In my opinion, signings off Senderos and Cole surely prove that a potential takeover is a lot further off than we may expect it too be....

No it doesn't. The manager has to go about his business oblivious to what is happening re the sale. 

I think the sale imminent view was very much opinion.  This is fact.  There is more to it then just what he has written but it is the current position with respect to a takeover. 

The HH post relaying his conversation with 'a senior Villa official' seems to be two fans talking, akin to us on here.

The bit about why anyone would buy a football club as it's impossible to make money or crack top 4, thanks to FFP, seemed a very naive point of view - especially from a business man.

It all depends of the agenda of the owner. For those that have other businesses, a PL football club can be a huge marketing tool for those other assets. The obvious example is Man City with Etihad and Abu Dhabi in general - the profile of the airline has never been higher - but now we're seeing Gazprom take a more prominent role in at Stamford Bridge too.

It's mooted that Red Bull plow so much money into sport as it's a simple way to offset their corporation tax bill, whilst in turn generating huge publicity for the company --> greater sales --> further potential tax, meaning greater spend to offset tax bill. And repeat. It's self perpetuating.

If someone is imply looking for an income from the club then fair enough, but to think that a football club can't be profitable in the greater scheme of things, therefore there not being any buyers, is a bit simplistic IMO.

Whilst I don't think a sale is anywhere near completion at the moment, I don't think the club are an unattractive proposition. I have no idea what the value of the club 'should' be, but is it out of the norm that any potential suitor would try to drive the price down? Doesn't necessarily mean the asking price is too high though.

We need Randy to deal with Alan Partridge.

"The price is £200 million...."

"Right....."

"Aren't you going to haggle?"

"Erm.....will you take £199 million?"

"Yeah"

Simple. 

In my opinion, signings off Senderos and Cole surely prove that a potential takeover is a lot further off than we may expect it too be....

No it doesn't. The manager has to go about his business oblivious to what is happening re the sale. 

Exactly.  Also even if we are taken over by a gazillionaire what type of players are we going to actually attract?

Any player with an ounce of brains will want to wait to see what the true ambitions were.

We really wouldnt see much till next summer IMO.

The way its going id be more than happy for red bull to swoop in for a corporate makeover at Villa Red Bull Arena if it means we become relevant again and maintain that relevance.

I agree to be honest if nothing happens by the end of the world cup i think the closest we will get sold by is xmas and that is just a guess on my part.

This thread needs closing and a new one opening when there is actually something to report.

There is no $200m US Takeover and no sale on the horizon. Even the red tops have given trying to make shit up and the ITK's have gone MIA.

It's done for the time being, let's all just get excited by the game of 'freebie roulette' we are playing with the new signings!

• Like 1

I don't read anything in to our new signings. Our squad is so small and devoid of talent even if there was a takeover there would be no harm in picking up a bit of experience for free.

I don't think there will be a takeover anytime soon though. Maybe if we get relegated and Lerner sells at a massive loss it could happen then.

I was so bloody excited back in March, thinking that millions of pounds were going to get thrown at us by some tycoon American businessman. Now that feeling has been replaced by utter doom and gloom.

• Like 1