$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

The thoughts of being bought out by a multi-billionaire and us being the next Man City have rapidly been replaced by the signing of two freebies at the latter end of their careers and the possibility of a mad Irishman being our new assistant manager.

Another fantastic season beckons.

• Like 1

This thread needs closing and a new one opening when there is actually something to report.

There is no $200m US Takeover and no sale on the horizon. Even the red tops have given trying to make shit up and the ITK's have gone MIA.

It's done for the time being, let's all just get excited by the game of 'freebie roulette' we are playing with the new signings!

It's a forum to discuss things. If you want news as and when it happens I suggest visiting the various sports news websites dotted around the place. Instead of posting pointless things like how you think the thread should be closed, I suggest  you just avoid the thread altogether if you don't want to read the discussion.

How about we let the Mods decide when to close a thread, yeah?

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

Well I hate when people state opinion as fact is all. Some just don't understand the concept of a forum.

I don't post very often in this part of the forum, but when I do...

tumblr_m2n6lmMMsD1qbbs8oo1_500.gif

Anyway, looks like a takeover is a way off at the moment, but there's still plenty of time to see if we can find a buyer or maybe get this other deal that is rumoured to have fallen through back on track. At least we have the World Cup to occupy ourselves with if we do go weeks without anything happening.

• Like 3

I'm still interesed to know who this Chinese group is who Mysterman reckons are in for us he reckons they were in for West Ham but I can't find anything about that anywhere. It might be worth waiting for rather than just selling to the US Billionaire that comes along.

• Like 1

As far as I know the only concrete interest apart from K's US people is a local businessman as part of a British consortium.  Then again I imagine there is quite a bit of initial interest in Villa.  Turning that into a bid and a buyer is something else.

• Like 1

I thought Dave Cameron was going to have a word with his rich Saudi buddies to see if he could drum up some interest. Come on Dave pull your finger out!

In all seriousness though, I am a little concerned about the lack of takeover news, but equally as we saw with the Man City takeover all it takes is some super rich guy to decide he wants to buy us and it can all happen quickly. I mean the Man City takeover happened so late in the window, that it must have been a late decision taken by Sheikh Mansoor. We just need someone of similar ilk, and with similar plans to see the light and that the light is Claret and Blue.

This thread needs closing and a new one opening when there is actually something to report.

There is no $200m US Takeover and no sale on the horizon. Even the red tops have given trying to make shit up and the ITK's have gone MIA.

It's done for the time being, let's all just get excited by the game of 'freebie roulette' we are playing with the new signings!

It's a forum to discuss things. If you want news as and when it happens I suggest visiting the various sports news websites dotted around the place. Instead of posting pointless things like how you think the thread should be closed, I suggest  you just avoid the thread altogether if you don't want to read the discussion.

How about we let the Mods decide when to close a thread, yeah?

Lol it was a comment on the pointlessness of it all - pull your panties out your bum, yeah?

:)

I thought Dave Cameron was going to have a word with his rich Saudi buddies to see if he could drum up some interest. Come on Dave pull your finger out!

In all seriousness though, I am a little concerned about the lack of takeover news, but equally as we saw with the Man City takeover all it takes is some super rich guy to decide he wants to buy us and it can all happen quickly. I mean the Man City takeover happened so late in the window, that it must have been a late decision taken by Sheikh Mansoor. We just need someone of similar ilk, and with similar plans to see the light and that the light is Claret and Blue.

True but the Man City squad wasn't that bad when they took over. They had already spent quite a bit and finished around mid table.

Spending 200M on a regular relegation contender seems unlikely.

Surely commenting on a pointless discussion is even more pointless, no?

Shucks you got me there mardybum

Back on topic

This thread needs closing for a bit because there is clearly no $200m takeover happening, what do you reckon?!

True but the Man City squad wasn't that bad when they took over. They had already spent quite a bit and finished around mid table.

I don't think he was overly concerned with the players they had, only the players they were going to buy. I wouldn't be surprised if he got someone to put all prem teams in a hat and he just happened to pick City, what happened to them could have happened to anyone in the league that was even slightly for sale, if he was a couple of years earlier it could have been us

This thread needs closing for a bit because there is clearly no $200m takeover happening, what do you reckon?!

"Clearly" you are just speculating about that. 

• Like 1

"Clearly" you are just speculating about that.

Nope I am ITK ;)

I don't think he was overly concerned with the players they had, only the players they were going to buy. I wouldn't be surprised if he got someone to put all prem teams in a hat and he just happened to pick City, what happened to them could have happened to anyone in the league that was even slightly for sale, if he was a couple of years earlier it could have been us

They did already have the brand new stadium and the name of a city will known in world football.

They did already have the brand new stadium and the name of a city will known in world football.

Did City own their stadium before the takeover? I thought Manchester City council owned it then (and now?).  Aston Villa are well known globally and have some of the best infrastructure in the land, I do not think the things you have mentioned will deter a potential bidder from acquiring this club. 

In my opinion, the issues regarding a sale will be Lerner's asking price and the FFP rules (depending on the type of investor).

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Isn't tomorrow the 30 day deadline after the announcement? News tomorrow then please (Yes I agree there probably is no such ruling but it's the only optismism I can muster).

Doubt we will have any further news until after World Cup. Sadly looks like any sale is dead for now.