$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Yes I would like Randy to force someone to buy us, that would be great, id just like the sorry mess to end so we can try and rebuild in some kind of meaningful way.

The bit about things getting worse was in reference to the no fees thing. At the end of last season we limped over the line and yet he plans to spend even less than he did last summer.

That is surprising and disappointing to me, maybe it doesn't you which is fair enough this is all opinions.

Main thing I don't understand is why the clubs finances itself can't accommodate at least a moderate transfer budget to try and keep us in the league. Nothing to do with Randy putting his hand in his pocket .

Other clubs manage it, our wages must now be on a par or lower than most of our competitors and I don't believe every other Chairman is forking out £30m for transfer fees

Edited by villaglint

If we get a good bid for any of our players pretty sure we will sell.

That's the same for most clubs. Everyone has their price.

I guess it depends on what counts as a good bid, but if we get offered something like £8m for Vlaar I can't see us accepting. Lerner will know how important he is and that the likely long-term implications of his sale wouldn't be worth it.

If Vlaar had any sense he'd force it through

i fail to see how getting £8m for a player like Vlaar would be anything other than sensational business for us? He's so overrated 

The stats when he's out suggest otherwise.

I wish I shared your optimism.

I wouldn't even call it optimism, I just think there's a limit here. Lerner will recognise that some players are crucial to keeping our Premier League status intact, and by extension his investment.

Edited by Mantis

We'd be lucky to get around £8m that for him given that he has a year left on his contract and taking his age and injury problems into consideration. Obviously though let's just hope that he signs a new deal because if he doesn't then there is no reason to believe that we won't cash-in on him rather than potentially lose him for nothing.

With all the doom mongers insisting that we're going down you'd have to assume that finishing mid table would be a success, yet I wonder how many fans would get off lamberts and the teams back if we did finish half way up? Not many I expect

• Like 4

i fail to see how getting £8m for a player like Vlaar would be anything other than sensational business for us? He's so overrated 

Points dropped when he isn't playing say otherwise

He's only one of a few at our club who are leadership material

When he's injured we notice his absence bear in mind he had one of the chuckle brothers along side him for most of last season

• Like 2

So I haven't looked at this thread for about 4 or 5 days.

Nothing new I assume?

Nope and tbh mate you may aswell look out for the likes of SSN to confirm something than keep looking through this thread. That way there would at least be some substance to the rumour rather than reading the 10 year old twitter itks. If it shows up here first and there is some truth to it , it wouldnt be long before Pete Colleys ginger boat would be outside VP rabbitting

• Like 1

When he's injured we notice his absence bear in mind he had one of the chuckle brothers along side him for most of last season

Vlaar is important to us but, only because of how far we've fallen. He looks better than he actually is and if we had our side from say 5 or 6 years ago Vlaar would look useless. However, we are currently witnessing one of the worst Villa squads ever and it's making Vlaar look good.

I can't see a takeover happening any time soon. I just don't think we're an attractive enough proposition for a potential buyer and I think Lerner needs to take stock of the situation because we will be even less attractive if the inevitable happens and we eventually go down. May not be this season but it will catch up with us if we keep flirting with it.

To spend the amounts of money Lerner has decided to spend is really taking the piss out of the league. If you get in the ring with the big boys you've got to show them some respect if you're going to stay there. Lerner is showing disrespect to both the club and the League - and the fans also!

Edited by villarocker

Vlaar is important to us but, only because of how far we've fallen. He looks better than he actually is and if we had our side from say 5 or 6 years ago Vlaar would look useless. However, we are currently witnessing one of the worst Villa squads ever and it's making Vlaar look good.

I can't see a takeover happening any time soon. I just don't think we're an attractive enough proposition for a potential buyer and I think Lerner needs to take stock of the situation because we will be even less attractive if the inevitable happens and we eventually go down. May not be this season but it will catch up with us if we keep flirting with it.

To spend the amounts of money Lerner has decided to spend is really taking the piss out of the league. If you get in the ring with the big boys you've got to show them some respect if you're going to stay there. Lerner is showing disrespect to both the club and the League - and the fans also!

He has been taking the piss for 2 to 3 seasons now but has been lucky we haven't got down. His luck will run out eventually. I just wonder how much he even cares if we did get relegated.

He has been taking the piss for 2 to 3 seasons now but has been lucky we haven't got down. His luck will run out eventually. I just wonder how much he even cares if we did get relegated.

He'll care just as much as some peoples hero Doug Ellis who didn't give a flying fig about dismantling the League and European Champions and relegating them with his policies - again just an opinion.

Last 2 seasons - The FA Cup has saved us - firstly wigan had a fixture pile up - then we were lucky enough to play Hull who had one eye on the cup final - true that the points from this game weren't needed in the final shake up - but it mean't we weren't in the final day lottery when anything could have happened.

If people are speculating that Lerner is soft on his asking price - then maybe the finincial hit of relegation isn't the crisis for him that we all think. Perhaps he is already resigned to selling villa at a massive loss - and that includes selling us a championship club..

The reality is it's now over a month since Lerner made his statement. I took that as a deal was very close but sadly it appears not.

Can't see much happening in the next four weeks at which point pre season will be starting and the season won't be far away so think this will run well into next season which is not good news at all.

I'd snap hands off for 17th now if offered, I think we'll go down if we have a poor start to the season (similar to Lambert's first year) as there will be mutiny in the stands.

Last 2 seasons - The FA Cup has saved us - firstly wigan had a fixture pile up - then we were lucky enough to play Hull who had one eye on the cup final - true that the points from this game weren't needed in the final shake up - but it mean't we weren't in the final day lottery when anything could have happened.

If people are speculating that Lerner is soft on his asking price - then maybe the finincial hit of relegation isn't the crisis for him that we all think. Perhaps he is already resigned to selling villa at a massive loss - and that includes selling us a championship club..

Why would Lerner just accept selling Villa at a massive loss? There's a big difference between selling a Premier League club and a Championship one.

My friend 'doesn't know what is happening' but said he still 'understands there are a number of interested parties' who want to drive the price as low as possible.

Not much and very different to other stories, but hey.

• Like 1

Why would Lerner just accept selling Villa at a massive loss? There's a big difference between selling a Premier League club and a Championship one.

How does the parachute work when a club goes into the Championship ?

Maybe he is going for that ?