$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

563 pages and no-one seems to know anything.

fun to speculate though, but still frustrating that we have no idea what is currently going on and how this will affect our transfers/close season.

Lambert was gabbling on about us needing to sign players like Holtby, Lescott and Hernandez. Then we sign Uncle Phil Senderos a man who in the last few years has managed to play less games than Gary Gardener and then try and sign 50 year old out of contract Man Utd player Les Ferdinand.

And now the angriest man in football is looking to haul Hoolahan over the gates of the Coleman's factory, like Norwich will change their stance because a psychotic Irishman asks for their player!

Only ageing loanee we need right now for a bit of player coach action is one Gareth Theodore Barry. 

Edited by VillanousOne

I am long past wanting some multi-Billionaire owner. Over the last few months I have come to the conclusion that they are all clearings in the woods who will always be self interested and only treat AVFC as an extension of their already inflated egos. I just want someone who truly LOVES AVFC.

In fact I find it hard to stomach the way so many fans are willing to almost sell their souls for the want of some rich owner, irrespective of their background or morals, in the quest for honours. Sadly PL clubs are nothing more than pounds of flesh to be traded between rich wan-kers.

I know all the arguments etc etc - this is just how I feel.

Which is fair enough if that's how you feel. Personally I want someone who knows what they're doing in terms of running a club well, to make it the best it can be.

Like you, I'm less fussed about billionaires or the super-rich. I've always been the same really, I don't want the club to be someone's toy, or someone's ego-prop, I want someone to run it well and for the right reasons. That's way more important than how wealthy they are, to me.

If someone wants to throw their money at it, then fine, as long as they don't burden the club with obligations, or dispose of it's assets - the ground, training ground etc.

Just cherish and take good care of it, for it's own sake.

I actually think the last thing we need is someone who loves AVFC. I love AVFC and I can guarantee it is no qualification for running a football club

I want someone who loves winning, making money, seeing his/her business enterprises make progress, getting more competitive with top clubs...and so on.

They can be a bit "meh" about Villa for all I care.

I actually think the last thing we need is someone who loves AVFC. I love AVFC and I can guarantee it is no qualification for running a football club

You better let the rest of VT know that, as we’re all bloody experts on here.

Speak for yourself! 

"The last person who 'tuely loved AVFC' was Deadly Doug"

Really? Hmm, there's a difference between love and loyalty.

And I loved my ex-wife but even I wouldn't wish her on my bitterest enemies! Doug only ever loved himself and what he could get out of Villa - nothing else. Jeez - the guy made Fagin look like a lottery winner throwing his money around.

even though probably no connection though was mentioned on here that he might take us over but the guy that bought the LA Clippers is now rumoured to be buying LA Kings so might put us out of the equation

I love the assumption that with the increased TV revenue we are an attractive proposition.

Now i am not saying we are not, however i don't know many people who buy businesses based purely on turnover. At the end of the day if our turnover is £150m then is that all that fantastic?

It might be but only if your expenditure is much less than £150m.

I suspect with the incresased TV revenue and the reduction in our costs over the last few years we are looking fairly good now financially but again let's not forget the much needed investment in the playing staff that is required to make us competitive once again as well as the previous accumulated losses. It takes £20m a season just to stand still in this league!

Anyway, it's all gone a bit quiet! The calm before the storm or the calm before the more calm?

I am long past wanting some multi-Billionaire owner. Over the last few months I have come to the conclusion that they are all clearings in the woods who will always be self interested and only treat AVFC as an extension of their already inflated egos. I just want someone who truly LOVES AVFC.

In fact I find it hard to stomach the way so many fans are willing to almost sell their souls for the want of some rich owner, irrespective of their background or morals, in the quest for honours. Sadly PL clubs are nothing more than pounds of flesh to be traded between rich wan-kers.

Which is fair enough if that's how you feel. Personally I want someone who knows what they're doing in terms of running a club well, to make it the best it can be.

Like you, I'm less fussed about billionaires or the super-rich. I've always been the same really, I don't want the club to be someone's toy, or someone's ego-prop, I want someone to run it well and for the right reasons. That's way more important than how wealthy they are, to me.

If someone wants to throw their money at it, then fine, as long as they don't burden the club with obligations, or dispose of it's assets - the ground, training ground etc.

I want someone who loves winning, making money, seeing his/her business enterprises make progress, getting more competitive with top clubs...and so on.

I am extremely 'meh' about Villa at the moment. I take up my new position next Monday.

Yep

I want a ruthless winner who will do whatever it takes to get the right people in place to make us successful.

I don't really understand why anyone would not just be interested in a mega rich owner. Without money you can't compete and all you can hope for is to stay up. Sounds pretty depressing to me. I don't care who takes us over as they splash the cash and don't bankrupt the club like Portsmouth or Leeds or Harry Redknapp. 

I don't really understand why anyone would not just be interested in a mega rich owner. Without money you can't compete and all you can hope for is to stay up. Sounds pretty depressing to me. I don't care who takes us over as they splash the cash and don't bankrupt the club like Portsmouth or Leeds or Harry Redknapp. 

We haven't competed since 1992.  Have you been "depressed" for that long?  If so, I'd suggest football isn't the sport for you.

Apparently MysteryMan has posted an update on H&V.  Have not read it properly yet but would he even have a clue what is going on with the club sale? 

I'd say no **** way, he's gotten some snippets of info over the years, and some he has gotten completely wrong, like the infamous "TSM won't be the manager".

"There is definately nothing on the horizon regarding a quich sale . This could drag on for 12 months forget all the talk of Lerner wanting 200 million etc that isn't correct he wants rid and is prepared to take a bath on it but no takers yet . Some early interest from Chinese but want a 6 months exclusivity period so hardly moving fast . Same guys who shown interst in West Ham"