$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I blame that TBAG forum for getting everybody excited. They were basically saying the deal was done about 3 months ago.  I think reality has well and truly hit home now for most people. 

• Like 1

I know I'm the eternal optimist with this stuff but I reckon even without a sale and Randy staying as much in the background as he has been, we'll still improve a bit on last season. All clubs are tightening their belts meaning some decent players are being released. We should have some decent experience to compliment the younger players and actually do alright next season.

Yes, I did predict a final position of 6th last season.

Starting to look like the statement from Randy was him advertising us after getting no where trying to sale under the radar.

Yep - what I cling to is that Randy tried to sell us via his contacts in the US - and that BOA/ML will cast the net further afield.....

Logically some UK based villa fan businessman must be thinking of trying to raise funds via a consortium......the longer it goes on the more likely I think that is the type of deal we will get...

Some people are trying to make this whole situation more difficult than it is. We wouldn't be signing players if a takeover was imminent its as simple as that. I for one am really worried about next season. Not looking forward to it one bit!

• Like 3

Well Trent did say we would be disappointed and he is 100%

Should have leant by now but never underestimate Randys ability to make a bad situation

He's trying to sell the club. What more can you ask of him?

• Like 2

To do it like a good businessman does. Make the asset attractive to a seller. Not strip it down to its bare bones so it will put any seller off.

He's hardly doing that though. We fought to keep Benteke last summer and succeeded and it certainly doesn't seem as if we're trying to offload our best players.

If we get a good bid for any of our players pretty sure we will sell.

That's the same for most clubs. Everyone has their price.

I guess it depends on what counts as a good bid, but if we get offered something like £8m for Vlaar I can't see us accepting. Lerner will know how important he is and that the likely long-term implications of his sale wouldn't be worth it.

Some people are trying to make this whole situation more difficult than it is. We wouldn't be signing players if a takeover was imminent its as simple as that. I for one am really worried about next season. Not looking forward to it one bit!

Why not mate? It's only football after all. There are lots of things in life that people may not enjoy but football should really be something people just enjoy for what it is.

• Like 1