$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I don't believe Mysteryman ever said that.

here's a follow up post to the one posted above.

"The Chinese want 6 months exclusivity where basically Villa do not talk to anybody else ! I can't see that happening unless they shorten the period and Chinese stump up some sort of ' deposit ' etc in an Escrow account to show hoe serious they are . They do have the money is my understanding"

A couple of posts down here on Hereos & Villains.

Saw that on TBAR as I don't ever go on H&V.  Just checked and I couldn't find it on H&V.  Was it deleted?

Edit: Found it.

MM said we were sold to Ellison back in April apparently.  Although I never saw that.  I do hear that Ellison was very much interested in us back earlier in the year.  Something about FFP put him off.

Edited by omariqy

I don't think the Mysteryman who posts on H&V ever said we were sold to Ellison. If he'd have said that we would have heard about it at the time. It was probably someone on TBAR pretending to be Mysterman that said it.

MysteryMan on H&V said that PA was going to take over and Klinsmann was going to be appointed manager IIRC. I really don't think he knows all that. I don't think anyone does to be honest. Probably cos there's nothing to know :lol:

• Like 1

I've purposely avoided this thread for the last month or two, because it's so full of shit.

Has ANYTHING happened in those 2 months that hint towards a takeover?

Nothing worth bringing you up to speed on. 

So as most of us predicted with Randy's post-season message, the takeover won't be happening. Even if it does, there won't be any time for the big changes we need.

Next season is going to be a loooong season, even more so than the last 2. If we survive again it'll be a miracle. We must be nailed on to go down at the moment.

MysteryMan on H&V said that PA was going to take over and Klinsmann was going to be appointed manager IIRC. I really don't think he knows all that. I don't think anyone does to be honest. Probably cos there's nothing to know :lol:

This all over.  I don't understand the need for ITK with regards to selling the club either - we just need to wait until something happens.

So as most of us predicted with Randy's post-season message, the takeover won't be happening. Even if it does, there won't be any time for the big changes we need.

Next season is going to be a loooong season, even more so than the last 2. If we survive again it'll be a miracle. We must be nailed on to go down at the moment.

Apparently we aren't. Somebody was quoting to me some bookies or other where there are 10 teams with narrower odds or something. I'll be placing a very large bet on us sinking this year, I want the compo if it happens, and I truly believe it will. 

If Randy is desperate to sell then I am sure we will be sold before September. I am not totally convinced that Randy is eager to sell, well not for anything less than the reported £200 Million fee.

This is really quite hopeless. If he wants to sell, then sell asap on the best terms he can get and get the heck out of the club and let the new owner get on with a new direction.

If he doesn't want to sell, set a renewed course for the club and make sure the manager and staff are clear about his strategy for the club and the resources to back it.

If he really wants to screw us up, he will announce he wants to sell the club but then fail to do so because no-one wants to pay what he wishes and leave us all in limbo about the footballing and investment strategy that can be followed in the intervening period.

I've purposely avoided this thread for the last month or two, because it's so full of shit.

Has ANYTHING happened in those 2 months that hint towards a takeover?

It is still full of shit (564 pages of the stuff to be exact).

If Randy is desperate to sell then I am sure we will be sold before September. I am not totally convinced that Randy is eager to sell, well not for anything less than the reported £200 Million fee.

You don't just blow away £200m of your money because someone wants to sell their football team, no matter how rich you are.

You don't make profit from football, if someone wants to buy a club it's as a hobby/plaything or they will have a genuine interest in the sport. There clearly isn't much interest judging by the lack of info, even the rumours seem to have dried up. I think Randy would sell tomorrow if someone showed him the cash, but I don't think anyone is really that serious about it, if at all.

Next season is going to be horrific.

You don't just blow away £200m of your money because someone wants to sell their football team, no matter how rich you are.

You don't make profit from football, if someone wants to buy a club it's as a hobby/plaything or they will have a genuine interest in the sport. There clearly isn't much interest judging by the lack of info, even the rumours seem to have dried up. I think Randy would sell tomorrow if someone showed him the cash, but I don't think anyone is really that serious about it, if at all.

Next season is going to be horrific.

I do believe there is, and will be, "interest" in acquiring the club, whether that materialises into a bid/sale is another thing though. There is no certainty about next season, it could be equally horrific with a new owner in place.