$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I think we be waiting a while for a deal, Everton have been available for a long time and not one bid they have and they have a better base in terms of squad and recent league positions, Newcastle seem to be available as well and not much interest, even Leeds struggled to get investors and they have massive potential.

Need to stop using Everton as an example, the issues with Everton are well known. Ground being the main issue, they have no plans to redevelop, they have no new site for a new stadium. So they are a bit stuck, hence why investment is an issue. Newcastle have a value which will scare off most buyers. We have a chairman who wants out, everything is there for a new chairman to come in and give us the kick we need.

But we also have various rumours that Randy's asking price has scared off bidders, so it may not be quite the plain sailing you suggest.

We have? Where?

Ha ha. If you trawl back through the 474 pages of this thread I'm sure you will find them.  :)

I think we be waiting a while for a deal, Everton have been available for a long time and not one bid they have and they have a better base in terms of squad and recent league positions, Newcastle seem to be available as well and not much interest, even Leeds struggled to get investors and they have massive potential.

I don't every remember their chairmen coming out with such a public and official for sale statement?

Kenwright doesn't really want to sell Everton and they are doing well under him so why change?

Ashley will only want to sell the barcodes if he can make a large profit and would want £500m for them.

They are not comparable to us.

I don't every remember their chairmen coming out with such a public and official for sale statement?

Kenwright doesn't really want to sell Everton and they are doing well under him so why change?

Ashley will only want to sell the barcodes if he can make a large profit and would want £500m for them.

This, but why let the facts stop spouting doom & glooom nonsense and spreading negativity.

Need to stop using Everton as an example, the issues with Everton are well known. Ground being the main issue, they have no plans to redevelop, they have no new site for a new stadium. So they are a bit stuck, hence why investment is an issue. Newcastle have a value which will scare off most buyers. We have a chairman who wants out, everything is there for a new chairman to come in and give us the kick we need.

But we also have various rumours that Randy's asking price has scared off bidders, so it may not be quite the plain sailing you suggest.

Never suggested it was plain sailing.

This, but why let the facts stop spouting doom & glooom nonsense and spreading negativity.

A bit of this, now I am concerned for us next season as we have a poor manager, poor squad, no money to improve either and a disinterested owner. Come the 1st July or there abouts and nothing has changed I am going to be in full panic mode!

A bit of this, now I am concerned for us next season as we have a poor manager, poor squad, no money to improve either and a disinterested owner. Come the 1st July or there abouts and nothing has changed I am going to be in full panic mode!

I agree. It can 2 ways we dont get a takeover and i think well go down. We get a takeover and it will be great for the villa fans it really is the flip of a coin

But why worry about it before that? I'll be worried if we don't have new owners by july or mid july, it's just been less than two weeks since the Lerner's statement and all we've heard it'll take 4-6 weeks to complete the sale, as me and many others think that there's already a buyer.

Just relax and see what's gonna happen, if you worry about everything you can't yourself change you're gonna have a very miserable life.

I agree. It can 2 ways we dont get a takeover and i think well go down. We get a takeover and it will be great for the villa fans it really is the flip of a coin

The Mods should set up a Defcon level indicator on the front page for how panicy we are on any given day?

Defcon Level 3 today. Mid level panic but no need to hide the sharp objects yet?

• Like 1

But why worry about it before that? I'll be worried if we don't have new owners by july or mid july, it's just been less than two weeks since the Lerner's statement and all we've heard it'll take 4-6 weeks to complete the sale, as me and many others think that there's already a buyer.

Just relax and see what's gonna happen, if you worry about everything you can't yourself change you're gonna have a very miserable life.

To be honest I worry because of the general level of rubbish spouted by the manager and the fact that Lerner hasn't had a good run on decision making for the past few years.

I know I can do nothing about the situation but when I say worried I am not exactly losing sleep?

Opening gambit. Only Lerner knows what he will actually take for the club.....or how desperate he is to offload.

I am currently sitting in the "Not too worried yet" camp. I would go as far as saying that I will be in the "Slightly concerned" camp if there is no news filtering through by the 1st July, and full panic mode will kick in at 1st of August if we haven't been taken over at that point. Hopefully things are going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, and things are moving along smoothly.

When Newcastle were put up for sale they were in the Championship and in his statement Ashley cited one of the reasons for his selling was that he and his family were advised not to go to matches for their own safety. Not exactly a great advert at the time and I don't think they've been for sale for a while now.

I don't think Everton have ever been officially up for sale.

Newcastle are making to much money for Ashley so wont be sold. Everton have ground problems and also in competition with Liverpool.

Villa have none of that (and don't dare to think small heath are in competition with villa)

So we do look good for buyers.

Lambert an co. Will be thinking they will have a better team next season even if we stand still. Benteke coming back, Kozak, NZog, Bent, Hutton. I tend to agree it looks better on paper, will have to see what Lambert can make of it!

I am not a nervous wreck.  I am not hanging on every potential pipe dream.  But I enjoy the guesses that people make.  I am entertained by the sleuthing some people do.  (somewhere between amused, and appalled, actually).  I even like it when they claim that whatever they are guessing is an absolute fact based on some supposed source...  if it makes you angry and tense to hear the nonsense and hypothetical musings here, read the OS, or some other VT thread that is entirely factual or entirely optimistic. (if you can find one :) )

You can complain about supposed ITK,'s, (that's part of the entertainment) but please don't tell me I can't enjoy the entertainment they provide.

• Like 2

It isn't just buying the club. Any new owner will have to rebuild a team a.s.a.p in order to secure PL status. It's a huge risk for any potential new owner.

I'm not sure about rebuild, just get 4 first-team players or so to tie us over for the first season. Even with the most catastrophic of ends to the season we finished 15th, this with our 3 most expensive signings getting cruciate, broken leg and snapped Achilles injuries. It wouldn't take a huge initial investment, and the club can afford £20m without going into the red anyway. Randy has actually done a pretty good job at making it as attractive as possible, it's just a case of waiting to see if there are any billionaires out there, which is out of our hands really.

• Like 1

Off to a talk tonight on FFP which is being chaired by none other than Mr. Keith Harris. I will report back if I hear anything.

what did you learn?

That time machines still are badly needed ;)

• Like 1