$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

In Ted Rogers 3-2-1 stylee

Clue number 3 was brought to us by Bob Carolgees.  Bob left us a Gatepost and the clue said. "This new owner could present you some Bills as he arrives at your holiday home. Be sure to open all the Gates and dont leave him swinging on the garden post as you wait for the investment"

Well lets see what that means.  Well someone who present some bills is normally someone looking to take some money from you but the use of the word Bill,  maybe it got you thinking of some very wealthy American. A little further in the clue was mention of a holiday home,  Villa maybe.  Then dont leave him swinging on the garden post as you look for investment.  Well the only way you'll get a holiday home is by going to a travel agent and dont let this one swing on the garden post as what do you do in a garden? yes it will be dug.  Link that to bills and taking money yes you guessed it you've got Doug Ellis .

Well thats how i remember 3 2 1 going anyway clue led you to believe it was star prize and you ended up with the bleeding bin.

3 2 1 used to confuse the he'll out of me!

Soon we're going to run out of rich people to speculate about.

My plan is to mention every US owner of a sports team and claim to be ITK once it's all confirmed and on the OS.

How many major sports teams are there in America? If we include NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS and NBL, roughly 20 teams apiece lets say. Therefore we need approximately 100 new twitter accounts making one prediction about the new owner each. When we are sold later this summer theres a good chance we will have one verified ITK account! Come one every one, lets get working - 10 teams each, I'll start on the MBL :).

God help us if we picked up by a Russian :angry:

its 32 teams a league

My plan is to mention every US owner of a sports team and claim to be ITK once it's all confirmed and on the OS.

How many major sports teams are there in America? If we include NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS and NBL, roughly 20 teams apiece lets say. Therefore we need approximately 100 new twitter accounts making one prediction about the new owner each. When we are sold later this summer theres a good chance we will have one verified ITK account! Come one every one, lets get working - 10 teams each, I'll start on the MBL :).

Between the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS and MLB (which is what I assume you meant by NBL) there are 141 franchises.

It won't be Cortese, I just can't even imagine that. Can you imagine the sort of job he could do though if he had serious money?

Been a bit of turbulence around Daniel Levy lately, although he's done brilliant for Spurs he's made some bad decisions too. I think Joe lewis (spurs owner) getting him to replace Levy is more likely than him coming to us tbh.

I thought Levy owned the club? Very interesting. Edited by Amo69

I don't think we'll be bought by an American in the end. Just a feeling though.

I don't think we will be bought by anybody until we are as cheap as chips. Maybe as a League 1 side?

Lerner is going to take a massive hit eventually.

Right who wants to do a bit of detective work.

Assuming Robert Rich is the frontman of a US consortium and the lawyers M&S are representing someone in that consortium, who could that person be based on the following:

Mr. Handler was counsel to a purchaser of a well known Major League Baseball franchise. 

Mr Handler from M&S.

Any relation to Mr Shifter - 'Dad did you know the paino's on my foot?' - You hum it son I'll play it - old advert from days gone by and completely off topic!!!

I don't think it is the majority of fans against Lambert - they just seem to repeatedly shout loudest about it.

(just my opinion!)

Yeah they all got big gobs!  :D JUST KIDDING!!!

It won't be Cortese, I just can't even imagine that. Can you imagine the sort of job he could do though if he had serious money?

Been a bit of turbulence around Daniel Levy lately, although he's done brilliant for Spurs he's made some bad decisions too. I think Joe lewis (spurs owner) getting him to replace Levy is more likely than him coming to us tbh.

I thought Levy owned the club? Very interesting.

No, Joe Lewis owns Spurs... Daniel Levy is his nephew..

I doubt he will sack his own Nephew.

Between the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS and MLB (which is what I assume you meant by NBL) there are 141 franchises.

I'll contact and personally ask every Alabama team in every one of these leagues.  And then I'll create an individual twitter account that will predict each of them.  something like @AVFCBamaBaseball  or @AVFCBamahockey

Here's an old video of Bob Rich from the Iplayer when he got involved with Beddlington. Could be some interesting foreshadowing about a minute and a half into it.

Not reading anything into it but that's weird that our name was seemingly plucked out of mid air, especially as we weren't publicly for sale then too.

Coincidence I'm sure though.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/477369/Paul-Lambert-DESPERATE-to-keep-Aston-Villa-s-stars-as-Randy-Lerner-caps-spending

Has anyone read this yet?

Lambert was told months in advance by Lerner that he was intending to sell but had to keep it private until the official announcement.

"It was my job to protect the club, that's what I did," said Lambert. "How did I feel when I went over to New York at the weekend to speak with Randy Lerner? Tired. It had all been on my shoulders, all the problems of the season, I had to protect everything and I did that.

"Even if we were to get off to a flyer to the new season, I don't think it would change Randy Lerner's mind about selling. The chairman has been great and honest but I don't think it'll change his mind.

"With regard to selling players, Randy will let me decide. You have to understand and respect his good work here. That shouldn't be overlooked. But you have to respect he wants to do his own thing.

"When the new owners come in they will judge what I've done with their own eyes.

"I've never been one to be self-centred. The most important thing is this club. All I can do is my best. It's really unsettling but it is what it is. You can't change it.

"I'm relieved it's out there, I knew what was happening but my job was to protect everything.

"I don't regret anything. If it all ended tomorrow you would take an unbelievable experience. The pressure is big, but there's always something good to come out of it and Aston Villa can be big again."

line 1.  A blow to the "the first act toward selling the club happened on the monday after the season ended, nothing was in place or done before then." theory.

line 2.  Lambert does see himself as the guardian of Villa's status in an environment of very restricted by finances.

line 3.  He does not think the restrictions are reversible as long as RL is the owner.

line 4.  He's hoping that Lambert will continue to vouch for him as a loyal employee that does the best possible under the owners directives without complaining or undermining the owner.  (as one who hires people, that's not a bad recommendation at all)

the rest, he's basically repeating the 2nd,3rd, 4th, point.

I read that today and it certainly confirms that the club has been for sale for sometime. The tone of RL's statement and his actions have pointed to this being the case for a while, its good that Lambert has confirmed this as you point out and hopefully something is in the offing soon. Given the restricted finances PL has had to work under he has (just about) achieved what was expected of him - to ensure our premiership status for another season - and for that I am grateful to PL. I feel for him in some ways, as others have pointed out he has got on with the job in a dignified manner. Whether he deserves another chance or not is probably for another thread but in some ways it would be harsh on him. Personally I hope we get in owners with the right ambition and footballing know-how to make this decision for themselves and to make the right one for AVFC to move forward and not listen to what RL thinks makes a good football manager.

• Like 1

Here's an old video of Bob Rich from the Iplayer when he got involved with Beddlington. Could be some interesting foreshadowing about a minute and a half into it.

Not reading anything into it but that's weird that our name was seemingly plucked out of mid air, especially as we weren't publicly for sale then too.

Thanks for the hint.  not able to view the video on BBC... cause I'm in the states maybe?   Anything else interesting?

Thanks for the hint. not able to view the video on BBC... cause I'm in the states maybe? Anything else interesting?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hola-better-internet/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en

If you use Google Chrome you can install that extension which let's you select which country you want your browser to think you're from, this should let you watch iPlayer.

Also very good if you have Netflix or similar in the UK as the choice is much better in the US.

Sorry for going OT.

• Like 1

He's got two films in the making about himself one about his Fishing and other about Beddlington. If he buys us he might have to start writing a new script or at least re-write one of the others.

Further to my earlier message, I asked whether FFP would affect the chance of a club like Villa being be sold, as it might put off new owners. Keith wouldn't get drawn on specifics, however he feels there is a lot more demand for 'aspiring premiership clubs' than there was three years ago. Back the Championship clubs were more appealing as their books were in order and investment could get them promoted.The influence of a strict FFP regime in the Championship has pushed investors back to Prem teams.

He then said again that he could assure me there was strong demand for these 'aspiring teams'

Not ground breaking, sorry. But in my view that bodes well. Sounds like there is definite interest.

Top sleuthing