$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Right who wants to do a bit of detective work.

Assuming Robert Rich is the frontman of a US consortium and the lawyers M&S are representing someone in that consortium, who could that person be based on the following:

Mr. Handler was counsel to a purchaser of a well known Major League Baseball franchise. 

Mr Handler from M&S.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_principal_owners

I would imagine it would be a link to a New York or Florida team given the law firm involved?

Probably more importantly I would like PL to offer his reasons for that run, and what he thinks he can do to ensure it doesn't continue..to be fair to those who want him gone he has said nothing about this other than he needs some players, the last refuge of the failing Manager !!

Assuming Robert Rich is the frontman of a US consortium and the lawyers M&S are representing someone in that consortium, who could that person be based on the following:

Mr. Handler was counsel to a purchaser of a well known Major League Baseball franchise. 

Mr Handler from M&S.

I would imagine it would be a link to a New York or Florida team given the law firm involved?

We established the last day it was a NY based team, seeing as the Metz were taken over in 2002, safe guess it was them, the same metz who were affiliated with the Buffalo Bisons between 2009-12, however this ended as mgmt were unhappy with performance & attendance. Have since signed up with Toronto Blue Jays, (TheTrees said a jet was in from Toronto a while back).

Mr Handler from M&S.

We established the last day it was a NY based team, seeing as the Metz were taken over in 2002, safe guess it was them, the same metz who were affiliated with the Buffalo Bisons between 2009-12, however this ended as mgmt were unhappy with performance & attendance. Have since signed up with Toronto Blue Jays, (TheTrees said a jet was in from Toronto a while back).

Hmmm, neither of the New York franchises look particularly healthy. Fred Wilpon who owns the Mets is leveraged up to his eyeballs and may lose control, and Hal Steinbrenner who Chairs the Yankees has recently instituted an austerity drive to reduce the team's wages (sounds familiar). They both are heavily dependent on TV money. I think which ever one Geoff Handler advised, he had to work his arse off.

Why are people so convinced that if it is Bob RIch he's going to have backers with him or that he's going to be part of a consortium?

Edited by useless

Soon we're going to run out of rich people to speculate about.

Never, I notice that Carson Yeung will be available by the end of the decade, should our takeover drag on a bit. He should have some nice clean money to invest, so I've put him on a reserve list for now.

My plan is to mention every US owner of a sports team and claim to be ITK once it's all confirmed and on the OS.

How many major sports teams are there in America? If we include NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS and NBL, roughly 20 teams apiece lets say. Therefore we need approximately 100 new twitter accounts making one prediction about the new owner each. When we are sold later this summer theres a good chance we will have one verified ITK account! Come one every one, lets get working - 10 teams each, I'll start on the MBL :).

God help us if we picked up by a Russian :angry:

In Ted Rogers 3-2-1 stylee

Clue number 3 was brought to us by Bob Carolgees.  Bob left us a Gatepost and the clue said. "This new owner could present you some Bills as he arrives at your holiday home. Be sure to open all the Gates and dont leave him swinging on the garden post as you wait for the investment"

Well lets see what that means.  Well someone who present some bills is normally someone looking to take some money from you but the use of the word Bill,  maybe it got you thinking of some very wealthy American. A little further in the clue was mention of a holiday home,  Villa maybe.  Then dont leave him swinging on the garden post as you look for investment.  Well the only way you'll get a holiday home is by going to a travel agent and dont let this one swing on the garden post as what do you do in a garden? yes it will be dug.  Link that to bills and taking money yes you guessed it you've got Doug Ellis .

Well thats how i remember 3 2 1 going anyway clue led you to believe it was star prize and you ended up with the bleeding bin.

Edited by Richard
  • Like 2

Never, I notice that Carson Yeung will be available by the end of the decade, should our takeover drag on a bit. He should have some nice clean money to invest, so I've put him on a reserve list for now.

Am ready now. Please sell Benteke and send cheque c/o Stanley Prison, Hong Kong. Don't worry about receipt.

Yours, C Yeung