$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Journalist Charlie Wyett saying on Twitter that he doesn't think we'll be sold this summer, said there was a firm buyer but it fell through, thats why Randy made the announcement. Also says if a new consortium showed interest now it would take 6 months to complete a takeover, not 6 weeks so could not be done this summer.

He's a journalist for The Sun and not sure how right he normally is but I hope he's wrong on this one.

Edited by Pembers

With Lerner instructing Lambert to do frees/loans and integrate Hutton and Bent then a takeover cant even be close and Wyett is probably right, why would Lerner be planning for next season unless he feels theres a good chance he'd still be here?

It's Sun for **** sake! They're even worse than Talksport. He got it right that Villa is being sold in february? Big **** whoop, he guessed right. We've known for ages that Lerner have been preparing to be sold, especially after he turned the loan into equity, it doesn't take rocket scientists to figure out we're being sold.

With Lerner instructing Lambert to do frees/loans and integrate Hutton and Bent then a takeover cant even be close and Wyett is probably right, why would Lerner be planning for next season unless he feels theres a good chance he'd still be here?

He's not really planning for next season though, if he was planning for next season then he'd give him money to spend.

You're taking planning the wrong way, he's clearly assuming that its possible he could be owner come the new season imo. If he knew a takeover was imminent he wouldnt be bothered about what happens with the likes of Bent because it wouldn't be his problem any longer. As for the money to spend bit well that's just not true, why would he put in any money right now?

I have no inside information but this'll go on for week and probably months in my view.

Can't really see what any journalist would get out of saying we won't be sold this summer if it's not true. Time to face facts guys. We're screwed.

A response maybe?

Can't really see what any journalist would get out of saying we won't be sold this summer if it's not true. Time to face facts guys. We're screwed.

A response maybe?

If he is making up stuff for a response wouldn't it make more sense to say there is going to be a takeover? He would certainly stir more interest.

A response maybe?

It was villa fans asking him what he thought, hes not plugging a story or selling tomorrows papers hes just answering people asking him questions.

Not saying hes 100% correct but its funny what people have believed these past few days yet this is immediately dismissed because its not what we want to here.

Charlie Wyatt has seemed pretty clued up so far and what he's saying tonight could tie in with what one of the papers reported Lambert saying last night.

"Even if we were to get off to a flyer to the new season, I don't think it would change Randy Lerner's mind about selling. The chairman has been great and honest but I don't think it'll change his mind.

Or maybe Wyatt has read this and taken a guess.

Edited by useless