$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Easier said than done especially when the bigger clubs come knocking.

Edit: Also, the new bloke said that they (him and his board) had inherited a difficult financial situation. I don't know whether they could afford not to sell a few players.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Cortese studied in Switzerland, where Yakin is from. So we just need to find a link between Cortese and our billionaire and we have the perfect set up. Well we can dream can't we.

I'm salivating... New owner (with backers), Cortese, Yakin and a nice transfer 'war chest' for the summer. That'd make us soon forget about Marc Albrighton, at least!

Careful. Sounds too good to be true, and we know what that usually means (especially with regard to Aston Villa).

Cortese studied in Switzerland, where Yakin is from. So we just need to find a link between Cortese and our billionaire and we have the perfect set up. Well we can dream can't we.

Red Bull is Austrian. Right inbetween Italy and Switzerland. The two of them probably had discussions in the middle at the billionaire backers gaf. Vola

• Like 1

In the interview that was linked a few pages back cortese says that financially they had no need to sell players as they were in a sound position, he seemed quite prickly about the fact they had let some go and particularly hurt that there were inevitably more players to follow out the door.

As for Albrighton it's not too late for a dramatic u turn lol, maybe if lambert is in the know he'll have a word with marc

I thought I should plough back through this thread to see what basis there could possibly be for thinking Cortese is going to take us over.

But then I realised I needed to cut my toenails and that seemed more rewarding. 

I have no idea what is happening, but I am loving the way you guys are throwing yourselves into the detective work.

It makes very enjoyable reading.

I know what you mean, it's like something out of The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo Millennium series...

Someone on that TBAR has been saying all along that the new owners will be Saudi and that they'll bring a European CEO with them and has stuck to that story despite the hysteria around other ideas on that site. Suggests that he has a friend in the media and to be fair to him looking through his posting history he seems to haven gotten more correct than 'Admin' has.

Someone on that TBAR has been saying all along that the new owners will be Saudi and that they'll bring a European CEO with them and has stuck to that story despite the hysteria around other ideas on that site. Suggests that he has a friend in the media and to be fair to him looking through his posting history he seems to haven gotten more correct than 'Admin' has.

Who's that?

Cortese studied in Switzerland, where Yakin is from. So we just need to find a link between Cortese and our billionaires and we have the perfect set up. Well we can dream can't we.

Fixed for you. The dream is a Billionaire tag team funding Nicola's project.  :)

• Like 1

Isn't Lerner friends with a Saudi prince? Used to show him around the training ground occasionally?

Who's that?

Frank Leigh.

I had to sign up to see their takeover thread which means I can now look at poster's posting history seems a pretty sensible poster. I think he genuinely believes what he's saying but says that it's what he's been told by a friend in the media.

We'll see.

Isn't Lerner friends with a Saudi prince? Used to show him around the training ground occasionally?

I don't know whether that guy was a personal friend of Rand's or what. I think the story was that he had a box at the VIlla and just wanted a look around the Training Ground. I think it was also mentioned (by Mysteryman Possibly) that he had box at Everton as well but could be wrong about that.

Some interesting quotes in this Express article.

Lambert was told months in advance by Lerner that he was intending to sell but had to keep it private until the official announcement.

"It was my job to protect the club, that's what I did," said Lambert. "How did I feel when I went over to New York at the weekend to speak with   Randy Lerner? Tired. It had all been on my shoulders, all the problems of the season, I had to protect everything and I did that.

"Even if we were to get off to a flyer to the new season, I don't think it would change Randy Lerner's mind about selling. The chairman has been great and honest but I don't think it'll change his mind.

Edited by useless

What's happened to all the real or pretend ITK's? Seems like every other post, earlier this week, was a new theory with some inside information. Now it's all gone quiet. Has somebody bought them all off?

• Like 1

What's happened to all the real or pretend ITK's? Seems like every other post, earlier this week, was a new theory with some inside information. Now it's all gone quiet. Has somebody bought them all off?

Mendi's no longer an active poster.

Personally I am not surprised that all the ITK / deal about to happen stuff has proved to be absolute rubbish. Sadly I think what we see and what we are being told is exactly what is happening.

The club is up for sale.

Merrill Lynch and Keith Harris are helping in that process.

Its at an early stage so there is nothing firm yet.

RL is keeping the purse strings tight ahead of a sale.

There will be little in the way of transfer funds from him so surplus players will be moved on.

No new major contracts under RL's watch.

Bomb squad to be utilised rather than waste their wages.

Have I missed anything?

Overall it is pretty grim at the moment and all we have is hope rather than expectation :(