$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

What's this due diligence thingamabob?

The buyer of the business goes through the business paperwork, books, finances etc. so that there wouldn't be any surprises, like debt/loans hidden up or any problems what might affect the value of the business.

Oh my god someone has been interviewed saying he likes the premier league! Now I am going to research this and find any tenuous link to us I possibly can. ..failing that I'll just say it's obvious he's I'm for us and shout down at anyone who says otherwise.

I'm a villa fan through and through and would hope for better but the amount of denial on here in the face of so much evidence against what your saying is shocking.

Oh my god someone has been interviewed saying he likes the premier league! Now I am going to research this and find any tenuous link to us I possibly can. ..failing that I'll just say it's obvious he's I'm for us and shout down at anyone who says otherwise.

I'm a villa fan through and through and would hope for better but the amount of denial on here in the face of so much evidence against what your saying is shocking. Oh my god someone has been interviewed saying he likes the premier league! Now I am going to research this and find any tenuous link to us I possibly can. ..failing that I'll just say it's obvious he's I'm for us and shout down at anyone who says otherwise.

I'm a villa fan through and through and would hope for better but the amount of denial on here in the face of so much evidence against what your saying is shocking.

Denial is all we have left :(

Best two posts of the day Daz, how about cheering up and enjoying the speculation with the rest of us.

Come on - an available CEO - says he would like to return to the premier league - and that he may shortly do so - a week after we go on the market - sure its not 100% or anywhere close - but you can't dismiss it out of hand...?

• Like 3

Keen to see some of this 'Evidence' you speak of.

Saying there's no interest and we're doomed to Championship football is as speculative as saying we'll be fighting for Europe next year.

Until the OS categorically says what's happening, I'm open to any theories.

Edit: Typo. Again.

Actually saying there is no interest and we are doomed to championship football is currently how it stands as far as we are aware. So it's not speculative at all.

I disagree. All I've heard is stuff from people like PL who skirt around the question and use terms like "As far as I know.."

I haven't read a club statement saying that categorically. I agree officially it would look that way because of the interviews, but everything is still speculative.

The buyer of the business goes through the business paperwork, books, finances etc. so that there wouldn't be any surprises, like debt/loans hidden up or any problems what might affect the value of the business.

Cheers. How long does it usually take do you think? And don't any new owners have to do a sort of fit and proper test to ensure that they don't financially ruin clubs?

Cortese has long been linked with Milan. I highly doubt he's involved in anything regarding us.

Unless I am seeing things, I read that Cortese wants to return to England. 

Missed that, I just watched the video. Interesting.

Cheers. How long does it usually take do you think? And don't any new owners have to do a sort of fit and proper test to ensure that they don't financially ruin clubs?

For smaller businesses usually about 30 days, and for larger businesses 60 days, I don't think Aston Villa is very big or very complicated business so I'd guess due dilligence with Villa would take about 30 days...which is coincidentally about the same what certain gentleman who's name starts with K said that the deal would take to get through (he said 4-6 weeks I think).

• Like 1

Chill out. Nobody is being "shouted down", we are only speculating on a Villa related subject. 

Saying there's no interest and we're doomed to Championship football is as speculative as saying we'll be fighting for Europe next year.

Actually saying there is no interest and we are doomed to championship football is currently how it stands as far as we are aware. So it's not speculative at all.

I disagree. All I've heard is stuff from people like PL who skirt around the question and use terms like "As far as I know.."

I haven't read a club statement saying that categorically. I agree officially it would look that way because of the interviews, but everything is still speculative.

But until we are made aware there are interested owners or a takeover is going to happen we only know that nothing has changed. So how can it be speculative to say nothing has changed when we don't know otherwise?

Does that make sense?

I never really got the desire for the fabled "football man" myself. You can have a good understanding of football without having a footballing background.

Somebody with a 'good understanding of football' is in terms of a CEO what most fans mean by a' football man' for example Steve Stride.

You have had quite a few that use Faulkner's non-footballing background as a stick to beat him with though.

Who was the guy running things when Lerner took over? The one that said expect big signings just before MON signed Marlon Harewood.

Richard Fitzgerald? Had a bust up with MON I seem to recall.

The name sounds familiar. Probably had a bust up after MON made him look a prized plonker with his signings that summer after Lerner had pretty much given him a signed blank cheque book.

• Like 2

But until we are made aware there are interested owners or a takeover is going to happen we only know that nothing has changed. So how can it be speculative to say nothing has changed when we don't know otherwise?

Does that make sense?

Yeah, that makes complete sense. My point is that the only official statement we've had is to say the club's up for sale. Anything on top of that is mere speculation and opinion. There being no one bidding is as speculative as there being 10 interested parties. For all we no there could be a deal completed tonight. It's unlikely and I agree a lot of this is optimistic, but it's not impossible.

• Like 1

This. It take forever as well. I'm a lawyer and we are involved in a lot of due diligence in the corporate department of my firm. It's so wide ranging. You investigate all property, all debts, all income, all expenditure, all assets, all legal issues, all contracts, what's going to happen going forwards, any issues unresolved looking backwards, quite literally everything. And it takes FOREVER

I like this Cortese dude, like the cut of his jib, and his ears are claret too so he kinda looks the part.

I'm a total optimist when it comes to these kind of matters but the thing I don't get about the cortese theory is that he would need somebody to buy the club and then employ him? Have I got that right?

I don't think many of our American billionaire friends would know who he is? Would they?