$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I have a question: Has journalists ever gotten any rumours right about our club in UK? Any transfer rumours correctly? Has any transfer news/rumours which have been proven true EVER broken out in UK first? I can't remember a single one so how could Wyett, "Journalist" from the tabloid, The Pinnacle of Journalistic Integrity and Honesty know anything about concerning our club and the takeover, who are notoriously secretive and keeps even player transfers so far behind the doors that journos can't get info on them.

There's probably only very few people in Aston Villa who actually knows what's going on with the sale and that's Lerner, the board (who I can't imagine would leak anything to the press) and maybe Lambert and I don't think he would leak it either.

Edited by Jarpie

Can't really see what any journalist would get out of saying we won't be sold this summer if it's not true. Time to face facts guys. We're screwed.

And that's a fact, is it?

Yes it is.

Can't really see what any journalist would get out of saying we won't be sold this summer if it's not true. Time to face facts guys. We're screwed.

Yes it is.

Well then you clearly have a very peculiar sense of what a fact is.

Wyatt was the first journalist to say that Lerner wants to sell the club. If he says a deal is off, I'm inclined to believe him.

That logic doesn't really hold water. Being right about one thing doesn't mean you know any info now.

• Like 1

Yes it is.

And you know full well I wasn't referring to the word fact in a literal sense when I used the phrase 'time to face facts'

If a deal did fall through, which im inclined to believe it has giving Lerner making a statement saying the club is looking a buyer, then i wonder why it did? Hope Lerner isnt wanting to much money

If a deal did fall through, which im inclined to believe it has giving Lerner making a statement saying the club is looking a buyer, then i wonder why it did? Hope Lerner isnt wanting to much money

I guess we'll probably never know.

Wyatt was the first journalist to say that Lerner wants to sell the club. If he says a deal is off, I'm inclined to believe him.

That logic doesn't really hold water. Being right about one thing doesn't mean you know any info now.

True but it follows that if he was exclusive with that, he probably is still in touch with the same contacts who revealed that to him. Anyway, I'm not saying to take it as absolute gospel, just that there is a basis to give credence to his understanding on this matter.

Yes it is.

And you know full well I wasn't referring to the word fact in a literal sense when I used the phrase 'time to face facts'

Lol, whatever. It just seems to me like people are massively overreacting to the situation. What will be, will be.

• Like 1

During his Radio Four interview Keith Harris stated that if someone comes in with a bid then a they can get it done very quickly if they want to.

If I turned up at Villa Park tomorrow morning with £200,000,000 cash, I'm pretty sure I'd own the club within a few weeks.

• Like 2