$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/477369/Paul-Lambert-DESPERATE-to-keep-Aston-Villa-s-stars-as-Randy-Lerner-caps-spending

Has anyone read this yet?

Lambert was told months in advance by Lerner that he was intending to sell but had to keep it private until the official announcement.

"It was my job to protect the club, that's what I did," said Lambert. "How did I feel when I went over to New York at the weekend to speak with Randy Lerner? Tired. It had all been on my shoulders, all the problems of the season, I had to protect everything and I did that.

"Even if we were to get off to a flyer to the new season, I don't think it would change Randy Lerner's mind about selling. The chairman has been great and honest but I don't think it'll change his mind.

"With regard to selling players, Randy will let me decide. You have to understand and respect his good work here. That shouldn't be overlooked. But you have to respect he wants to do his own thing.

"When the new owners come in they will judge what I've done with their own eyes.

"I've never been one to be self-centred. The most important thing is this club. All I can do is my best. It's really unsettling but it is what it is. You can't change it.

"I'm relieved it's out there, I knew what was happening but my job was to protect everything.

"I don't regret anything. If it all ended tomorrow you would take an unbelievable experience. The pressure is big, but there's always something good to come out of it and Aston Villa can be big again."

Edited by mini_beest

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/477369/Paul-Lambert-DESPERATE-to-keep-Aston-Villa-s-stars-as-Randy-Lerner-caps-spending

Has anyone read this yet?

Lambert was told months in advance by Lerner that he was intending to sell but had to keep it private until the official announcement.

"It was my job to protect the club, that's what I did," said Lambert. "How did I feel when I went over to New York at the weekend to speak with Randy Lerner? Tired. It had all been on my shoulders, all the problems of the season, I had to protect everything and I did that.

"Even if we were to get off to a flyer to the new season, I don't think it would change Randy Lerner's mind about selling. The chairman has been great and honest but I don't think it'll change his mind.

"With regard to selling players, Randy will let me decide. You have to understand and respect his good work here. That shouldn't be overlooked. But you have to respect he wants to do his own thing.

"When the new owners come in they will judge what I've done with their own eyes.

"I've never been one to be self-centred. The most important thing is this club. All I can do is my best. It's really unsettling but it is what it is. You can't change it.

"I'm relieved it's out there, I knew what was happening but my job was to protect everything.

"I don't regret anything. If it all ended tomorrow you would take an unbelievable experience. The pressure is big, but there's always something good to come out of it and Aston Villa can be big again."

Did he say ' now 'or 'new' though ?

• Like 2

Yes, stop encouraging them. Let's just lock this thread and have a direct link to the OS ready for an announcement. That'll be fun

You have to comment on any negative post dont you? Just because others arent so full of the joys of believing bullshit doesnt mean they cant comment!

Yes, stop encouraging them. Let's just lock this thread and have a direct link to the OS ready for an announcement. That'll be fun

You have to comment on any negative post dont you? Just because others arent so full of the joys of believing bullshit doesnt mean they cant comment!

As I commented a couple of days ago, the common VT ITKs are very quiet, which makes you wonder whether something is actually going on.

The only 'ITK' stuff has been on TBAR, so it remains to be seen whether that is/was bullshit.

But I don't believe that we have seen any potential bullshit on VT. Not yet, anyway.

• Like 3

When a post is asking someone not to encourage people TO POST (the whole point of a forum), I feel I'm well within my rights to comment. Thanks.

We have asked for change and we will get it. However it has been a little over a week since we knew for sure that we were up for sale. Honestly we all need to have a little patience. If we have nothing concrete by July 1st then I will start to worry.

• Like 2

We have asked for change and we will get it. However it has been a little over a week since we knew for sure that we were up for sale. Honestly we all need to have a little patience. If we have nothing concrete by July 1st then I will start to worry.

Exactly this, why not just relax, sit back and worry when ti's time for that. You're just gonna get ulcer if you worry about things you can't change by yourself.

"Even if we were to get off to a flyer to the new season, I don't think it would change Randy Lerner's mind about selling. The chairman has been great and honest but I don't think it'll change his mind."

Sounds to me like there is nothing in the pipeline atm.

"Even if we were to get off to a flyer to the new season, I don't think it would change Randy Lerner's mind about selling. The chairman has been great and honest but I don't think it'll change his mind."

Sounds to me like there is nothing in the pipeline atm.

Yep. That first sentence is very ominous indeed.

• Like 1

I know this is a serious thread, we are all doomed and all that, but every time I hear the name Keith Harris I cant help but giggle!

Yes....maybe we will end up with Orville as our next manager.

Mmmm......Lambert / Orville.....Orville / Lambert......Lambert / Orville.....Orville / Lambert.....Lambert / Orville.....Orville / Lambert.

Orville might be a decent shout after all. He might have a Plan B. :)

I think we be waiting a while for a deal, Everton have been available for a long time and not one bid they have and they have a better base in terms of squad and recent league positions, Newcastle seem to be available as well and not much interest, even Leeds struggled to get investors and they have massive potential.

• Like 1

I think we be waiting a while for a deal, Everton have been available for a long time and not one bid they have and they have a better base in terms of squad and recent league positions, Newcastle seem to be available as well and not much interest, even Leeds struggled to get investors and they have massive potential.

Need to stop using Everton as an example, the issues with Everton are well known. Ground being the main issue, they have no plans to redevelop, they have no new site for a new stadium. So they are a bit stuck, hence why investment is an issue. Newcastle have a value which will scare off most buyers. We have a chairman who wants out, everything is there for a new chairman to come in and give us the kick we need.

• Like 1

Need to stop using Everton as an example, the issues with Everton are well known. Ground being the main issue, they have no plans to redevelop, they have no new site for a new stadium. So they are a bit stuck, hence why investment is an issue. Newcastle have a value which will scare off most buyers. We have a chairman who wants out, everything is there for a new chairman to come in and give us the kick we need.

But we also have various rumours that Randy's asking price has scared off bidders, so it may not be quite the plain sailing you suggest.

Edited by briny_ear

But we also have various rumours that Randy's asking price has scared off bidders, so it may not be quite the plain sailing you suggest.

We have? Where?