$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

It's me guys, I'm buying the club. I had you all fooled.

as long as you are rich not a **** will be given

im still apprehensive about it, lerner is "rich" but nowhere near rich enough, we have record amounts of income and its still not enough, the new owners need lots of cash and a way round the FFP

Guggenheim Partners

I think the Ellison rumour is false... so who can it be? I've heard a number of names in the last 29 pages. Can anyone summarise who they are and how rich they are?

Guggenheim Partners - 200 billion.

Well they recently bought the WNBA team The Los Angeles Sparks so they're definitely investing in sports teams. Could be anyone or group though. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being someone who hasn't been mentioned.

If we have Messi on one wing Ronaldo on the other and Suarez singing at half time are they really going to ban us from Europe?

Get serious!

If we had messi, Ronaldo and Suarez in the team....it wouldn't matter much who the owner was.

Guggenheim Partners

I think the Ellison rumour is false... so who can it be? I've heard a number of names in the last 29 pages. Can anyone summarise who they are and how rich they are?

Guggenheim Partners - 200 billion.

Well they recently bought the WNBA team The Los Angeles Sparks so they're definitely investing in sports teams. Could be anyone or group though. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being someone who hasn't been mentioned.

Isn't that the women's basketball team?

If we have Messi on one wing Ronaldo on the other and Suarez singing at half time are they really going to ban us from Europe?

Get serious!

If we had messi, Ronaldo and Suarez in the team....it wouldn't matter much who the owner was.

Would still be fighting for relegation with Lambert in charge.

• Like 1

as long as you are rich not a **** will be given

im still apprehensive about it, lerner is "rich" but nowhere near rich enough, we have record amounts of income and its still not enough, the new owners need lots of cash and a way round the FFP

we need someone who can buy some players that will make a difference.

That is not guaranteed by money it just raise the odds.

Lerner may have been rich enough, if we had of bought right.....The interest he has lost is buying players.

I fink dat if we iz boughted an da nu chairdude spends lotsa dolla, das gud.

I also fink dat if da nu chairdude dont spend lotsa dolla, das bad.

Dat iz my opinion innit?

Your spelling and grammar is poor.

Lambert out!

Great news for me. We definitely need a new direction and reinvigorating from top to bottom. The statement from Lerner outlines to me that once the season is finished there will be an announcement and not before so as to not distract from the task of staying up. Exciting times ahead I think!

I fink dat if we iz boughted an da nu chairdude spends lotsa dolla, das gud.

I also fink dat if da nu chairdude dont spend lotsa dolla, das bad.

Dat iz my opinion innit?

Your spelling and grammar is poor.

Lambert out!

Thats not english is it ?

Lambert out !

Guggenheim Partners

Isn't that the women's basketball team?

I think so yes they also own the LA Dodgers which would be the Baseball link. I think I'm right in saying that they have some sort of connection with Time Warner who we apparently recently signed a deal with recently, although I'm sure TIme Warner have business with lots of sporting clubs.

Defintely sold IMO.

Randy had the perfect opportunity to squash the rumours by saying 'The Club is not for sale' or 'The Club has not been bought'. He did absolutely neither. For instance the club has been bought with the condition we stay up, then he can say absolutely nothing to we are safe.

But what he did do was write Paul Lambert a glowing reference for his next job, when the new owners relieve him of his position in 4 games time. Pending we stay up!

I just hope its somebody with money to rebuild and a good plan.

So, will we get a new crest design?

The Telegraph article mentioned a "total rebranding", so let's hope so!

From memory the Lerner takeover dragged on throughout summer 2006 and wasn't actually completed until the September so it was a bit of a wasted season if exciting for what was to come...

Hopefully this can all be done by end of June so we can make a decision on the manager and get some exciting new players in.