$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Mark Walter isn't that rich on his own but he is part of the Guggenheim Partners, who own assets to the value of $200 Billion Dollars!!

I wasn't really sure what that would mean in regards to investment of a club, but they have purchased the LA Dodgers and just as an example of the money they have pumped into them:

'On January 15, 2014, the Dodgers agreed to a seven-year, $215 million, contract extension with pitcher Clayton Kershaw. The deal was the largest contract for a pitcher, ecliping Justin Verlander's deal from the previous year.[26]'

• Like 1

i think Mark Walter is the one trying to buy Villa. No chance for Larry Ellison.

What makes you think it would be Walter? Just wondering, he isn't much richer than Lerner is he?

Just a hunch. He is in to soccer. I remember reading an interview with him about the MLS. He's involved in a MLB franchise and he's american. He's got a bit of coin. AEG is another consortium like company who buy sports brands.. They could also be another that hasn't been named

i think Mark Walter is the one trying to buy Villa. No chance for Larry Ellison.

What makes you think it would be Walter? Just wondering, he isn't much richer than Lerner is he?

Just a hunch. He is in to soccer. I remember reading an interview with him about the MLS. He's involved in a MLB franchise and he's american. He's got a bit of coin. AEG is another consortium like company who buy sports brands.. They could also be another that hasn't been named

Ellison actually tried to buy AEG a few years back in an attempt to finally get an NFL franchise.

Mark Walter isn't that rich on his own but he is part of the Guggenheim Partners, who own assets to the value of $200 Billion Dollars!!

I wasn't really sure what that would mean in regards to investment of a club, but they have purchased the LA Dodgers and just as an example of the money they have pumped into them:

'On January 15, 2014, the Dodgers agreed to a seven-year, $215 million, contract extension with pitcher Clayton Kershaw. The deal was the largest contract for a pitcher, ecliping Justin Verlander's deal from the previous year.[26]'

Sheez, you could buy Villa with just that contract extension! We're just small change.

Sheez, you could buy Villa with just that contract extension! We're just small change.

Pretty nice contract for a guy that plays once every 5 games

Edited by maqroll

Mark Walter isn't that rich on his own but he is part of the Guggenheim Partners, who own assets to the value of $200 Billion Dollars!!

'On January 15, 2014, the Dodgers agreed to a seven-year, $215 million, contract extension with pitcher Clayton Kershaw. The deal was the largest contract for a pitcher, ecliping Justin Verlander's deal from the previous year.[26]'

If I have a boy baseball pitcher is his only sporting option. Get paid a ton of money to work 800 days in your entire life, and that work is throwing a ball.

Bloody hell. I am gobsmacked. I hope the new owners will not be planning a similar extension for Gabby :ph34r:

I fink dat if we iz boughted an da nu chairdude spends lotsa dolla, das gud.

I also fink dat if da nu chairdude dont spend lotsa dolla, das bad.

Dat iz my opinion innit?

My outlook precisly, as shallow as it might be. Money got game.

I fink dat if we iz boughted an da nu chairdude spends lotsa dolla, das gud.

I also fink dat if da nu chairdude dont spend lotsa dolla, das bad.

Dat iz my opinion innit?

My outlook precisly, as shallow as it might be. Money got game.

Fanx 4 finkin da same az me xxx :)

• Like 1

Well whatever happens fans shouldnt expect massive wages and huge contracts to be dished out to global superstars as we will still have to work within the means of FFP.

But at least it will be an improvement and we wont have to keep bin dipping in League 2 for the Jordan Bowery's of this world.

Lerner will want this done as quickly as possible so that he can wash his hands of us. Like said above, due diligence has likely been done already, and there's a good chance that all we need now is to confirm our safety. If that happens, I wouldn't rule out an announcement within the week of the season ending, a press conference with the new owner before the world cup, and a new manager announced before the WC final with the signings starting in July (depending on how deep the  new owner's pockets are).

The wording of Lerner's comments are more like a job reference for Lambert and Faulkner, with Lerner accepting all the blame for the shackles placed on his staff

The rumour I heard at the start of the season was that due diligence had been completed already.

However 2nd hand rumours have to be treated as such!

Edited by Nigel

You'd hope that the new owners would not only want to take over quickly in pre season but would also have a plan set in mind. You'd hope that they would appoint football men (like city have now done with the two from Barcelona and Vieira) who can help with decision making. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

You'd hope that the new owners would not only want to take over quickly in pre season but would also have a plan set in mind. You'd hope that they would appoint football men (like city have now done with the two from Barcelona and Vieira) who can help with decision making. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Well, with two of our coaches being dismissed and the head of our youth development retiring one could argue an overhaul is beginning to happen right under our noses.

• Like 2