$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

These last few games trying to secure our premier league status will be even more painful now. So much added pressure. Anyone else think Randy should have just come out and denied it?

Do not worry about it. They might not be a takeover even happening.  ;)

• Like 1

Randy Lerner will strive to sell Aston Villa this summer - with manager Paul Lambert's position also under serious threat.

Lerner’s failure to deny the club is for sale during a typically vague statement is the clearest indication yet that the chairman wants out.

Lambert has shrugged off talk of a multi-million-pound takeover at Villa – but the Birmingham Mail understands negotiations with a potential buyer - a mystery American billionaire - have already taken place , although it is far from a done deal.

There are suggestions, quite understandably, that the takeover depends on whether Villa can secure their Premier League status - and the riches which come with it - during the remaining four matches.

It is the latest development in a dramatic week at the club and could have far-reaching repercussions for the claret and blues this summer as the Villa Park fan base crave fresh investment to escape a four-year malaise.

Lerner is refusing to clarify the issue of his own role at Villa or reports about a £200 million takeover until the end of the season, which is also when Lambert plans crunch talks with the owner to determine his own fate.

In his statement on Sunday - his second in less than a week - Lerner revealed: “As regards my personal role at the club and the steady rumours of a sale, I will address these after the season.”

After a turbulent week, there are major question marks over Lambert’s future in the Villa dugout regardless of who is running the club next season.

The identity of the potential buyer remains shrouded in mystery, although reports in the Sunday press claimed he was an existing contact of Lerner with sporting interests in the United States.

Lerner praised the job Lambert has done under the financial restrictions set by the Villa board.

“Paul Lambert has done nothing but work within the parameters I've set, put the club first and continue to trust his players…" added Lerner. 

“Paul Lambert, Paul Faulkner and I speak daily and remain committed to the immediate job of limiting distraction and confusion in order that Villa have the best chance possible of finishing on a strong note."

(Photo by Shaun Botterill/Getty Image

Kendrick's take on things if nobody has seen it. 

I think it has to be happening to be honest. Lerner didn't come out and say anything at the end of last season, or the season before that. The fact that he has popped up again all of a sudden can't just be coincidence.

Sky says he's considering offers from united states and Russia.

may as well chuck the middle east in there too.

Sky sources understand it you throw enough shit some of it sticks.

• Like 1

Sky says he's considering offers from united states and Russia.

There's been literally nothing to suggest it'll be anyone from outside the States so far, so I'd take the Russian claims with a pinch of salt.

This is more about what they will do with the club 'worldwide' - we might have a new crest but I think the plans would be to make/take us more global.

Yep, I'm sure that's what they'd intend to do. A stronger Asian presence would be an smart start. I'd even try to make inroads into India, even though it's pretty much a cricket-only country. But I think with the world shrinking the way it is, the interest in the Premier League knows no borders. I don't see any other club tapping the Indian market. Even Blackburn don't seem to do much on that front.

But the current club crest will most likely be scrapped, and that day can't come soon enough.

Maybe it's Prince Williams and The Queen. She could make it against the law to beat Villa (if she can actually create new laws, I know nothing about these things..)

And also, if there is a new crest design, circular badge anyone?

Maybe it's Prince Williams and The Queen. She could make it against the law to beat Villa (if she can actually create new laws, I know nothing about these things..)

920x1090_fitbox-aston-villa-retro-1982-d

Surely. With a more prominent star above it, all the other clubs do it.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 2

Absolutely HAS to be circular

I'd like to see that. The star directly above it too like other clubs.

• Like 2

I think all clubs would like a stronger presence in Asia, but it's a difficult thing to achieve without the success to back it up. You're fighting against clubs such as Liverpool, United & Chelsea who already have a strong foot hold in the region.

For example, if you drive from Bangkok airport into the city centre, you see buildings draped in Man United branding, whilst in Japan they have several partnerships with big brands.

It's certainly a key to more revenue, but it's now a difficult market/region to penetrate. Unfortunately it'd have to come further down the line if/when we start winning things.