$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

It's the part about two Billionaires that interests me.

Someone posted a list of the NFL owners and not many of them are actually wealthier than Randy I don't think, so having more than one would help. I hope Lerner tells whoever may take over to get a manager in who won't piss all the money away like ours did. The £250m figure for players sounds stupidly high, they would have to be uber-rich to afford that.

Image what Lambo could do with all that money:

Another 15 left backs who can't defend

Another 25 strikers who can't score

Another 5 midfielders playing out of position

I'd like 11 Bentekes then spend the extra £170m on crisps

• Like 4

Whoever they are they don't have to be NFL owners someone in another thread mentioned the group who own the LA Dodgers which would tie in with the Liverpool/Boston Red Sox connection that's been made.

Edited by useless

Not only the rumours but the writing has been on the wall for some time that Lerner wants out-It was only a matter of time before the club was sold-Can't see why people find this so hard to comprehend?

This isn't to say we'll be the next Man City & most takeovers don't see extravagant spending these days.

Anything has got to be better than signing the likes of Tonev, Bowrey, Luna etc.

Hoping and praying to every god possible. All the events leading up to this could suggest a takeover but you never know. And I understand the need for the secrecy as Lerner would be left with his pants down and a massive backlash if we went down and the takeover didn't happen. We will be safe and we will get taken over... I hope!

Image what Lambo could do with all that money:

Another 15 left backs who can't defend

Another 25 strikers who can't score

Another 5 midfielders playing out of position

Lets try and keep this a negative free thread....plenty of other places for this!

• Like 2

Jesus, I had a dream last night about Villa. Didn't quite involve a takeover but the announcement that Paul Lambert was to be replaced by......

Manager_David_Moyes_shocked_2280617.jpg

TBH if the rumours are untrue Id bite my arm off to get him here!

Jesus, I had a dream last night about Villa. Didn't quite involve a takeover but the announcement that Paul Lambert was to be replaced by......

I'd like to discuss this further but i'm aware that it's slightly off topic!  ;)

Back on topic. I'd like to see Lambert given a season under new owners. If the policy is to bring in younger players I think Lambert has a good eye for talent. Yes not all of his signings have worked out but he does seem to have picked up a few of the more highly rated, cheaper youngsters and i'd hope with a  bit more money for fees and wages we can start looking at that next level.

However, if Klopp is available (Which he isn't) Lambert can do one!

Metro reckon £250mil will be given for new transfers!! similar to Liverpool all under 25 years old!! Hopefully cherry picking best youngsters around europe 

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/18/aston-villa-set-to-follow-liverpool-way-with-200million-takeover-4702794/

Aston Villa could be set to become the new Liverpool if two major American investors take over the club as expected at the end of the season.

Villa, who should avoid relegation to the Championship this season, are being targeted by two wealthy US-based investors ahead of a possible £200million take over.

According to the Telegraph, the deal will only go through if Paul Lambert’s men remain in the Premier League this term, but big plans are afoot.

If they enter the Villa hot seat, the new owners will reportedly try and recreate the success Liverpool since John W Henry took charge.

It’s thought that £250million will be made available for transfers, but just like the Reds, all deals would have to go through a transfer committee – with players under 25 the target.

Villa are already under American ownership, with Randy Lerner in charge, but he has cooled his plans to heavily invest in the team in recent seasons.

More on the possible takeover is expected to come out at the end of the campaign.

the new Liverpool. could we not be called something less vile

I'd like to discuss this further but i'm aware that it's slightly off topic!  ;)

Copy it over to the managers thread if you want to discuss it.

Does it ultimately matter if we get some rich owners though? Isn't FFP going to prevent clubs from spending more than their income?

A rich owner has ways to increase our income via sponsorship deals etc. if he wants to.
Yeah. Rename the ground? Rename the club? Change the colours? **** that, I'd rather be relegated.
  • Like 1