$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

One of the investors is Micky Arison, owner of the NBA side, Miami Heat.

He was one of the names being speculated about on TBAR. It is only speculation but Arison is a long time successful sports owner who is used to paying big wages to winners. Would be a good shout imo. 

Russia? Oh god no. Say what you want about lerner but i don't think he'd ever sell to someone he didnt think was right.

If it was another Abramovich then I'd have no problem whatsoever.

• Like 1

Let's just hope we don't end up being a rich Reading look-a-like team, I just want a new owner with passion for the club, a owner who shows up and support the club! Yes a lot of money is always welcome but for me being there and actually try and make things better is the most important thing. I love watching the Wigan owner. He really loves the club and I always get a smile on my face when I see him celebrate on TV!

Football has changed so much over the years, we have to move with the times. I remember the uproar when the old Trinity Rd stand went-No-one bats an eyelid about it these days.

We can't fill the ground & we're one of the cheapest in the PL. We have to accept that income needs to come from other sources, unless of course we're all prepared to pay another £10 or £20 a game to watch.

I personally want to see a winning side, I don't care what the grounds called & I don't care if the owner attends games or not, just so long as he backs us financially.

• Like 1

I agree if it happens we wants people who know what they are doing.

FFP is going to come up a lot. If (and still a big if) these are serious takeover dudes and not some guys wanting to turnover a quick buck.

So FFP explained - can we get around it? Yes, of course we can. Financial Fair Play isn't really the correct name for the policy. It's main purpose is to stop clubs going under doing a Portsmouth etc and to guarantee the future of clubs. For that purpose it serves well. We can get Mullier Yogurt for example to sponsor us for £10 billion over 25 years. This would be fine as the club could spend shiit loads but still be within the 'loss' limits as the losses are being offset by sponsorship money.

So if the Man City lot and Chelsea owners were to up and leave, they'd in the long-term suffer a fall from grace but financially they'll be ok due to the FFP loss limits restrictions.

Massively jumping the gun here just explaining how it works.

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 2

Ticket prices is one very real concern by the way. For all the moaning about Lerner, we are one of the cheapest teams to see in the league. I would expect that to change.

You'd expect the tickets to be cheap if you only see 5 wins at home - 7 max now - in a season!

• Like 1