$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

It's all a bit shit really, whichever way it goes. The real fans will still mean **** all in the scheme of things.

Sadly after 50+ years I think it is probably time for me to move on as I feel my club is moving even further away from the fans. IF it is is another mega wealthy individual our club will be no more important than their **** boat!

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 2

It's all a bit shit really, whichever way it goes. The real fans will still mean **** all in the scheme of things.

Sadly after 50+ years I think it is probably time for me to move on as I feel my club is moving even further away from the fans. IF it is is another mega wealthy individual our club will be no more important than their **** boat!

I can feel your pain Mike, but what's the alternative?

I can feel your pain Mike, but what's the alternative?

There isn't one. :-(

I've said it before he has zero interest in football.

On top of that he doesn't need an investment vehicle (Villa) to open doors for the business he is in and wouldn't need a partner to buy us as he could set 200m on fire and it wouldn't affect him.

We'll remember a couple of months back some of the papers claiming that The Dalian Wanda Group wanted to buy Southampton only for that Group to deny it. Thats why I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

Mentioned it in the RL thread but Paul Allen is a part owner of the Seattle Sounders in the MLS so a potentially credible football fan

With everything he has done for the franchises he owns in American sports i.e. new stadiums, player investment, winning stuff; he would be my choice.

Similar to ITSOTP I've learned better than to get excited so focus is on Saturday for me with the hope of a significant performance and 3 points

I'm not cheering anything yet, no matter how necessary it is. There's just so many pitfalls to avoid with a new owner. Will it be an Allam, who will only give us money if we change our name to Birmingham Dragons to make us more appealing to Chinese betting syndicates? A Zingarevich who just doesn't care? A Yeung or a Shinawatra who'll cause a crisis with their personal shadiness? An Abramovic or Cellini who'll sack the manager every 6 months? A Ridsdale who'll send us into administration? A Tan who'll insist on briefing the press against the manager and choosing who to pick?

I'm cautiously hopeful, but there's a lot worse owners than Lerner out there. We might be back here in a year or two reminiscing about him yet.