$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

So we should start to set up our dream eleven then? I go first

----------------------Guzan----------------------------

New guy--------Okore---Vlaar------Bertrand

------------------Barry------Delph--------------------

Muniain-------------Belhanda-------Agbonlahor

---------------------Benteke-----------------------------

I think if the rumoured transfer kitty is accurate I think you can probably dream a little higher than that. We could sign Messi and Ronaldo and still have enough change for 12 Lambert-esque League 1 signings lol.. That said I don't dare to dream. Summer transfer windows for Villa are depressing enough at times. I don't want the thought of "what could have been" looming over this one if this takeover rumour is nothing but a rumour. 

It does make you wonder if this rumoured takeover is dependent on premier league survival why our esteemed owner did not splash a little cash in January?

After all you don't have to be Einstein to realise that a buyer would want us to be in the PL and that would give RL the best price. OK he may not have had firm interest at that time, and he may not now, but its been fairly obvious that he wants out for months.

Because why would he put more milions into something hes about to sell especially given that fact that he probably assumed we'd be a little more comfortable than we are.

Could make for very interesting transfer and new manager threads.

If the club has new owners, I think Lambert will stay in order to provide some continuity. I don't think the transfer policy will be radically different anyway (if the new owner has a brain). as we'll likely still sign 'young and hungry' players but of a higher standard.

I don't think we'll see a repeat of Chelsea/PSG/Citeh at Villa Park, is all I'm saying. If the new owners are 'merican, with an interest in the Premier League, then the success of Liverpool's approach can't have escaped their notice. However, Liverpool are a much 'bigger' club than we are, and can afford players like Suarez and Sturridge, and perhaps more importantly, they can hold on to them. I fear, regardless of investment, that we'll hit that glass ceiling once more and have our team picked apart by the Top 4 vultures, as we saw with O'Neill's team.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 1

I think if the rumoured transfer kitty is accurate I think you can probably dream a little higher than that. We could sign Messi and Ronaldo and still have enough change for 12 Lambert-esque League 1 signings lol.. That said I don't dare to dream. Summer transfer windows for Villa are depressing enough at times. I don't want the thought of "what could have been" looming over this one if this takeover rumour is nothing but a rumour. 

The four problems with that formation are give away Delph, too old Barry, error ridden Vlaar and no score Agbonlahor

• Like 1

The four problems with that formation are give away Delph, too old Barry, error ridden Vlaar and no score Agbonlahor

Cool story bro.

Could make for very interesting transfer and new manager threads.

If the club has new owners, I think Lambert will stay in order to provide some continuity. I don't think the transfer policy will be radically different anyway (if the new owner has a brain). as we'll likely still sign 'young ad hungry' players but of a higher standard.

I don't think we'll see a repeat of Chelsea/PSG/Citeh at Villa Park, is all I'm saying. If the new owners are 'merican, with an interest in the Premier League, then the success of Liverpool's approach can't have escaped their notice. However, Liverpool are a much 'bigger' club than we are, and can afford players like Suarez and Sturridge, and perhaps more importantly, they can hold on to them. I fear, regardless of investment, that we'll hit that glass ceiling once more and have our team picked apart by the Top 4 vultures, as we saw with O'Neill's team.

Fair points CED, though pre-takeover I wouldn't have said Man City were a bigger club than ourselves. Its obviously all just rumour atm and dependent on the ambition of the potential new owners, but, if we were taken over by someone both wealthy enough, and also ambitious enough, I'd disagree with the view we have a "glass ceiling"

Just my opinion of course.

:D The bitterness has already started. Comment below from one Liverpool supporter on RAWK.

Not a chance. If it was then why buy Villa? There are more popular, already better, clubs out there which they could throw that much money at and have a better chance of success.

Surely if the players are aware of a takeover they'll be fighting to keep their places?

Image what Lambo could do with all that money:

Another 15 left backs who can't defend

Another 25 strikers who can't score

Another 5 midfielders playing out of position

like Benteke and Kozak?

No, like Bowery and Helenius.

They cost about £2m combined.

Indeed and are they any better than Fonz - just money thrown away.