Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

Indont think Stannis lighting up his daughter was out of character, more a progression of where his single bloody mindedness was/is taking him.

He has already BBQ'd his brother in law, wanted to torch his nephew and is frequently described as iron, strong, but unable to bend for fear of breaking. That's where this inability to take a step backwards comes from and determination to plod ever onwards in his desire to sit on the throne.

He wasn't ever heading back north and if the only way he can head south is to make a sacrifice, even a massive personal one, then he will do it.

Ser Meryn Trant is the guy from the Kings Guard who killed Arya's sword instructer 

did he now ?

He was sent into that room to get Ayra.  Syrio Forel stepped in to save her.  I guess it doesn't really matter whether he lived or died, Arya has very reason to believe that Meryn Trant was trying to kill or imprison her

i dont really see how you can say its out of character when theres barely been any time to develop stannis character at all. If anything, most of his scenes is about his faith to the LoL. So it seems totally in character. 

Isnt the kid forever locked away usually in a dark room due to her "disease"? Doesnt sound the greatest loving father in the world

Edited by gharperr

Did anyone else find the dragon bit at the end shite.The episode started well,covering a few more storylines than usual.But after last weeks finish,I kind of expected more.

They don't have the budget for proper CGI so any dragon scene is always going to be terrible. That one was especially bad though.

i dont really see how you can say its out of character when theres barely been any time to develop stannis character at all. If anything, most of his scenes is about his faith to the LoL. So it seems totally in character.

Isnt the kid forever locked away usually in a dark room due to her "disease"? Doesnt sound the greatest loving father in the world

Her mother wants her kept locked away. Stannis has always fought her corner.

With regards his character as I have explained they have spent the best part of 2 seasons with him showing his love for her. In the books he even says something along the lines of "if I fail, make sure my daughter sits on the throne". It'll be interesting to see how they sell this turnaround in the books.

Maybe I've paid too close attention to Stannis, he is one of my favourite characters. He seemed pretty determined only one episode ago that he WOULD NOT sacrifice her. Seems he bent too easily to me...

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

The only consideration Stannis shows is for his ultimate goal, and on ocassions Melisandre and Davos. A bloke who murdered his own brother, brother in law, tried to murder his nephew for his cause isn't above BBQing his daughter. As we've seen and as we will (eventually) be able to read.

Stannis cannot bend or he will break.

Edited by Ads

So you are suggesting he wants a fresh young girl who might be about the same age as Ayra? :detect:

No spoilers ofc, just a theory as this stuff hasn't happened in any of the books.

It's looking like a reworking of the chapter 'Mercy' which has been pre released from Winds of Winter. Looks like Ser Meryn is subbing in for Raff the Sweetling.

The only consideration Stannis shows is for his ultimate goal, and on ocassions Melisandre and Davos. A bloke who murdered his own brother, brother in law, tried to murder his nephew for his cause isn't above BBQing his daughter. As we've seen and as we will (eventually) be able to read.

Stannis cannot bend or he will break.

Exactly. Ever since the first episode his name was mentioned it's been noted above all else that Stannis is 'a hard man' and how cold he can be.

Yes, we saw a more tender side to him when it came to his daughter -- although even then he wasn't exactly affectionate, he didn't even hug her back a couple of episodes ago -- but that just makes the decision he made that much more dramatic.

His sense of duty comes above all else. That's the kind of character Stannis has always been and the show has never wavered from that.

Edited by Ginko

The red lady tells him to do something. He does it. Things go right.

He doesn't do it. They don't (blackwater, supplies being burned)

Simple as that

Edited by StefanAVFC

Â