Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

I disagree.

It shows the devotion to his faith and how far he is willing to go in order to rule.

It's important to note that the last time he didn't follow the red lady, he failed.

Why don't we wait and see how it affects the storyline before condemning it?

haven't condemned the story(stannis) line ...more so this series ..needs to improve next season in my opinion or viewers will go down then networks will panic and it will end up been utterly shite

I disagree.

It shows the devotion to his faith and how far he is willing to go in order to rule.

It's important to note that the last time he didn't follow the red lady, he failed.

Why don't we wait and see how it affects the storyline before condemning it?

In fairness I'm not an idiot, I have followed the story as close as anyone and I understand his *potential* motivations. What I don't agree with is that the storytelling portrayed these anywhere near clear enough. You can argue they have not had the time, well again it is their job as showrunners to work within those constraints. It was ham fisted and I am disappointed.

Sorry to bring football into this, but it's a bit like saying "well he obviously wants us to play another way because that's how we played at the end of his first season". No matter how you spin it, it's not good enough.

How it effects the story is irrelevant. Grounded in its own reality, the one they created, it would never have happened. Simple.

IMO.

I'll keep watching. I still like the show.

I agree it was rushed. But that's the nature of the beast. They simply don't have enough time so they've kinda had to portray it like they did (especially because GRRM said that's going to happen in the books)

I think agree to disagree although I agree with some things you say (and I'd argue more in depth but I'm on my phone on a train :D )

I agree it was rushed. But that's the nature of the beast. They simply don't have enough time so they've kinda had to portray it like they did (especially because GRRM said that's going to happen in the books)

I think agree to disagree although I agree with some things you say (and I'd argue more in depth but I'm on my phone on a train :D )

He said that? Can't see how it will play out, Stannis is still pretty set on only murdering criminals and Melisandre and his family stayed at Castle Black.

It's definitely not keeping in with his character.

That's the point though isn't it? Showing how much he wants this and how the hunt for glory can drive even the people who appear to be "good" to do horrible things.

As far as how he's been portrayed in the show, I'd say his unpredictability is a core feature of his character. Cruelty and mercy in equal measures to those he holds closest to him. And just when you think you've got him pegged, he goes and burns his daughter alive. In terms of message, if anything, it's another swipe at the stupidity and barbarity of blind faith and religion.

I agree with Zatman, the Arya storyline has gone cold for me. I don't care about the two faced god and her little struggle anymore. And the abandoning of the Brienne storyline kind of deflates the whole notion of having a storyline.

But despite it's flaws, it's a show that can still dazzle. The ending scenes in the last 2 episodes were awesome, in the real sense of the word.

All will be forgiven if Davos' return and subsequent enquiry as to the whereabouts of Shireen plays out like that scene from League Of Gentleman.

"We didn't burn him!"

• Like 4

Brienne is just stood there waiting for Sansa to light a candle....  There's not much need to keep showing her stood there waiting :D

She's not going to light one is she?  Theon/Reek told Ramsay everything, Ramsay flayed the old lady who instructed her to put a candle in the tower which basically put an end to Sansa's hopes of escaping Winterfell. 

Brienne is just stood there waiting for Sansa to light a candle.... There's not much need to keep showing her stood there waiting :D

She's not going to light one is she? Theon/Reek told Ramsay everything, Ramsay flayed the old lady who instructed her to put a candle in the tower which basically put an end to Sansa's hopes of escaping Winterfell.

Not sure, if Theon turns on Ramsey and kills him, then let's Sansa escape then there's opportunity for her to do it still. I wouldn't be surprised if that was in next weeks episode, though its complete guesswork.

I agree with Zatman, the Arya storyline has gone cold for me. I don't care about the two faced god and her little struggle anymore. And the abandoning of the Brienne storyline kind of deflates the whole notion of having a storyline.

But despite it's flaws, it's a show that can still dazzle. The ending scenes in the last 2 episodes were awesome, in the real sense of the word.

Isn't the many face God guy not the lad who taught her how to sword fight

The annoying thing about last night's episode is that the 'mythical' fighting skills of the great Unsullied, one Unsullied worth 100 fighting men, were ambushed the other week, and now last week were practically getting there arse kicked last night against the masked men.

The outrage about the girl burning, the rape scenes, etc are pretty hilarious. If you're so outraged you should stick to Birds of a Feather or Downtown Abbey.

• Like 1

The outrage about the girl burning, the rape scenes, etc are pretty hilarious. If you're so outraged you should stick to Birds of a Feather or Downtown Abbey.

I don't think it's the acts themselves (the rape/burning etc) that people have been bothered about. It's more that some people are saying they have been badly written in the context of the characters, either the perpetrator or the victim.

In other words, done for the shock value and not for the good of the story.

Â