Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

I agree with Zatman, the Arya storyline has gone cold for me. I don't care about the two faced god and her little struggle anymore. And the abandoning of the Brienne storyline kind of deflates the whole notion of having a storyline.

But despite it's flaws, it's a show that can still dazzle. The ending scenes in the last 2 episodes were awesome, in the real sense of the word.

Isn't the many face God guy not the lad who taught her how to sword fight

He is that lad, but he's turned into a bit of a sanctimonious bore, not quite the renegade ninja hero he was in King's Landing

So...anyone getting the sense that the show will end, allowing Martin to churn out more material, but subsequent visual material will be strictly film releases?

Edited by maqroll

I'd have thought HBO own a good chunk of his material, including the rights to away prequel stuff or spin offs, doesn't mean they won't do TV movies or mini dramas in the fashion of john Adams / Mildred Pearce or game change though rather than a 7 series 10 episode thing

It is a theory that Syrio is Jaqen, but I don't buy it myself.

In the books, the guy who teaches Arya the ways of the Faceless men isn't Jaqen. Well, I suppose it COULD be, but the TV show changed that part. In the books I don't think his identity is given, just that he is portrayed as an old man.

Edited by Ginko

The unsullied are not close quarters fighters. They are experts on the battlefield.

This.   The whole thing is a metaphor though, isn't it?   The US military is the finest fighting force the world has ever seen, they have more resources than anybody else on the planet and technology which is years or even decades ahead of what their enemies have.  

Remind me: How did they do in Afghanistan against a bunch of rabble with 60 year old rifles? 

Agreed. I know the general rule of TV and films is that if you don't see someone die, there's a good chance they're not dead, and that could still be the case with Syrio, but I think it might have just been a bit of an oversight and something they didn't feel was important enough to wrap up.

If he had survived you would have thought his name would have been brought up again in King's Landing, and the fact that Meryn Trant is still alive doesn't bode well for Syrio's fate.

The outrage about the girl burning, the rape scenes, etc are pretty hilarious. If you're so outraged you should stick to Birds of a Feather or Downtown Abbey.

I don't think it's the acts themselves (the rape/burning etc) that people have been bothered about. It's more that some people are saying they have been badly written in the context of the characters, either the perpetrator or the victim.

In other words, done for the shock value and not for the good of the story.

Exactly.

Donnie - rather than that moronic sly dig, try reading what people write. Thanks.

Agreed. I know the general rule of TV and films is that if you don't see someone die, there's a good chance they're not dead, and that could still be the case with Syrio, but I think it might have just been a bit of an oversight and something they didn't feel was important enough to wrap up.

I agree with Zatman, the Arya storyline has gone cold for me. I don't care about the two faced god and her little struggle anymore. And the abandoning of the Brienne storyline kind of deflates the whole notion of having a storyline.

But despite it's flaws, it's a show that can still dazzle. The ending scenes in the last 2 episodes were awesome, in the real sense of the word.

He is that lad, but he's turned into a bit of a sanctimonious bore, not quite the renegade ninja hero he was in King's Landing

He walks around like a drugged up 70s prog rocker and talks like a cross between Clement Freud and Yoda. What's he on?

He walks around like a drugged up 70s prog rocker and talks like a cross between Clement Freud and Yoda. What's he on?

Bad dialogue.

'bout tree...tree fiddy.

Â