Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

So when Dany closed her eyes was she somehow communicating with the dragon in a moment of desperation/distress or was it pure chance the dragon turned up? I assumed she communicated somehow....

How have you all seen it already!

This thing called the internet :D
That's cheating! 9pm Sky Atlantic is how it should be viewed.

It's on Sky Atlantic 2am...which is good for us night workers.

So when Dany closed her eyes was she somehow communicating with the dragon in a moment of desperation/distress or was it pure chance the dragon turned up? I assumed she communicated somehow....

its a long held rumour that there are 3 dragon riders/tamers. Jon Snow, Dany and Tyrion. 3 secret Targs. I'm calling internet bullshit on that.

In the books when the dragon turns up at the fighting pit its attracted by the noise and the smell....but that's hard to convey on TV without dialogue which wouldn't have worked mid scene in this case.

One problem I do have with the series is how they horribly telegraph stuff season to season. Shereen burning was so obvious from 3 episodes ago.....saved by a well directed and acted scene. I found that a really rough watch.

Edited by Eames
  • Like 1

its a long held rumour that there are 3 dragon riders/tamers. Jon Snow, Dany and Tyrion. 3 secret Targs. I'm calling internet bullshit on that.

In the books when the dragon turns up at the fighting pit its attracted by the noise and the smell....but that's hard to convey on TV without dialogue which wouldn't have worked mid scene in this case.

One problem I do have with the series is how they horribly telegraph stuff season to season. Shereen burning was so obvious from 3 episodes ago.....saved by a well directed and acted scene. I found that a really rough watch.

wish you kind of put the "long held rumour" outside of the spoiler. thought it was just going to be about the tv show xD :P

Edited by gharperr

That's cheating! 9pm Sky Atlantic is how it should be viewed.

It's aired at 2am on sky Atlantic so you don't have to wait until 9pm

Thinking about it it's actually got me a bit excited about next week, melisandre is about to unleash something on the boltons, then add 2 things from the book -

jon snow getting stabbed and the walk of shame! I'm half convinced that bloody kid is going to do something but then they actually showed Bowen marsh tonight so maybe not

I was really annoyed.

It did not have to be that brutal, at all. I understand that in Game of Thrones shock comes with the territory, moments like the Red Wedding will rightly go down in televisual history. But the burning of a minor (completely out of character too I might add, making it even more so needless) and the rape of a minor, however "realistic" to the world they might be, are frankly shocking JUST for the sake of it and that doesn't sit well with me.

I think it jumped the shark last night. Very disappointed. Really enjoyed the Drogon bit though.

Theories (no idea if it's book related or what as I don't read them) that Jon is the kid of Rhaegar and Ned's sister

R+L=J ?

Yeah.....pretty sure that's where this is going long term.

NB. Haven't spoiler tabbed that because if you know you're spoiled anyway and if you don't know it will make no sense whatsoever.

Edited by Eames

Apparently the yoof killing was martins idea and taken from the next book

Surprised you didn't mention the "younger" scene though, that wasn't really needed, bit part character, already know he's a bastard, no need to make him have a thing for young girls

Edited by villa4europe

R+L=J ?

Yeah.....pretty sure that's where this is going long term.

NB. Haven't spoiler tabbed that because if you know you're spoiled anyway and if you don't know it will make no sense whatsoever.

Aye

Surprised you didn't mention the "younger" scene though, that wasn't really needed, bit part character, already know he's a bastard, no need to make him have a thing for young girls

Sets up Arya to pretend to be an underage prostitute and kill him though

• Like 4

The series really has laid it on thick with foreshadowing.

The particularly grim moment from this week was, as others have said, obviously coming from weeks ago (although I don't think anyone would bet on it being quite so horrific...).

And (theory/guesswork possible significant spoilers for next week's finale/next season, non book reader)

the show has spent this entire series setting up the kid at Castle Black doing something to Jon Snow, given how often the camera has needlessly lingered on him seemingly randomly, given that he serves no other purpose in the show. He's obviously going to be stabbing Jon Snurh fairly shortly. What money on a cliffhanger is he isn't he dead season ender?

Unless next week is one of the greatest episodes of anything ever, I think this has to go down as a weak series. It's still perfectly good television, better than most crap, but this is a series that has been spread very, very thin.

think she's going to deal with him the way she dealt with Raff the Sweetling in the Winds of Winter excerpt, 'Mercy'.

I was really annoyed.

It did not have to be that brutal, at all. I understand that in Game of Thrones shock comes with the territory, moments like the Red Wedding will rightly go down in televisual history. But the burning of a minor (completely out of character too I might add, making it even more so needless) and the rape of a minor, however "realistic" to the world they might be, are frankly shocking JUST for the sake of it and that doesn't sit well with me.

I think it jumped the shark last night. Very disappointed. Really enjoyed the Drogon bit though.

The first episode of the entire show showed Golden Boy Lannister throw the young Stark boy out the tower window. Cruelty to youth in the show was established from the very start and has continued throughout, so as difficult as the burning of the girl was, it's not like there isn't a precedent. The show is brutal, which is probably it's greatest attraction, I'd argue.

Â