Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

His own daughter.

Jamie pushed Bran out of a window to protect his, it was an act born of love and lust. Stannis burned his own daughter alive for, what, faith?? Come on now, I know he has had his moments but can you truly say that is in keeping with his character?

There's brutal which is all good with me and then there is just plain nasty because you've got nothing better up your sleeve.

So I'm not annoyed because it "upset" me as such, I can handle it just fine, I'm annoyed because she show, source material and all, seems to have ran out of steam. It no longer has a grandiose feel to it, it's all just a bit video nasty and a bit silly.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

It feels like the scene from the other week with Stannis explaining to her why he didn't send her to the colony, added nothing to the story but was just a way to manipulate the audience into being even more shocked/upset by the sacrifice scene, a cheap trick and one this show seems to like pulling.

Edited by useless

The unsullied were trained on a regime of cruelty and slavery and arguably spending too much time in Mereen as glorified constables has made them soft.

Plus it's a bit hard to defend yourself when surrounded by dagger wielding nutcases when all you've got is a six foot long spear.

• Like 1

The unsullied were trained on a regime of cruelty and slavery and arguably spending too much time in Mereen as glorified constables has made them soft.

Plus it's a bit hard to defend yourself when surrounded by dagger wielding nutcases when all you've got is a six foot long spear.

Why don't they carry swords too? Surely they must have trained to use swords as well as spears? 

You'd think after the last ambush they would have learnt a lesson... 

They defended their queen perfectly well. There was what, about 10 of them against hundreds of Harpy. Did any of the Unsullied die?

People seem to confuse being a great warrior, even the best warrior, with being invincible.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

They defended their queen perfectly well. There was what, about 10 of them against hundreds of Harpy. Did any of the Unsullied die?

People seem to confuse being a great warrior, even the best warrior, with being invincible.

Loads of them died. 

These are great warriors against rich folk who have a thirst for blood. Plus, there was thousands of the unsullied originally, where have they all gone? 

Edited by PieFacE

It's definitely not keeping in with his character.

That's the point though isn't it? Showing how much he wants this and how the hunt for glory can drive even the people who appear to be "good" to do horrible things.

• Like 1

It's definitely not keeping in with his character.

That's the point though isn't it? Showing how much he wants this and how the hunt for glory can drive even the people who appear to be "good" to do horrible things.

Thats what i took from it.    He loved his daughter, but he loved the thought and power of being King even more.   

He is willing to do anything, absolutely anything to get that throne. 

So at last people are agreeing that g.o.t may be about to jump the shark

If you mean no longer reaching its own impossibly high standards then yes, possibly.

If you mean at a similar level of cluelessness to when Arthur Fonzarelli attempted to waterski over a great white shark whilst wearing a leather jacket, then no, probably not.

its not jumping the shark its just becoming more and more unmanageable due to the size of it

the quality jumps about all over the shop, the battle at the end of last weeks episode was great, last nights was shit, both in terms of CGI and acting, at times the writing is superb, tyrion and dany last week, other times its really weak,they should have binned all of the stuff for dorne

not sure if the different locations use different crews and its noticeable 

too many deadwood storylines for me. 

- Arya story is a waste of time

-Brienne was in 1st 2 episodes and hasnt been in it for a while

Cut them 2 and maybe added more meat to Dorne and Sons of Harpy would have made it a better series

• Like 1

The guy who plays stannis is very good

He is. Maybe that's my biggest problem, they totally stripped him of his character last night, now he is just another baddie in a world full of baddies. He's no longer complex, he's just boring.

In the past they have shown him to be caught under Melisandra's "spell", but they gave up on that a couple of seasons ago so it made no sense for him to crumble so quickly to her wants. They utterly failed to show the desperation of his situation too which might have given him enough motive to do what he did. Instead they spent a loooong time showing how much he loves his daughter, beyond even his claim to the thrown, only for him to literally throw her to the flames as soon as the going gets tough.

Poor writing, completely unnecessary shock tactics, just plain dumb, lowest common denominator storytelling all round.

Fail.

• Like 1

The guy who plays stannis is very good

He is. Maybe that's my biggest problem, they totally stripped him of his character last night, now he is just another baddie in a world full of baddies. He's no longer complex, he's just boring.

In the past they have shown him to be caught under Melisandra's "spell", but they gave up on that a couple of seasons ago so it made no sense for him to crumble so quickly to her wants. They utterly failed to show the desperation of his situation too which might have given him enough motive to do what he did. Instead they spent a loooong time showing how much he loves his daughter, beyond even his claim to the thrown, only for him to literally throw her to the flames as soon as the going gets tough.

Poor writing, completely unnecessary shock tactics, just plain dumb, lowest common denominator storytelling all round.

Fail.

Although they did show a Clip from season two where stannis was told to be king those close would pay .....family and friends ......but killing his only child will probably have broken him and he will end up a jorah type character

I disagree.

It shows the devotion to his faith and how far he is willing to go in order to rule.

It's important to note that the last time he didn't follow the red lady, he failed.

Why don't we wait and see how it affects the storyline before condemning it?

• Like 1

Â