Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

Reading the reviews online, the general consensus seems to be that the final episode is an big improvement over last weeks and one of the strongest episodes in the season.

At least it'll go out on a (slightly) higher note than expected for most people.

I'm still looking forward to watching it later.

Spoiler
  • The other leaders of Westeros agreeing to put a Stark with no claim on the throne AND give the North Independence. Lmao why would Dorne/The Iron Islands agree to that?
  • Punishing Jon after the only people who wanted Jon punished
  • Keeping a Night's Watch. There's nothing to protect from anymore. 
  • The Unsullied going to Naarth. The lore states that outsiders die there due to the poisonous butterflies.
  • Drogon not killing Jon.
  • **** Bronn as anything.
  • 8 seasons of buildup for Dany to be stabbed and almost be forgotten about within 5 mins of the episode.
  • A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE.
  • THE HAND OF THE KING AND KILLER OF HIS FATHER NOT BEING MENTIONED - it was just a 'funny quip' I know, but it didn't work. Tyrion has been key to the whole saga.
  • Too many important characters survived.
  • Master of coin, ex sellsword, wanted to spend the Crown's money on brothels. HILARIOUS!!!

As Stevo said, they should have done 9 seasons. Season 7 the dead, Season 8 Cersei and season 9 Dany. They had enough material to do it. Instead they essentially ruined a great series in their own decision to rush to the end. What a waste.

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Reading the reviews online, the general consensus seems to be that the final episode is an big improvement over last weeks and one of the strongest episodes in the season.

At least it'll go out on a (slightly) higher note than expected for most people.

No spoilers of what happened, but just my opinion of it so don't read until after maybe?

Spoiler

Sorry to disappoint you but, IMO, it was one of the worst episodes of Thrones EVER. It was a parody of itself.

39 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I'd agree with that.

I still don't think it was great, but as a wrap up episode, which is what we always get in the final episode of a season, it was fine.

I think it was one of the better episodes of the season.

• Like 2

Think they wrapped up that as good as anyone could have hoped for.

Bit funny reading on the internet and people seem a bit angry that it wasn't as bad as they were hoping it would be so they are furious about it :D 

Currently rated 5.0 on IMDB 

Edit: 

Spoiler

Funny how they trolled the people who were outraged about Jon not petting Ghost

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm less disappointed with that episode than I have been with a lot of this season.

Thought it was a fairly decent wrap up

However I agree that

Reveal hidden contents

the council scene was crap. Why the **** is Bronn there? I hope GRRM kills that word removed early.

The biggest problem is still the rushing. Yet again

Reveal hidden contents

one of the biggest tyrants and threats to the kingdom gets killed in a single stab

This whole season should have been 3 seasons. One for the battle with the dead (and all the build up/fall out), one for the overthrowing of Cersei and one for the build up to what happens in this episode

I would put money on HBO not being able to get the cast and crew to commit to another 3 years of their careers. I recon they managed to negotiate 6 episodes out of the cast and did what they could with it. 

• Like 3

Hmmm.... yeah I'm not sure the cast would dedicate another 3 seasons, but they should have at least made this season 10-13 episodes. I'm sure the cast would have agreed to that to wrap the story up well. 

15 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I would put money on HBO not being able to get the cast and crew to commit to another 3 years of their careers. I recon they managed to negotiate 6 episodes out of the cast and did what they could with it. 

Yeah possibly. Although money talks.

But by all accounts wasn't it the directors/creators who were the ones rushing it through?

29 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Apparently it was all D+D's decision

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Apparently it was all D+D's decision

They are both attached to an upcoming Star Wars project set to air in 2022.

I wasn't prepared for how shit that was, and even in a generally rubbish season I thought it was a lowlight.

The scene with Jon and Dany had some of the worst dialogue in the entire show, and the scene with all of the Lords in which they had to just grab every minor character they still had to pad the numbers, lol. 

The pacing ruined so much again, such as jumping from Dany dying, to several weeks later, but I have no doubt even if they'd had more time, it'd just have been more garbage. 

Season 8 has shit all over the legacy of this show. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah possibly. Although money talks.

But by all accounts wasn't it the directors/creators who were the ones rushing it through?

Yeah. The showrunners stated in an interview that HBO gave them unlimited money and unlimited time to make this show. HBO wanted at least 10 seasons, GRRM wanted even more than that, but the showrunners decided they wanted the show to run about 73 hours so here we are with a rushed final few seasons for no reason really.

5 hours ago, sne said:

They are both attached to an upcoming Star Wars project set to air in 2022.

They are writing for the upcoming next Star Wars Trilogy of movies. The issue is they are movies. They would have had time to do those movies and carry on the show. I think ultimately the showrunners just got bored of working on the same show for 8 years, and faced with a brand new project they figured out the fastest way to wrap up the show. 

• Like 3

Â