Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

23 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Was the clue when Danaerys told him that she'd get rid of him if he did anything else wrong, at which point he went straight out, did a big treason and acknowledged that she would execute him as a result? 

It's been less "teased" and more "punched in the face, had it's lunch money stolen and had it's head flushed down the toilet".

This is a very interesting point. Tyrion snitches on Varys for committing treason, and then does the same thing 5 minutes later. So dumb. He obviously doesn't care about treason that much. 

Edited by PieFacE

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

This is a very interesting point. Tyrion snitches on Varys for committing treason, and then does the same thing 5 minutes later. So dumb. He obviously doesn't care about treason that much. 

He might care but the writers dont 😉😂

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Just don't get the hype about this show. Good thing the final season is here. Lots of effects, weak story and kinda boring.

Why have you persisted with it? 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Why have you persisted with it? 

Because I have slight OCD I guess 😂

I watch X amount of shows on flix and hbo, and even if I get bored I normally finish the season I am in. Same goes for a show called Suits. I've watched every single episode, yet I swear it got boring 4-5 seasons ago. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Because I have slight OCD I guess 😂

I watch X amount of shows on flix and hbo, and even if I get bored I normally finish the season I am in. Same goes for a show called Suits. I've watched every single episode, yet I swear it got boring 4-5 seasons ago. 

I get that. Sometimes you have to think, no time to ditch. 

23 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Everyone excited for this? No?

I can't not watch, after all this time, but I imagine it's going to feel like taking my dog to the vet for the last time. 

It'll be another Lost type ending. They'll try and throw in a curve ball for the sake of it, and it'll all end up a big mess. There are too many things left to wrap up in 90mins

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

It'll be another Lost type ending. They'll try and throw in a curve ball for the sake of it, and it'll all end up a big mess. There are too many things left to wrap up in 90mins

It's felt very "Lost" to me since the beginning of this season. Will finish with loads of things unanswered, a feeling of being unfulfilled and a weak ending that doesn't really satisfy anyone. It's not a bad show, but it's no where near the level of the first few seasons and that's what makes it so much worse. If it was consistently at this level of quality from the beginning no one would be bothered about how it's ending, but it all feels so rushed like the writers were just desperate for it to end. 

Like, it's kinda hilarious that they've fought off this mythical character in the Night King, they've literally prevented the apocalypse.... and not a single person has spoken about it. In the first few seasons, it would have taken Jamie about 4 or 5 episodes to get to Kings Landing, and on the way he'd bump into people who would be talking about "The great battle of Winterfel against the Night King" so there would be some kind of pay off that it actually meant something. But meh, it's all so.... empty now. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mozzavfc said:

Hurley sitting on the Iron Throne

I think someone spoiled it for me earlier. Or at least they told me something that is definitely a spoiler if it’s true. 

Thing is... I wasn’t that bothered. Which tells me everything. 

It’s still a great show. But it’s a shadow of what it was. 

At times it’s been an amazing show. But it’s not on the elite level of TV shows. 

Spoiler

I watched some earlier seasons, it was a different show.

The ending was just... urgh. The last scene with the Small Council, it felt like a skit with all of the actors.

And 'a song of ice and fire', cringing.

What a shame that D+D wanted to rush it. This season, with the context of all of the episodes, has been dreadful.

So many parts of that were non-sensical. But I'll sleep now and moan more tomorrow 😂

Edited by StefanAVFC

Horrible.

Spoiler

I agree with Stephan - the council was like we’d suddenly morphed into LOTR. I half expected Gandalf to show up.

No real magic anywhere this season and when Jon killed Deni - meh - an allegory for this season really - a tepid tame scene with a shrug of the shoulders from those of us watching.

Edited by TheAuthority

I'm less disappointed with that episode than I have been with a lot of this season.

Thought it was a fairly decent wrap up

However I agree that

Spoiler

the council scene was crap. Why the **** is Bronn there? I hope GRRM kills that word removed early.

The biggest problem is still the rushing. Yet again

Spoiler

one of the biggest tyrants and threats to the kingdom gets killed in a single stab

This whole season should have been 3 seasons. One for the battle with the dead (and all the build up/fall out), one for the overthrowing of Cersei and one for the build up to what happens in this episode

• Like 1

Spoiler

The similarity to the ending of Lord of the Rings is pretty weird

The scouring of the shire
The hero (Snow/Frodo) achieves their goal, but the world has changed and they have to leave.
They have an emotional goodbye on the dock before sailing away to their new life.
Their best mate Sam is left behind and writes a book about the whole thing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â