Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

You could argue Gendry has more claim as it was his family last on the throne, Cersei is in theory still part of that bloodline 

Gendry is a bastard, he has no claim to the throne.

3 hours ago, birdistheword said:

So, what does the Night King want? Is there a motive of destroying all mankind, or is it simply because the children of the forest made them to kill humans in order to protect them, so in effect they are just killing machines?

I would suggest they aren't merely walking very slowly and/or dilly dallying, but rather waiting for something, or someone, to launch a true assault on The Wall.

1 hour ago, JB said:

Pretty sure it's actually

Hide contents

Jon's dad annulled his marriage to his first wife so he could marry Jon's mom (Lyanna Stark). 

Spoiler

more than that, it could suggest that rhaegar annulled his marriage to elia martell, and then eloped with lyanna stark, he didnt abduct her, it would make roberts rebellion a load of bollocks

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So why did Cersei kill all off Roberts basterds?

She did not - Joffrey did. Or at least, he made the order. The reasons are potentially numerous, maybe it was jealousy, maybe fear, maybe revulsion. Perhaps a combination of all three. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So why did Cersei kill all off Roberts basterds?

43 minutes ago, hogso said:

She did not - Joffrey did. Or at least, he made the order. The reasons are potentially numerous, maybe it was jealousy, maybe fear, maybe revulsion. Perhaps a combination of all three. 

but Ned clearly thought Gendry was the legitimate next in line? Even if that didn't turn out very well for him. 

32 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

but Ned clearly thought Gendry was the legitimate next in line? Even if that didn't turn out very well for him. 

He definitely didn't. He was scouting Gendry and his ilk as evidence that the official three weren't Robert's. Not to crown him/them.

When Robert died, Ned's vote went to Stannis as being next in line.

23 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

He definitely didn't. He was scouting Gendry and his ilk as evidence that the official three weren't Robert's. Not to crown him/them.

When Robert died, Ned's vote went to Stannis as being next in line.

Oh yeah, so it did! Good point. 

6 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Can't Bran just warg in to Cersei and make her jump out of the window like Tommen.

Because then they would have to change the name of the capital to Queen's Landing.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, hogso said:

I would suggest they aren't merely walking very slowly and/or dilly dallying, but rather waiting for something, or someone, to launch a true assault on The Wall.

Well here is a comparison of Jon and the WW since the battle of Hardhome

Spoiler

9bg8ku0nhrfz.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'd argue the WW aren't heading in a straight line to the wall. They'll be scouring the north 'recruiting' as many freefolk (by murdering and raising them) as they can so as to strengthen their army. Yes, it's not accounting for all the travelling they're doing south of the wall, but I don't think it's as simple as WWs heading from A to B like on that map.

Plus, he's probably biding his time waiting to strike...

COUGH

Spoiler

Dany to head north with a dragon so he can kill it and have it as a mount to take down the wall

COUGH

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I checked my media server earlier and I can confirm it has indeed leaked :D 

Before I knew it I'd google searched and found a reddit topic with the spoilers. Why do I do this to myself?

Â