Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

He will probably just get some hapless girl to cart him all over the country and as soon as he gets where he wants to be, pretend he isnt called Bran anymore, and send her packing. 

• Like 1

He will realise he has to accept an evil for the greater good, blow up someone who will not compromise with his wacky powers and then go off to make life of his own... But only after a love interest convinces him of the need to be a saviour by showing him the world is still interesting even to beings with no interest in human dramas...

...Or is that Watchmen?

Do we know that it was Bron that saved Jamie? 

Looked like it was deliberately concealed to me.

Reckon it might be someone on Danaerys' side, thinking Jamie is more valuable alive.
I'd suggest Tyrion but he was surely too far away to get there, and too small to have such an impact!

Edited by Stevo985

I've not being enjoying the show as much this season so far. I'm also watching Twin Peaks: The Return at the moment and I wish now that I'd saved one to watch later rather than trying to be invested in both at the same time.

That being said, this week's show was the strongest of the current series by far in my opinion. I enjoyed Arya's scenes, the return of Bronn and of course the battle at the end from a visual standpoint.

I can't escape the feeling though that the show is ducking out of killing off characters more than ever now, which means it doesn't have the same tension as before. I can understand that there are perfectly good reasons for keeping Bronn, Ellaria, Jamie and Yara alive, but the fact that a major death hasn't yet happened has left me feeling like there is no peril in each battle set-piece.

Well, firstly it depends what you would determine a 'major' death. I wouldn't call Yara's a major death, for example. And Ellaria is dead. We're just not going to see it.

Mostly though I accept that we are very quickly approaching the end game, and you know, I want to see mostly everyone there when what ever happens, happens.

I see that the hackers have leaked the script for the fifth episode, amongst other things. The deadline for their 'ransom' (presumabely in the millions of dollars) ends in 3 days.

yeah i quite liked ellaria's end, spend the rest of your life with the rotting corpse of your daughter right in front of you

i also think there are a few deaths coming, theres no way everyone is surviving that scene in the trailer where the army of the dead surrounds jon snow, beric dondarrion, the hound etc

30 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Ellaria is a goner. Indira Varma has said that she makes no further appearance, this year or next.

This is the kind of stuff that it would be nice to hide in spoiler tags.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This is the kind of stuff that it would be nice to hide in spoiler tags.

Is it that much of an issue? There's not going to be any big reveal, someone who is chained up in a dungeon just isn't going to be in the remaining nine episodes.

We've not seen Stannis die on screen either, do we need to tip-toe around the fact that he's not in it anymore either?

23 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Is it that much of an issue? There's not going to be any big reveal, someone who is chained up in a dungeon just isn't going to be in the remaining nine episodes.

We've not seen Stannis die on screen either, do we need to tip-toe around the fact that he's not in it anymore either?

She easily could have been though. There could have been a plot to break her out, or she could have been saved when King's Landing falls. It could have just been a fairly morbid scene showing her daughter's final moments. Now we know that none of that is possible.

The uncertainty makes things interesting. 4th wall spoilers ruin the anticipation of whether or not characters could make a reappearance.  The Hound went missing for an entire season, but came back, I'd have been pissed to find out in advance because someone posted that the actor was definitely in the upcoming series

But hey, maybe it's just me that is bothered by it and everyone else thinks it's fine.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

Nah it's annoying finding things out about that. Like, if the actor who played Gendry said he's not coming back to the show, i'd be pissed if someone told me that. I like wondering if he will ever make a return.

Anyone else think that last GoT episode was a little Hollywood? In season 1 of GoT someone would have died. Probably Jamie, I didn't really like the last minute save to him.

It should have been Bron charging the dragon /danny and he should have died. 

does it have the same drama if bronn does it though? hes a fan favourite and whathaveyou but its not the same, tyrion doesnt get his line, they dont get the great trailer, they dont get the probably overthought but symbolic image of jamie sinking in the lake

they could have killed bronn on the scorpion and had jamie jump off his horse

i thought the way they showed the emotion building in jamie during the battle was very good and im half expecting his mate bronn to at least have a burnt arse if not worse which will build a bit more, his next move will be an interesting one, gone from the love scenes with cersei followed by the anger in the final scene last week to the seemingly hating dany ending this week, he could be a very angry man 100% behind cersei next week, to a very angry man snapping at cersei come the end...

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

She easily could have been though. There could have been a plot to break her out, or she could have been saved when King's Landing falls. It could have just been a fairly morbid scene showing her daughter's final moments. Now we know that none of that is possible.

The uncertainty makes things interesting. 4th wall spoilers ruin the anticipation of whether or not characters could make a reappearance.  The Hound went missing for an entire season, but came back, I'd have been pissed to find out in advance because someone posted that the actor was definitely in the upcoming series

But hey, maybe it's just me that is bothered by it and everyone else thinks it's fine.

Just because the actress said she is not returning to the show does not mean it is true. I am fairly certain there is precedent for actors telling porkies about their involvement in TV and film projects in the past. For me the doubt remains, because she did not die on screen, but I still assume she is gone for good because of the manner of that final scene. I do not believe this sort of speculation represents a spoiler.

47 minutes ago, hogso said:

Just because the actress said she is not returning to the show does not mean it is true. I am fairly certain there is precedent for actors telling porkies about their involvement in TV and film projects in the past. For me the doubt remains, because she did not die on screen, but I still assume she is gone for good because of the manner of that final scene. I do not believe this sort of speculation represents a spoiler.

This is GoT, Jon Snow proves point 1 and disproves point 2. He told porkies and was killed on screen

• Thanks 1

Â