Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

Spoiler

What gets me the the whole "we don't have time" when Jon gets saved by his uncle. Really? You don't have time to jump on the horse behind him ? You could do that in the time that you say "we don't have time". The shared body warmth would have done Jon good given the state he was in. Needless self sacrifice is needless.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Straggler said:
  Hide contents

What gets me the the whole "we don't have time" when Jon gets saved by his uncle. Really? You don't have time to jump on the horse behind him ? You could do that in the time that you say "we don't have time". The shared body warmth would have done Jon good given the state he was in. Needless self sacrifice is needless.

Spoiler

I thought the same exact thing. I'd get it if he said "I can't come with you Jon they'll kill me at the Wall" or something, but "we don't have time" is the lamest reason when they both had minutes and minutes to get on that horse together. 

Episode 6:

Spoiler

I loved it.

Yes you now have to take the time element with a huge pinch of salt. But **** it. That's one of those things I can just dismiss. It's Game of Thrones, set in a fantasy world where people come back form the dead and there are Dragons and zombies and magic. 
I'm not going to get hung up on the continuity of time not being quite right or where the army of the dead got some chains from..

My biggest issue, actually, was Danaerys saving the day being so telegraphed. I guess it had to be done that way, but during the fight with the dead I found it quite difficult to feel that tense about it when I knew Danaerys was going to turn up. Compare that to, say, the battle of the bastards where I genuinely thought that was it.
But it was still great TV.

I also thought the Dragon stuff was really important. One to even the sides, but two to answer the questions that many people had of why wouldn't they just use the dragons to wipe out the dead in seconds. The fact they can be killed so easily by the dead changes things massively.

And the ending. I feel like that should have been obvious, but I didn't see it coming at all. Brilliant

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Episode 6:

Hide contents

And the ending. I feel like that should have been obvious, but I didn't see it coming at all. Brilliant

Spoiler

I think the whole episode was pretty formulaic to be honest. There weren't any surprises or shocks (I expected that ending to happen). GoT is at it's best when something unexpected happens, like a main character dying or a turnaround in someone's fortunes. Also the people nearly drowning but magically resurfacing and surviving needs to stop. I thought it was overdone in the books but it's happening every week in the TV show. We know nobody is going to drown as a way of dying. 

Just now, villa89 said:
  Hide contents

I think the whole episode was pretty formulaic to be honest. There weren't any surprises or shocks (I expected that ending to happen). GoT is at it's best when something unexpected happens, like a main character dying or a turnaround in someone's fortunes. Also the people nearly drowning but magically resurfacing and surviving needs to stop. I thought it was overdone in the books but it's happening every week in the TV show. We know nobody is going to drown as a way of dying. 

Spoiler

Well, I mean the almost drowning thing has happened twice, that I can remember. 

I was surprised by the ending. And everyone I know who has seen it and I've spoken to were too. Plus some people on here.

So fair enough if you predicted it, but I still think it was a surprise. I didn't see anyone before the episode predicting a dead dragon.

I do agree on the big characters dying though. That hasn't happened for a while. But I get the feeling we'll get a lot of them dying all at once very soon

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:
  Hide contents

So fair enough if you predicted it, but I still think it was a surprise. I didn't see anyone before the episode predicting a dead dragon.

Spoiler

Oh yeah the night king getting his own dragon was definitely a surprise but once he shot it down with his heat seeking spear it was obvious he was going to resurrect it as an epic ice breathing dragon. God I hope the night king wins and the whole of westeros is obliterated and turned into an army of undead, apart from any remaining sexy dornish chicks of course.  

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:
  Hide contents

Oh yeah the night king getting his own dragon was definitely a surprise but once he shot it down with his heat seeking spear it was obvious he was going to resurrect it as an epic ice breathing dragon. God I hope the night king wins and the whole of westeros is obliterated and turned into an army of undead, apart from any remaining sexy dornish chicks of course.  

You ok, hun?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well, I mean the almost drowning thing has happened twice, that I can remember. 

I was surprised by the ending. And everyone I know who has seen it and I've spoken to were too. Plus some people on here.

I do agree on the big characters dying though. That hasn't happened for a while. But I get the feeling we'll get a lot of them dying all at once very soon

Spoiler

I thought they completely telegraphed it with the dead bear. Kinda ruined it for me. 

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Fair enough. 

I completely didn't see it coming.

For me:

Spoiler

it was a massive "oh my GOD" moment when it cut back and they were pulling the dragon out of the ice. It slowly dawned on me what was going to happen :D

Spoiler

i personally thought that with everything going on the scene on the boat with dany and jon was pretty underrated, the my queen and dany stuff, thats been badly rushed and also ridiculously telegraphed but with her seeing his scars and him seeing her grief that came together quite nicely this episode

On the one hand, that was thrilling, intense and immensely enjoyable. But I have to say, for me, there's just too much about it plotwise that jumps out and screams 'bullshit' for me now. Nearly all of which has already been pointed out by others.

Before somebody says that obvious thing about how it's a show with dragons and magic so you can't really question anything, it's nothing to do with the fantasy element - it's the contrivances, the last minute Hollywood-style saves, the clunkier dialogue etc. that really took me out of the moment when I was watching it. If it had always been like that (like 24) then fair enough.

Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic and I still absolutely love it but it's just not living up to its own ridiculously high standards. Also, I'm slightly disappointed that it seems to be heading in the simplest, most obvious direction for the end-game.

Would still bang. 

3 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I wonder if the Night King will use the dragon to bring the wall down somehow. I really hope the battle against them doesn't just stay beyond the wall.

Spoiler

I am sure he will. If Dragon fire can be used to melt castles to the ground as the characters in the show state then a wall of ice is nothing. The Dragon is a game changer and while it may not win them the war it will make the final episodes far more exciting now.

31 minutes ago, Daweii said:
  Hide contents

I am sure he will. If Dragon fire can be used to melt castles to the ground as the characters in the show state then a wall of ice is nothing. The Dragon is a game changer and while it may not win them the war it will make the final episodes far more exciting now.

Would the dragon not breath frost now instead of fire?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Hide contents

Would the dragon not breath frost now instead of fire?

Spoiler

Ah it might do. I dunno if turning them changes the dynamics of how a Dragon works. I was under the impression that it would still breathe fire, but you may be right. In that case I don't know what will happen. I'd assume that without anything to take out the Dragon that even breathing frost it'll make taking the Wall really easy. Very curious though I wanna see what it breathes now as I just didn't consider anything different.  

Â