Paul Faulkner

smetrov

The recent Twitter **** up is nothing new, most other clubs have made that mistake and none have learnt of each other...

I can see the reason for this statement and i think its a genuine attempt to try and calm and help things. The problem is it just doesn’t, its a little pathetic and we’ve heard it before.

A blind deaf dog can see that these are becoming season regulars and the question why they keep having to whip them out, **** fix the reason why its happening, no investment!

Edited by VillaForever1970

I'd love to know what influence Faulkner really has at the club. One thing is for sure, it's all gone wrong since he has been the CEO.

Things haven't been too bad this season until this last month, really. 

Really?

Since December 4th we have taken 15 points from 20 league games, with just 4 wins, scored 19 goals and conceded 33. 

Things have been going wrong for a lot longer than since last month. Our situation has been slightly masked by the poor form of other teams but this has been largely another poor season after a quite promising start.

I'd love to know what influence Faulkner really has at the club. One thing is for sure, it's all gone wrong since he has been the CEO.

Things haven't been too bad this season until this last month, really.

Really?

Since December 4th we have taken 15 points from 20 league games, with just 4 wins, scored 19 goals and conceded 33.

Things have been going wrong for a lot longer than since last month. Our situation has been slightly masked by the poor form of other teams but this has been largely another poor season after a quite promising start.

Agreed.

Amazing how anyone could not describe that as anything but poor.

I agree. For Faulkner to come out with this means that change is forthcoming.

Indeed but I don't think it will be either of the changes people are speculating about...

If not a new owner/manager, what chances are you expecting/hoping for?

It is not good enough. Wishy-washy, semi-insulting PR painting supporters of this club is not good enough, even if the intention was the opposite. 

Completely agree that it is insulting. No doubt it took them about five minutes to type out.

Edited by Chap of Steel

Lambert won't be leaving and there' nothing on PF's statement to suggest he will, but PF is right we need to stick together and all of us who love the villa and are able to go on Saturday have to give total support during the game, even if it' going badly because turning on them will not end welli

"Turning on the team."  The very expression sickens me.  If any of our overly-sensitive brethren intend to turn up at Villa Park on Saturday with the mindset of turning on the team as soon as the slightest thing goes wrong I would urge them - for the sake of Villa - to do the decent thing and not turn up.  We need 110% backing from the first minute to the last.  The likes of Baker and Bennett need to know that they won't be jeered should they make the slightest mistake. Get behind them and make them feel like the best players in the world. 

It's one thing pecking away with negativity on internet forums, sapping the positivity out of people who want their team and manager to succeed.  Bringing that mindset to Villa Park in order to deflate fellow fans and team alike is another thing entirely.  Moaners, whingers and bottlers stay at home - leave the mighty Villa to the rest of us.

• Like 2

When PF talks about coming off the back of two good wins, he forgets that they were proceeded by another load of shit.

The problem this year is that we have consistently poor, showing only short bursts of ability, whereas last season it was poor, but then we pulled together and put a run together.

I wish the club would just be up front and say 'yeah, we're shit, we know, the young and hungry things hasn't really worked, we're not going to change anything until the end of the season, so let's try and get behind the lads in case we surprise ourselves and get a win'

Sick of this PR bollocks, which is exactly what it is. Remember General Krulak?

I had to laugh at someone feeling sorry for PF, why the **** should we feel sorry for him? He's proven to not have a clue about football, he should have resigned a long time ago because he must know it himself.

We will go down next season IMO, certainly more likely than any other.

Dark days.

• Like 1

I really don't understand the point with this message.

We are shit, that we already knew, but we are also one victory from being absolutely safe and there are a few games left.

We have lost four on the bounce, but it's not like we didn't knew we were capable of doing so badly.

Had we been 19th, four points from safety and so on I could have taken it, but why now? Maybe the guy just wanted to do something, maybe he was bored at the office.

The summer is important of course, we need new energy and better players to become better as a team. A few good signings ready to go straight into the team will do us a world of good, that is the difference between us and clubs like Southampton with Lallana, Schneiderlin and so on.

At least it seems that they're aware of how the fans see the club at the minute. Outsiders looking in would likely be inclined to think that the club is operating roughly as it should be, considering the financial constraints and the lack of quality PL has available to him. 

It's a really bizarre thing to do, this statement. I understand the idea behind it - lets face it many people, including myself have asked for some leadership, someone to stand up and tell us what's going on, or at the very least give us a bit of hope. And had this been done - then great, that would have been just what was needed. But sadly, it's not which means it's rather backfired.......

.....Last time one of these went out, McLeish was told to pack his bags. Will it be done again this time, despite to constant mention of having stability. I think this statement is pretty close to saying yes, he's off. It doesn't mention support to the manager, other than to 'pull together'. He's clearly under performing, making bizarre, poor decisions. I so desperately wanted him to succeed. I thought he would - or at least succeed in an Aston Villa way. So it'll be disappointing to see him go. On the other hand, I'm not sure he's got it in him. His fire in his belly certainly seems to have gone missing. It's just "We'll try (go) again". Limp. Trouble is I don't think I can stomach another two month panic as Falkner jets around trying to find someone stupid enough to take the job. Can you imagine who we'd end up with next considering their track record so far? It also gives the get our clause for player investment, so desperately needed in the summer. The new manager, so happy to have a job he never thought he'd get, wants to assess the bunch of bozos we already have at the club. A year later, he's aware most of them are not top division footballers, too late, gets sacked. Circle starts again. It has to end at some point.

'Time for us all to pull together'? More like 'Time for you to sort yourselves out'.

That's a very good post. I think society is rife with people who communicate to "customers" in a kind of weird corporate speak, probably because they have been immersed in that type of corporate environment all their lives.

Personally I'm not insulted by someone asking me(us) to pull together and all the rest. But I have to say it just washes over me. I've never booed a Villa player or team, ever. I generally am encouraging at games, for the exact reason theat Chris said - we all want the team, club, manager etc. to do well. It's a given. There's no need to mention it, really.

I always find that the things that spur me to be extra supportive or whatever are being thanked and treated as improtant in my tiny way, and then being given some thing, some reason, for me to work out or make the jump myself, to do it some more.

So in clumsy terms, don't say "do that again" say "when you did this...this was the result" - let me work out that the two things might be connected, don't kind of talk down to me with some shiny speak. That's a bit of a simplified way of explaining it.

All that said, I've no problem with the missive, I just feel it was a bit of a wasted communication. We don't get "spoken to" much, so I'd want them to carry on speaking, but try and tune it a bit. I'm cerrtain it's well meant, it just misses the point a bit by being in shiny-speak.

They are trying to tailor their messages to us, but there's still a way to go. The season ticket renewal letter was a better example (for me, at least). It's only a little thing, but it looks like the wording for people who travel a long way to games was different to that for more locally based fans, recognising the travel difficulties etc.

Maybe we're just sullen because the team's playing like drains, so nothing anyone says will make a difference? Like you imply "sort yourselves out" i.e don't tell us, show us.

I'd rather he be telling the players how much the fans are hurting (which he could well be behind the scenes). I hate this business of putting responsibility with the fans. Just go on the football pitch and show some fight, the fans will respond in turn.

That is exactly my sentiments

We all know what the fans responsibilities are......do they know theirs?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

We will go down next season IMO, certainly more likely than any other.

Dark days.

I've read this a few times today.  Can I just point out that this season aint over yet

Â