Paul Faulkner

smetrov

I think he got better the longer he was here, but perhaps we were just a step on his promotional ladder?

We're a 'training' club for the FA now.. I feel strangely used.

Edited by AValon

I can't believe the club aren't telling us anything rabblerabblerabble - club release something - not good enough rabblerabble

Faulkner's shit,get him out rabblerabblerabble - Faulkner leaves - The club's a shambles rabblerabble. 

tumblr_inline_mn2c2wuCX71qz4rgp.gif

Its almost like there are different fans with different opinions....

• Like 4

I can't believe the club aren't telling us anything rabblerabblerabble - club release something - not good enough rabblerabble

Faulkner's shit,get him out rabblerabblerabble - Faulkner leaves - The club's a shambles rabblerabble. 

Or just people that are 1) massively contradictory and/or 2) never happy. 

Edited by lexicon

I don't mind that he's gone, I also don't mind the timing of it.

I don't know what his job was, but it was always a bit frustrating that other clubs had people with football experience, and we had one of Randy's personal assistants.

Thkning optimistically, it could be that Randy has turned his attention back to the club and thought, 'first thing's first, let's get a new CEO'. Which would tie in with this announcement coming a day after Randy's.

So you don't think that there are different fans with different opinions?

The club is a shambles,

I find it odd that the announcement comes effectively hours after Randy's statement yesterday (which in itself was released at a rather arbitrary time).

Surely one statement to announce PF steeping down, Robin Russell filling in and Randy returning his focus as owner would've been better? 

Trent, do you know anymore about Faulkner's decision to leave?

Agree with this. Was Lerner not aware of this? If he was, surely he would have included it in his statement to clarify everything at the same time? Was Faulkner not aware that Lerner was going to make a statement?

Of everything that has happened, this event to me is the clearest indication of the state of our Club at the moment.

What exactly have Villa fans had to be happy about over the last 4/5 shambolic years of Lerner's ownership? 

Personally, given we had the statement from Lerner yesterday following bu this today I think it is fair to call that shambolic.

I never much rated Faulkner but I would be hard pushed to think of a worse time for him to be going or for their to be a more shambolic way to announce it than less than 24 hours after the absentee owner announces the focus is back on being a football club rather than an unwanted asset.

• Like 2

Don't really know how to react to this, im hoping this has to do with a imminent sale irregardless of lerners statement. I mean who would pick a job at FA rather than the sinking ship that is villa? I mean signing pro's like senderos must be every ceo's dream!

So you don't think that there are different fans with different opinions?

What a ridiculous question, of course there are. I didn't feel it worth addressing as it wasn't really relevant to the point I was making. 

What exactly have Villa fans had to be happy about over the last 4/5 shambolic years of Lerner's ownership? 

Personally, given we had the statement from Lerner yesterday following bu this today I think it is fair to call that shambolic.

I never much rated Faulkner but I would be hard pushed to think of a worse time for him to be going or for their to be a more shambolic way to announce it than less than 24 hours after the absentee owner announces the focus is back on being a football club rather than an unwanted asset.

2 scenarios with a question each:

1) Faulker left on his own accord for whatever reason. How's that the club's fault?

2) Lerner's renewed focus involves shaking things up and replaces the CEO. Doesn't that show pro-activity? 

With regards to happiness - it's where you find it. As a football fan, you've no right to anything and can only take what you're given because you've got no control anyway - winning games makes me happy, scoring goals makes me happy, the shit that happens, it's sad but if you let that affect you to the point where you're seething with rage and personally insulting people you don't know or never met, what does that say about you? You as in people in general, I mean. 

I don't how anything that has happened following Lerner's initial statement about being sold can be seen as positive.  We are in a big mess imo and don't be surprised if players begin to jump ship.

1) Faulker left on his own accord for whatever reason. How's that the club's fault?

2) Lerner's renewed focus involves shaking things up and replaces the CEO. Doesn't that show pro-activity? 

With regards to happiness - it's where you find it. As a football fan, you've no right to anything and can only take what you're given because you've got no control anyway - winning games makes me happy, scoring goals makes me happy, the shit that happens, it's sad but if you let that affect you to the point where you're seething with rage and personally insulting people you don't know or never met, what does that say about you? You as in people in general, I mean. 

Other scenarios are available.

• Like 1

I don't how anything that has happened following Lerner's initial statement about being sold can be seen as positive. We are in a big mess imo and don't be surprised if players begin to jump ship.

If we bring in a better CEO, someone who might even make the fans thing 'Now you're talking!', then surely Faulkner leaving will be seen as a positive, as it will have lead to the appointment of said person?

I personally think (hope) that Lerner has taken notice of many calls for a clear direction, lead by someone with a good plan, and is in the process of bringing in a CEO that we can get behind.

• Like 1

Other scenarios are available.

Certainly are, like: Faulkner is kept in the dark over potential takeover, Lerner makes his statement on Monday, Faulkner thinks "f**k me! I've been sat around here thinking a new employer is on the cards and now numbnuts has gone and stitched me up again. That's it, I'm off". Or, something along those lines.

I don't how anything that has happened following Lerner's initial statement about being sold can be seen as positive. We are in a big mess imo and don't be surprised if players begin to jump ship.

If we bring in a better CEO, someone who might even make the fans thing 'Now you're talking!', then surely Faulkner leaving will be seen as a positive, as it will have lead to the appointment of said person?

I personally think (hope) that Lerner has taken notice of many calls for a clear direction, lead by someone with a good plan, and is in the process of bringing in a CEO that we can get behind.

I would love to share your optimism but after the last 4/5 seasons Lerner is clearly not bothered and his latest statement is more bullshit to add to the mounds that we have already been fed.

Very little will happen IMO until we are sold and the sooner that happens the better.

Good Riddance.

He got better, but he wasn't qualified for the job in the first place! Ever since he's been in charge things have gone downhill. A real yes man.

Any man that presided over the appointment of Mcleish should have resigned on principle at being shit at his job.

Like to know the story behind this. Sounds like Randy has given him the chop.

• Like 1

Â